Accountancy Forum
Kindly help me decide from these courses... - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Kindly help me decide from these courses... (/showthread.php?tid=2796)

Kindly help me decide from these courses... - rehan_to - 01-09-2006

<font color="green"></font id="green"><font face="Comic Sans MS"></font id="Comic Sans MS">
Assalam-O-Alaikum !
I hv just passed the B.Com part 1st examination getting only 485 marks, i was looking forward for some decent course to follow. A couple of options to which i m exposed r ACMA CIMA ACCA PIPFA , these r the 4 which appealed to me though i know not much about them, i m now regretting on my poor information circle and the deficiency of time, it's Pakistan and to get someone sincere to guide u is just like finding water in a desert, cutting to the chase i would like anyone to advise me(sincerely and faithfully) that what course should i go for and plz do give me a link to follow so that i can know abt the subjects and fee structure etc. etc.

I hv an option of doing PIPFA along with my B.Com part-2 examination , plz tell me that is it worth the time and effort,(i know knowledge never goes wasted but time does and most of all moneyy...... is laid to waste) if there is good future for PIPFA i would give it a try and does it offer any exemptions in the above courses, and plz do tell me abt the duration, subjects, procedure, practical importace and future benefits of the mentioned courses. Thanking sincerely to anyone who considers helping...... (i do not wanna ever go abroad so plz advise regarding that Thnks)

Rehan Ali.
rehan_to@hotmail.com

- imran Hasnain - 01-09-2006

dear

ap pehle b com ko complete kero uske baad mcom ye mba mein admission le lo aur sath sath acca kero.

ager mcom ker lo ge to apko acca ke five papers aur pipfa ke 11 papers wese he exempt ho jayein ge aur acma ke 10 papers ke exemption mile ge

mcom ke baad ap job ker lena aur sath sath jo chaye ker lena

master kerne se apka future secure ho jaye ga

allah hafiz

imran

- rehan_to - 01-10-2006

Assalam-O-Alaikum !
Thnks brother Imran, This is a good option indeed but is there a good way around without the M.Com and what is the way of doing ACMA from where and how , doesn't it enable me to get a job better than M.Com. Kindly help me out and plz do tell me that M.Com is a must (or a good option) in the way to ACMA then from where should i do it and what will be the merit etc..and can i be eligible for some professional job after doing PIPFA. I m working along with my studies so i hope u understand my hasty queries. Thnks
May Allah Bless U !

Rehan Ali.
rehan_to@hotmail.com

- krss - 01-10-2006

Salaam

Dear Rehan Ali.

My suggestions are as follows

Complete BCom-11 with first division, try to get at least 65%.

After doing BCom, decide what profession you want to join--- Accountancy or any other profession.

If you have selected Accountancy as a profession then select only one accounting qualification which suits you after considering these variables (trust on Allah, your perception of yours abilities, past academic record, time and money you can afford). Having more than one professional qualification in same profession doesn't help practically.

Avoid PIPFA, if you want to make your career in Accounting.

I would advise you to go through the relevant past posts on this forum and also visit the websites of relevant institutes listed below. You will find your answers in them but you have to give them their due time.

ICMA
www.icmap.com.pk

CIMA
www.cimaglobal.com

ACCA
http//www.acca.co.uk/

ICAP
www.icap.org.pk

PIPFA
http//www.pipfa.org.pk/

I pray it will help you.

- the_farhan - 01-13-2006

<font face="Verdana">
mr. rehan_to, ACCA CIMA require at least A-leel or bachelors degree before u start it. ACMA requires at least bachelors degree (dont know abt A-level). i ve no idea abt PIPFA. but only ICAP will to do ACA even before bachelors degree ie if u ve (n definitely so) passed intermediate.

so at the moment, i find only CA as practicable option if u want to do some thing before graduating.

BUT i suggest tht u compete ur B.com; start articles, n do ACCA or CIMA along with it. it will be best career path for u. if i were in ur place, i wud ve followed this strategy.

</font id="Verdana">

FARHAN

live, n let live ...

- smurfyazhar - 01-13-2006

my sugesstion to you is firstly complete you BCom with first div. and if you are 21 years join ACCA as well. pipfa is not going to help much in your future

Cheers

- rehan_to - 01-27-2006

Assalam-O-Alaikum !
I would like to give a lot of thnks to everybody for their sincere advise. Now i m regretful for my late post to this topic bcoz of my work hours, i really admire ur advise, now here is what are the final hurdles left, i want to stay in Faisalabad bcoz of my financial circle and bcoz of my work, then i want any body to tell me that which should i choose from where while remaining in Fsd. some options were
ACCA CMA etc. from an institution called CCAPS(plz tell me that does it matter if i do them from some good institute and if so then to what extent)
then i can do M.Com from a number of private colleges G.C.University Fsd. and University of Agriculture

Kindly provide ur help t make this decision my final decision.
and Oh, my interest is in pure mathematical and accounting work plus some technical stuff(if i might get it) along the way, my academic career as krss bhai asked is that i hv 485 marks in B.Com 94 in Stat , 80 in Computer , 68 Accounting(got one question in papers wrong)
May Allah Bless U

Rehan Ali.
rehan_to@hotmail.com

- rehan_to - 01-27-2006

Sorry i almost forgot
1. I always hear ACCA(uk) CMA(uk)...etc. does the (uk) has any difference
2. Plz tell me the distinction between CMA,ACMA,ICMA, and ACCA, is there any difference b/w the first 3 or not
3. Brother smurfyazhar told me that if i mm 21 years i should do ACCA , well i m goin to be 20 in this february , Is the option well for me then too ?

Rehan Ali.
rehan_to@hotmail.com

- krss - 01-27-2006

Salaam

Dear
My observations are as follow

In accounting profession, taking formal education (taking classes) is a futile thing for bright students. Teachers of any accounting qualification teach only about basic things and they only guide. You pass exams & evolve into business professional by only studying good books, reputed financial press, and watching Business related programs/interviews on TV. Institute doesn't matter in Accounting profession. Accounting profession is not similar to MBA in which institute does matter. Good MBA institutes hire only PhDs for imparting education but in accounting education, you will find that majority of teachers are incompetent--- having their own concepts not clear; misleading--- demoralizng & discouraging students by telling them biased information about exams.

You can pursue your education while living in Faisalabad. You can prepare yourself by books(if you are a bright student) and can give exams of ACCA and CIMA without taking classes(it will save you a lot of money).

As far as ICMA is concerned, one thing I appreciate of this institute is that they haven't privatized the education. Therefore fees are low compare to others and within the reach of vast majority of Pakistan's graduates. It is inexpensive.

Whether you can take correspondence or have classes, pay a visit to

ICMAP Centre
Government College of Commerce
"D" Ground Peoples Colony No.1
Faisalabad.
Tel 041-9220103
E-mail icmapmh@fsd.paknet.com.pk

Well, I will strongly recommend you to select one qualification instead of sailing in many ships.

ACCA & CIMA is a UK based qualification and ICMA is a Pakistan based qualification. Infact, ICMA is a parallel body of CIMA, as ICAP is a parallel body of ICAEW in Pakistan.

Feel free to share anything.

Regards

- rehan_to - 01-30-2006

Assalam-O-Alaikum !
Thnks a million brother krss, Jazak Allah, Well U hv cleared a lot of mist for me , now i can see things more clearer than before. One last thing that i would like to ask , Ur final opinion that Is ICMA better , ACCA or CIMA , any one of three or even ICAEW ? . Which one will U suggest, I want to follow only one course as u suggested but do tell me which will be the best , i hv interest in mathematics and accounting(and i myself am bizaare of poor coaching, i prefer not to take bad or confusing coaching so i think i would most likely do my studies without regular classes along with my work)
Plz give me one final opinion from amongst the 4 courses which will be most suitable in Pakistan(good job and oppurtunities point of view).
May Allah Bless U !

Rehan Ali.
rehan_to@hotmail.com

- sheikhmunawar - 01-30-2006

Assalam O Alaikum,
dear "krss" why do you say "Avoid PIPFA, if you want to make your career in Accounting".
I've just taken B.com II, papers and was considering to attempt pipfa.
What do you suggest.

- sane - 06-20-2009

salam to all my fellows
i hope u are all good
i want to do CAT
kindly sugest me which institute is best for me
i am from fsd?
there are 3 institutes which are papulur in professional studies

named as ?
1-skans scool of accoutancy
2-CCAPS
3-IFT(institute of financial traning)