Accountancy Forum
is'nt life a cruel hard business. - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: is'nt life a cruel hard business. (/showthread.php?tid=256)

is'nt life a cruel hard business. - meer - 09-05-2003

Hi All members.

I have been following your post for about 5 days , it is of nodoubt , members in here have indepth knoweldge of Accountancy market and accountancy qualification availiable.

Probably you guys may be of some help I would like to present rather personal problem of mine , I am 30 years old and in the middle of ACCA(part 2) which i have started an year ago,I have 4 years of expereience as an accounts assistant in a Foreign Bank in U.A.E., currently I am jobless (....dont raise your eyebrow), anyways what do you think, would it be appropriate for me to do 3 years training
in an auditing firm at this age or (to commit suicide).

- smraza - 09-05-2003

Hi meer,
why you wanna join 3 years training, as i know about acca, you are not strictly required to have experience in Auditing Firm like CA, you have got the 4 years experience in Bank Accounts, i think that will meet the requirements of practical training of ACCA, it sometimes get difficult for the person who was doing job (having salary) and now he switch over to training (have stipend), but i have a question in my mind regarding your current stay, where are u at the moment, r u in Pak or still in UAE, if u are in UAE then it would be better to get a job overthere, comeback to pakistan when u have qualified your ACCA, it would be better for future. anyhow take care.
Regards

S M R

- mamirk - 09-19-2003

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hi All members.

I have been following your post for about 5 days , it is of nodoubt , members in here have indepth knoweldge of Accountancy market and accountancy qualification availiable.

Probably you guys may be of some help I would like to present rather personal problem of mine , I am 30 years old and in the middle of ACCA(part 2) which i have started an year ago,I have 4 years of expereience as an accounts assistant in a Foreign Bank in U.A.E., currently I am jobless (....dont raise your eyebrow), anyways what do you think, would it be appropriate for me to do 3 years training
in an auditing firm at this age or (to commit suicide).

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

ak

- mamirk - 09-19-2003

yaar dont go through this acca business do it part time if you really want to but as we all know employers are more interested whether you can do the work. What good are qualifications when you cant tell a debit from a credit

my advice to you is look for a good job as you are qualified by experience and then get an MBA or continue on with ACCA

pehle nokri dhondo

ak