Accountancy Forum
Information on Good MBA Schools - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Information on Good MBA Schools (/showthread.php?tid=2779)

Information on Good MBA Schools - FerGuSon_in_Mba - 01-05-2006

Dear Frnds,

I ve registered today here!!! Actually i ve juz left CA coz it was too boring( Now I want to take an admission in MBA.. Can any one suggest a good institute of MBA besides IBA ... I need 3 to 4 institute's name where I can apply.. ranking wise, can some one tell me top 5 MBA's College/institute???

- krss - 01-06-2006

Salaam

Dear FerGuSon_in_Mba

I have not enough market information to rank institutes. But these institutes are enjoying/gaining market value.

CBM
Szabist
KU
Hamdard
Bahria
Iqra

Note Their order don't indicate their ranking.

Regards

- Muhammad Adnan Arshad - 01-06-2006

The best MBA Institutes/Universities/Schools in Pakistan are;

1-LUMS, Lahore www.lums.edu.pk /IBA, Karachi www.iba.edu.pk;
2-IBA Department, PU, Lahore www.pu.edu.pk;
3-Lahore School of Economics (LSE), Lahore www.lse.edu.pk;
4-Pakistan Institute of Management (PIM), Karachi www.pim.com.pk;
5-MBA (Banking & Finance) offered by The Institute of Bankers Pakistan (IBP), Karachi www.ibp.org.pk;
6-MBA (Banking & Finance) offered by Punjab University Hailey College of Banking & Finance (PUHCBF), Lahore www.puhcbf.edu.pk;
7-SZABIST, Sindh www.szabist.edu.pk;
8-University of Karachi, Karachi www.ku.edu.pk etc.

- FARHAN85 - 01-06-2006

best institutes are

quaid e azam university islamabad

islamic international university islamabad

FARHAN SAJID

- FerGuSon_in_Mba - 01-06-2006

But I m living in Karachi na( I ve nothing 2 do wid Islamabad n Lahore's Ins.

- Nauman - 01-06-2006

IBA is good.

Regards
Nauman-ul-Haq

- FARHAN85 - 01-08-2006

whats thing bore u in ca

simply relax and sit home when this boring gone out [D]

FARHAN SAJID

- sportyspice - 02-03-2006

i dont know where did mr adnan got all the names of these mba institutes regarding them the best. except for two or three the rest are just average. ferguson if you are really serious about doing MBA then iba should be your first priority in karachi and after that CBM.KU is recognized, however we really dont the know the quality of its graduates as its first MBA batch is yet to come out in the market (i guess). the rest are simply average and are not comparable to IBA and CBM. outside karachi the ultimate choice should be LUMS as it has the best market value right now. even if you reside in karachi and have to go to LUMS belive me its worth it. if money is an issue then target IBA, KU and even quid e azam uni for that matter of fact.

- capricorn_me - 02-10-2006

let me mention here that MONEY IS NOT A MATTER in universities like LUMS (also IBA in karachi,not sure abt it, since i am in lahore)one of friend is studying in lums. can u believe that he has paid not a single penny, even for laundry too ).
he is on scholarship in lums
u hav to get first admission and then decide.
let me tell u that every year there are empty seats for sholarship, all u have to do is to avail them.
and in pakistan
1 lums/iba-karachi
2 lahore school of eco.
3 all rest are equal
but in lahore MBA of comsats are soon going to cross lse(expected)

- sportyspice - 02-12-2006

lums and iba no doubt are the best in pakistan,but for lse kahan ho mere bhai.u reside in lahore maybe that is the reason that you seem to be incclined towards institutes in lahore or are u a student of lse? isnt it?i am a punjabi and reside in karachi.keep on frequently visit lahore as well and have cousins studying in lums and lse both. mere bhai lse has picked up in recent years but never say that it is one of the best choices. in lahore yes but outside lahore u cant bet on it. come and vist cbm for that matter of fact and you will get the picture.pehle to campus or facilities dekh kar hi ghoom jao ge quality to baad ki baat hai ( the best campus after lums). even mba from KU is much better than MBA from punjab university or even cbm let alone lse. karachi is the economic hub of the country and after lums and iba the only institue that dominate over here is cbm. the rest follow suite.yaqeen nahi ata to yahan akar job ke liye apply kar ke dekh lo.a number of student from lahore study in cbm and dont even bother to apply at lse
yes money is not an issue in lums and iba provided that u get the scholarship, otherwise lums is hell like expensive. iba claims that no student who gets admission in the institute is sent back on the basis of inablity to pay tution fee.

- sportyspice - 02-12-2006

or haan ye comsat kahan se agiya? if comsat is gaining market in lahore for mba than mere bhai lahore ka to ALLAH hi maliq hai.

- qasim khan ravian - 01-06-2009

SALAM! I M REGESTER TODAY HERE. PLZ TELL ME ABOUT MBA. CAN I DO MBA AFTER B.COM(HONS). IS IT GOOD. OR I DO MBA AFTER BBA(HONS).PLZ TELL ME ABOUT TOP 5 INSTITUTES FOR BBA(HONS) ONLY OF LAHORE. BECAUSE I LIVE IN LAHORE. THANKS!