Accountancy Forum
Plz help me about Mod B exam - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Plz help me about Mod B exam (/showthread.php?tid=2724)

Plz help me about Mod B exam - Khalid_Dawar - 12-11-2005

Salam to all brothers....
I m a module B student .... I got passed for the first time in Mod A but failed 2 times in B.... inspite of my best prepairation for A/Cs and law. I have good concept about A/C and i get Grade B in IT ..... but I got E in M.law .... i don; t know what was the main problem ...... in my studies.... now I m trying for third attempt but very afraid of the previous results.
Plz guide me about the remaining subject B4....and B5 step wise.

THNKS
KHALID

- khawaja_i - 12-12-2005

casestudy is very important thing and try to use wording of law ...students get failed becoz of case studies. give atleast 4 hoursdaily to law so that become part of ur body,,otherwise u will get confused with cases ...
bust of luck 4 this time...but keep one thing in mind
CA require both quality and quantity...try to be perfect,

- Muhammad Adnan Arshad - 12-13-2005

Paper <B5> Mercantile Law

This paper is one of the most dangerous papers of Chartered Accountancy. Even, it may elapse your CA-Carrier. I was also its victim. This paper affected my two modules. In my 1st attempt, I went through almost all the recommended books for Mercantile Law. But it went all in vain, & absorbed my precious time. Then, in my 2nd & 3rd attempts, I adopted "LUQMAN BAIG". Again, failure was my fate. In my 4th/last attempt of <B5>, I read "M.C. KUCHHEL", & by grace of ALLAH, I got passed with highest marks in Mercantile Law (In my Idea, if there were a GOLD MEDAL for Module-B, I have a firm belief that was absolutely mine).

BEST TECHNIQUES FOR MLW PAPER
1 - CONCEPTUAL LEARNING/STUDY..NO ROTE LEARNING (ONLY ALLOW FOR HEADINGS)
2 - MORE ATTENTION TOWARDS CASE STUDIES (MUCH PRACTICE FROM M.C. KUCHHEL ILLUSTRATIONS)
3 - BETTER ENGLISH WRITING SKILLS (ENGLISH IN TERMS OF LAW --- LEGAL ENGLISH
4 - MORE THAN TWO TIMES REVISION OF THE WHOLE SYLLABUS DURING SESSION
5 - ATLEAST 1 TIME REVISION OF THE WHOLE SYLLABUS DURING EXAM DAY
6 - ATTEMPTING THE BEST QUESTIONS AS Q.1,2,3... IN THE MLW PAPER
7 - NO IRRELEVANT ANSWERS IN THIS PAPER (ESPECIALLY)
8 - TRY TO ATTEMPT FULL PAPER OF MLW PAPER (ESPECIALLY)
9 - NO CHEATING IN THIS PAPER (ESPECIALLY)
10 - WRITE AT A FAST SPEED SO THERE WILL BE A TIME TO REVISE YOUR PAPER AFTER ATTEMPTING YOUR PAPER

«·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·»
«.......... A D N A N ..........»
«·´`·.(¸.·*(¸.·´ `·.¸)*·.¸).·´`·»

- noman - 12-15-2005

my recommendations are a little different....

as you have given paper two times...u must know the topics etc...

u must prepare according to the weightages....

1-in first section just keep reading again and again...the agency,indemnity section....one question is a must..
2-then go for sale of goods etc...more focus on this..
3-also study carefully insurance and carriage chapters...they are all alike with similar logics so it will be easy to cover them...
4-in the contract area try to concentrate more on later chapters like breach etc...

....now...
u must study M.C khucchel from first day.....try to understand what he says in his paragraph...if you understand then it will be easy to memorize...mark important words of each paragraph when u read it...

also pay extreme attention to exceptions....bcoz even in simple descriptive questions half the marks are for exceptions bcoz most students know the main points and not the exceptions...

try to understand thats more important...those chapters that u know..prepare them thoroughly and those that u don't like...give them a less time..like i didn't put too much effort on bills,trust etc..

hope that helps..

- Khalid_Dawar - 12-18-2005

Thanks to all friends; noman, Muhammad Adnan Arshad, khawaja_i who replied and put forward their valuable suggestion ...... THANKS
BEST WISHES FOR ALL
KHALID

- maani - 12-20-2005

Hi,
if you are not using "Frank Wood's business accounting" then buy it now....

Ace