Accountancy Forum
ACCA or CA? In a fix.. - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: ACCA or CA? In a fix.. (/showthread.php?tid=2733)

ACCA or CA? In a fix.. - SarahNasir - 12-18-2005

Actually guys, i am completing my A'levels in about 5 months. Being a commerce student, i was initially planning to do CA. But after talking to some friends i beacme really confused! I really dont know what to go for, ACCA or CA??? By the way, on my part i am willing to work really hard and ready to accept all the challenges which are accompanied with both the professions.

So, it would be very kind of you people if you would advice me on what to do. Mind you, your opinion would be of great importance and plz be really rational while answering my question.

Thanks,
Sarah.

Sarah

- Khalid_Dawar - 12-18-2005

Welcome !
CA and ACCA both have outstanding present and future. Some important points about CA and ACCA are as follows;
1. CA is tough as compared to ACCA but it does not mean that it is an easy task ... thye fact is that the passing rate in ACCA is more than CA.
2. ACCA is a foreign degree while CA is our local Pakistani degree so ACCA have more acceptabality than CA .....but it does not mean that CA's are less efficient than ACCA.
In some countries distance education like ACCA is not accepted.
3. Rules and regulations are tough in CA is compared to ACCA ...
4. and in our own country CA have preference over ACCA.
5. ACCA is expensive than ACCA. )
6. and many many more....

So if you have the will to do something challanging and outstanding then you should join CA as a first choice....

BEST WISHES
KHALID

- XBRL - 12-18-2005

if u really wanna work hard, try BA, get gold medal and a car from governer of province, sell the car, invest in real estate, make 10 from 5, reinvest and reinvest and and

he he jusssss kidding

XBRL

BSc,ACCA,ACA,MBA,CPA

- turithegreat - 12-18-2005

ACCA is best for you?

<b>...........................................

«·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·»
«................ T U R I ................»
«·´`·.(¸.·*(¸.·´ `·.¸)*·.¸).·´`·»

...........................................</b>

- SarahNasir - 12-20-2005

Hey thanks Khalid! But Turi, you never gave any reason why I should do ACCA rather than CA. I mean read Khalid's reply, he has some strong points there!! [D]

Sarah

- MaFiA - 12-21-2005

I heard that There is a passing Quota for CA like ICAP will only pass 10 CA every year no more than that so Sarah you have to work hard to be in top ten & also there are many people who got their CA certificate after 12years
I would Opt ACCA anytime bcoz i dont want my time to be wasted bcoz of bad policies of ICAP
What do you guz say about this??

- Ali Akbar - 12-24-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MaFiA</i>
<br />I heard that There is a passing Quota for CA like ICAP will only pass 10 CA every year no more than that so Sarah you have to work hard to be in top ten & also there are many people who got their CA certificate after 12years
I would Opt ACCA anytime bcoz i dont want my time to be wasted bcoz of bad policies of ICAP
What do you guz say about this??
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

It is to update you that now ICAP passes over 100 students, from Summer 2004 attempt, in final in a single attempt.it means 200 per year on average. And in the annual report of ICAP, president of ICAP proclaimed that their objective is to double the number of CAs (i.e at present 3700 app) in next five years that is by 2010 to cater the demand of market.

- Serenity - 12-24-2005

^ wow, that sounds like good news!! D

- Sahar_M - 12-24-2005

<b>Go for CA after Acca, </b>
though a lill expensive but costs almost same as A lvl.
acca instead of ca is a beta option as its less time consuming ,
is beta than ca inter ,
easier for A/O lvl students,
n after acca if u dont feel like doing ca u can opt for other majors as well [D]

---------------------------------------------------------------<font face="Courier New"><font size="1"><b>
Y is the WorLd so full of ..........FOOLs ?????? n y am I one of them (
[Wink]</font id="size1"></b></font id="Courier New">

- turithegreat - 12-25-2005

Dear SarahNasir ACCA is the international qualification while C.A is recognised only in Pakistan & you can do C.A easily after completing ACCA because when you complete ACCA then ICAP gives you the exemption of Module A to Module D,and you can give only 3 years experience and only Module E & F. C.A is tough than ACCA.you can pass ACCA papers easily when you will studying.but you can not pass C.A papers easily,if you have any question then ask from me.wish you best of luck?

<b>...........................................

«·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·»
«................ T U R I ................»
«·´`·.(¸.·*(¸.·´ `·.¸)*·.¸).·´`·»

...........................................</b>

- noman - 12-28-2005

better would be to complete ACCA study...then register with icap and do articles in a CA firm......then give final exams of CA....

you will get both the easiness,convinience of ACCA and efficiency,ability,challenge of CA....

also ACCA might be familiar for A level students..

- SarahNasir - 12-29-2005

Hey thanks Noman [)]

Sarah