Accountancy Forum
Interested for a career in IT - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Interested for a career in IT (/showthread.php?tid=2686)

Interested for a career in IT - Umer Ijaz - 11-24-2005

Assalam-o-Alaikum!
May Allah Almighty shower you with His blessings!
I am very much anxious about my career. I am interested in information technology and computer science. But also a bit worried about scope of this field in Pakistan. I have not much information about BCS or BS. Please recommend me what to do. I will feel very obliged to you for ur guidance. What do you say about the thought that scope of this field in Pakistan is getting down and even a person with BCS degree can earn monthly salary of 8,ooo to 9,ooo. Is it true?

- safial@hotmail.com - 11-24-2005

First of all it is quite true that scope of IT in Pakistan has gone down... But even the IT education can pay u much if it is from some recognized institution.... BE A TOP CLASS STUDENT IN A TOP CLASS INSTITUTION... & u can have what ur heart desire is....BEST OF LUCK
REGARDS

- noman - 11-28-2005

doing well in IT means u need some cash also...
or run outside after a levels...
but can be done here if you go to some verygood institute

- seesamad - 12-02-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Umer Ijaz</i>
What do you say about the thought that scope of this field in Pakistan is getting down and even a person with BCS degree can earn monthly salary of 8,ooo to 9,ooo. Is it true?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Listen my dear i suggest you not to go for any type of speculations first . just do the thing in which your interest.... Wink , even its IT /cs/else, but one thing what u do or vl do , do HARD WORK IN ANY FIELD ,no matter the field is , your hardwork in this age will give you fruit after some years . yes as for as salary point of view i agree the start in PKN for BCS is 7-8-9k ? but what happened once you got experience (3-5yrs) then you can demand more from existing employer but you must have to show ur extraordinary skills or you can apply to other multinationalz on the base of ur experience. THE THING I WANNA CLEAR TO U IS GOOD SALARY NEEDS EXPERIENCE AND WHICH CAN ONLY BE GOTTON BY HARDWORK . so its suggestion then do what ever but do hardwork and believe on GOD the merciful.

Thanks
Abdul Samad
seesamad@hotmail.com

Kind Regards !

- sumaaan - 12-03-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Umer Ijaz</i>
<br />Assalam-o-Alaikum!
May Allah Almighty shower you with His blessings!
I am very much anxious about my career. I am interested in information technology and computer science. But also a bit worried about scope of this field in Pakistan. I have not much information about BCS or BS. Please recommend me what to do. I will feel very obliged to you for ur guidance. What do you say about the thought that scope of this field in Pakistan is getting down and even a person with BCS degree can earn monthly salary of 8,ooo to 9,ooo. Is it true?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

The scope of IT in Pakistan is limited but not going down! You should realize and know IT is an extremely diverse field. CCIE's are paid no less than AT LEAST Rs 100,000 when they start!

People today tend to stay in their shells and comment only about MCS and then certifications like MCSE. One should complete MCS first and then do certifications like CCIE that are in great demand all over the world. The youngest CCIE, i heard, is 24 years old.

Just keep on digging up about different certifications that add great value to your academic degrees.