Accountancy Forum
Conventions - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Conventions (/showthread.php?tid=2643)

Conventions - Notorious Frank White - 11-08-2005

What are conventions and what are they used for? Also,how can they be broken?

Increase your faith
"On the Day you shall see the believing men and the believing women - their light running forward before them and by their right hands. Glad tidings for you this Day! Gardens under which rivers flow, to dwell therein forever! Truly, this is the great success." [Soorah al-Hadeed (57)12]

- Notorious Frank White - 11-08-2005

Conventions are also known as postulates,rules,assumptions,conceptsor principles.so can anyone post a reply please.

Increase your faith
"On the Day you shall see the believing men and the believing women - their light running forward before them and by their right hands. Glad tidings for you this Day! Gardens under which rivers flow, to dwell therein forever! Truly, this is the great success." [Soorah al-Hadeed (57)12]

- Notorious Frank White - 11-08-2005

Conventions are also known as postulates,rules,assumptions,concepts or principles.so can anyone post a reply please.

Increase your faith

- Notorious Frank White - 11-09-2005

i heard that some examples are 'going concern' and 'prudence' . does anybody know any else and what do these mean??

Increase your faith

- sara-i - 11-09-2005

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
i heard that some examples are 'going concern' and 'prudence' . does anybody know any else and what do these mean??

Increase your faith
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

study any of financial accounting book for this basic knowledge
i think you are noy related to accountancy field

>> Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

- Notorious Frank White - 11-09-2005

i have started a accountancy course in the uk, single honours.

i have read about them but i need help understanding them, can u help please.

Increase your faith

- sara-i - 11-10-2005

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
i have started a accountancy course in the uk, single honours.

i have read about them but i need help understanding them, can u help please.

Increase your faith
"On the Day you shall see the believing men and the believing women - their light running forward before them and by their right hands. Glad tidings for you this Day! Gardens under which rivers flow, to dwell therein forever! Truly, this is the great success." [Soorah al-Hadeed (57)12]<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Going concern concept

According to this concept it is assumed that the business will exist for a long time
A firm is said to b going concern when there is neither the intention nor necessity towind up its affairs.
Or you can say that it should continue to operate at its present scale in the forseable future.keeping in view the going concern concept we show the fixed assets at a diminshing balance value and not at their market value.

Prudence concept
It is a caution approach
It ensures that uncernaties and risks inherent in business transactions should b given proper consideration.if there is possibility of loss,it should b taken into account at the earliest.on the other handa prospect of profitshould b ignored up 2 the time it doesnot materialise
This is the rule for the accountants that ,“ANTICIPATE NO PROFIT BUT PROVIDE FOR ALL POSSIBLE LOSSES”

>> Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Edited by - sara-i on Nov 14 2005 102526 AM

- Notorious Frank White - 11-10-2005

thanks, i got the hang of it, please look at my other topic, the financial accounting questions please

Increase your faith

- Ice_Blue - 11-11-2005

read IAS framework for other consideration that u shuld keep in view while preparing financial statements

Ice Blue