Accountancy Forum
ACCA through Mature Student Entry Route (MSER) - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: ACCA through Mature Student Entry Route (MSER) (/showthread.php?tid=2579)

Pages: 1 2 3

ACCA through Mature Student Entry Route (MSER) - yasir75500 - 10-24-2005

Hi..I'm Yasir..21 years old..Please help me

1.if i join ACCA through Mature Student Entry Route (MSER) ,will it be fruitful for me or i may face problems in future in getting a job as i won't be having an additional graduation degree..

2.After completing ACCA from Pakistan,what'd be better? Either to go to UK or i'll have to aquire any additional degree for better salary in pakistan

- awais haider - 10-24-2005

dear Yasir u should keep in mind that if u r committed then u can done anything u want.

and the other thing is that acca is much worth paying degree so u would have to keep on increasing ur qualifications to get the max pay like ca,cima,mbaetc

awais haider

- awais haider - 10-24-2005

sorry i missed "not" worth paying

awais haider

- yasir75500 - 10-24-2005

well i've read in this forum that 1 shouldn't start ACCA through Mature Student Entry Route (MSER)...Why????..

The reason i'm not intrested in CAT is that i'm already almost 21 years old and i'm not willing to spend 9 months for CAT...What'd u suggest me to do???

- zeba - 10-26-2005

hii there...yasir its not correct as far as i know...its O.K to go through ACCA through MATURE STUDENT ENTRY ROUTE(MSER)......N yup its a wastage of time for u to go through CAT..now...
anyways i'll suggest you to make a firm decision n go for ACCA..you can do it,as awais above said that if ur commited you can easily achieve what eva you want to..
all my best wishes are with you.
ALLAH HAFIZ

'Talk To Those Who Understand U'

- yasir75500 - 11-03-2005

Zeba Thanks alot for encouraging me...Inshallah I'm gonna start ACCA in jan.

- accountant1 - 11-04-2005

GOOD LUCK yasir

islamabad_@hotmail.co.uk

- Pracs - 11-04-2005

Yasir if you are 21, it makes complete sense to go though the MSER, you can always make up for the Bachelor's degree, remember ACCA now offers a BSc. Accounting.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Failure is a word unknown to me" - M A Jinnah

- smurfyazhar - 11-04-2005

I also joined ACCA through MSER its not that difficult once you are committed to it. try giving M1 and M2 papers through CBE as it willsave you quite some time and are easy to pass. Good luck

Cheers

- teddy - 10-18-2009

hey everyone..im almost through wth my b.com degree n i've heard about acca,i want to start it before i graduate,n im 21,does it mean i should apply through mser..or its not that necessary?

- rabia-k - 10-19-2009

teddy, don't join through MSER. you have a b.dom degree so u will be exempted from first 4 papers.

- waqas zia - 10-20-2009

rabia-k, r u sure that after b.com first four papers are exempted!. please tell me more about it.........

- rabia-k - 10-20-2009

yes . only papers F1 to F4 are exempted, you can check the exemptions here

https//portal.accaglobal.com/accrweb/faces/page/public/accreditations/enquiry/main/EnqInstitutionsTable.jspx

- ACCAite - 10-21-2009

thought i will give my .02...

most of the b.com degrees in pak land are 2 year and there arent exemptions available for 2 year b.com graduates.

4 years b.com graduates....yes ...first four exams.

- ACCAite - 10-21-2009

MSER is just fine brother.

once you have your BSc honors and later when ur ACCA qualified, it wont matter.

you have to remember though, you wont be able to get equivalnce from HEC Pakistan (the equivalent 3 year degree ) because they require you to have high school complete ( grade 9 - 12 ).

But again, life doesnt end at pak land!!!! get on it and best of luck