Accountancy Forum
Why should i choose CA over other careers? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Why should i choose CA over other careers? (/showthread.php?tid=2743)

Why should i choose CA over other careers? - Sahar_M - 12-23-2005

Why shud one be choosing CA as a career over other options

.e.g

1. MBA
2. MA/BA in Economics
3. Etc

- Pracs - 12-25-2005

Its pretty much to your own liking, I guess the primary reason people in Pakistan are going for CA is the high paying jobs in the market and recently the globalisation of accounting profession, thereby making it a truly mobile career. We have people working all over the world. I presume this year's ICAP directory is surely going to say that around 30% of CAs are working overseas...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Failure is a word unknown to me" - M A Jinnah

- Sahar_M - 12-25-2005

if a persons liking/wanting to do more than one thing i.e. hes confuse , wht should he do so tht he doesnot end up doing nothing . )

---------------------------------------------------------------<font face="Courier New"><font size="1"><b>
Y is the WorLd so full of ..........FOOLs ?????? n y am I one of them (
[Wink]</font id="size1"></b></font id="Courier New">

- Ice_Blue - 12-25-2005

today a teacher of mine said " Even a Qasai (butcher) can make as much money as a Chartered Accoutant if he works hard, but he can't get the respect that a CA gets"

prestige is one thing that makes the CA stand apart.

you may have a different point of view -)

Ice Blue

- Sahar_M - 12-26-2005

well i would say tht she was reffering to the fact tht the qasai isnt educated , the ca is.
in other words if u r educated n open a shop ppl say tht u hv ur own business but if u r uneducated n open a shop its said " munda hati ker da ha ".

---------------------------------------------------------------<font face="Courier New"><font size="1"><b>

- Pracs - 12-27-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sahar_M</i>
<br />well i would say tht she was reffering to the fact tht the qasai isnt educated , the ca is.
in other words if u r educated n open a shop ppl say tht u hv ur own business but if u r uneducated n open a shop its said " munda hati ker da ha ".

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Like your Punjabi slang there Sahar.. haven't heard that in quite some time... ''munda hati kar da hae''

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Failure is a word unknown to me" - M A Jinnah

- Sahar_M - 12-27-2005

<font size="2"><b>[?]if a persons liking/wanting to do more than one thing i.e. hes confuse , wht should he do so tht he doesnot end up doing nothing . ) ?????????? [?]</b></font id="size2">

- Sahar_M - 01-12-2006

yaar , no reply ?? [(]

<font face="Georgia"><b><font color="purple">

</font id="purple"></b></font id="Georgia">

- Ice_Blue - 01-21-2006

utility analysis

Ice Blue

- smurfyazhar - 01-21-2006

who says u cant do more than one thing at a time, although one has to be brilliant other wise he/she shall curse his/her decision for the rest of his/her life.

Cheers

- Muhammad Adnan Arshad - 01-23-2006

someones are forced to do CA & so they have to choose CA over other careers (e.g; engg., medical, architecture, arts, or other social sciences etc). i'm not joking, it also exists in our society.

It is a also common observation that;
"A chartered accountant comes from a middle-class family atleast"

«·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·»
«.......... A D N A N ...............»
«·´`·.(¸.·*(¸.·´ `·.¸)*·.¸).·´`·»
madnan_arshad@hotmail.com

- shahzykhan - 02-22-2010

The first thing to see is your interest...If
1. Your interest is in Accounting/Finance/Audit and
2. You are determined enough to work hard and not losing hope

Go for CA

Else other comparisons can be made...Simple enough...

- Princeahsan - 03-21-2010

AOA to all...
My name is Ahsun iqbal I am the student of intermidiate my question is that if i want to know your opinion that after inter standard what can i choose BBA in IBA KARACHI or Chatered accountancy..??? plz Guide me....

THANKS.....

- Osama Rules - 03-22-2010

Salam,

Well you can choose both,it really depends on your own preferences.

But if your ultimate goal is to do CA then why not go directly for CA in the first place!

Regards.