Accountancy Forum
What is the difference between FRSH and AFF - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: What is the difference between FRSH and AFF (/showthread.php?tid=2597)

What is the difference between FRSH and AFF - awais haider - 10-28-2005

aoa,
plz tell whether i go for frsh or aff as i also wanted to do acca during my articles n i have listened that aff donot give much time for studies

so plz guide my with ur practicle exp
THANKS

awais haider

- Pracs - 10-28-2005

Time factor would be pretty much the same especially if you are in the ICAP stream, you will get off only when you sit for an ICAP exam. In our time (AFF) no holidays were expected if you were sitting for an ACCA exam (even getting the exam day was some thing of a struggle). Things would be pretty much the same with FRSH too. Although one positive thing there is that the firm is a registered ACCA employer.

- awais haider - 10-31-2005

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Time factor would be pretty much the same especially if you are in the ICAP stream, you will get off only when you sit for an ICAP exam. In our time (AFF) no holidays were expected if you were sitting for an ACCA exam (even getting the exam day was some thing of a struggle). Things would be pretty much the same with FRSH too. Although one positive thing there is that the firm is a registered ACCA employer.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>
thanx pracs but there is my friend in frsh who has done acca during his training so how he could do this if the life is tough there. once he told me that a huge hardwork is required and i m ready for this.i have also listened that the aaf attitude is not linient towards student to let them do extra studies.
plz give me some practical suggestion so i could make my mind

awais haider

- Pracs - 10-31-2005

Well, yeah awais that is what I am saying, at FRSH you can manage to get yourself registered as an ACCA student, in which case you’ll be able to rope of some holidays for your studies. However, in case of AFF there is no such concept of holidays for ACCA, because I don’t think that AFF are a registered ACCA employer, get my point there. However, I must warn you that even in FRSH if you are registered as an ICAP student, you’ll probably not be able to get any holidays for ACCA that is some thing you will have to manage on your own time.

Well, time constraint is the hardest thing in CA, other wise there isn’t much to studies and passing the exams. It’s about how you manage a work – study life style. Don’t get too muddled up with the firm you have to join The Big3 (AFF, FRSH, THK) in Pakistan are as good as each other, especially from a student’s point of view.