Accountancy Forum
Why accountants R so boring & dry ........ - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Why accountants R so boring & dry ........ (/showthread.php?tid=28)

Pages: 1 2

- Desert Sleet - 02-20-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ophie</i>
<br />It seems that the forum has completely been surrounded my immatures.............. CHCHCHCHCHCHCHCHCH ...... Its quite nice to see theone though ...... where have you been mate ???????????
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
I thought I'd pop into say ' Hi ' cos it's been over 2 weeks since u posted here !!....Ophie, if only there was money in being an Insomniac....I'd be raking it in by now -) Where have u been recently dear.

---------------------------------------------
If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!

- ophie - 02-21-2005

I was hybernating ......... but speaking frankly ..... I wasnt able to login at my office PC onto this account ..... I dont know what the problem is ...... admin has suggested to clean my browser's cache which I have tried ....... I didnt work obviously .... anyhow ,,,,, its nice to post here again .......[)][)][)][)]

- Azeem Shah Khan - 02-22-2005

good to see you back ophie.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">It seems that the forum has completely been surrounded my immatures.............. CHCHCHCHCHCHCHCHCH ...... Its quite nice to see theone though ...... where have you been mate ???????????<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

who is immature?
and who is the lucky one? "Its quite nice to see theone though ...... where have you been mate ??????"

regards

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now."

- Desert Sleet - 02-22-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Azeem Shah Khan</i>
<br />good to see you back ophie.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">It seems that the forum has completely been surrounded my immatures.............. CHCHCHCHCHCHCHCHCH ...... Its quite nice to see theone though ...... where have you been mate ???????????<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

who is immature?
and who is the lucky one? "Its quite nice to see theone though ...... where have you been mate ??????"

regards

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now."
This subject at hand, seems to be unfamiliar to most of you. So I figured that it might be worthwhile to inform you about that its actually a old article and The One is not back!!.

Azeem/Ophie,
This is a quite old thread and The One posted here about 2 years back exactly on <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><b>May 09 2003 101225 PM </b> <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
This thread was then again brought into discussion by Evil Edna
on exactly
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><b>Posted - Feb 17 2005 22307 PM </b><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
So The One isnt back but instead one of his previous thread has been revisited and being discussed once again.

If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!

- mjenet - 03-14-2005

In response to the original question take a look at the accountancy music charts we have compiled at www.accountancystudents.co.uk and you may change your mind.

We have the following for your amusement

No 1 > SOX-31 (A Sarbanes-Oxley rap!)

No 2 > KPMG - Our Vision of Global Strategy (Original)

No 3 > Accountancy Shanty

No 4 > The Accountant Song

No 5 > How Could I Live Without Filing Taxes?

No 6 > Ernst & Young Happy Day

No 7 > KPMG - Our Vision of Global Strategy (Jungle Mix)

No 8 > KPMG - Our Vision of Global Strategy (Hard rock version)

No 9 > KPMG - Our Vision of Global Strategy (Teutonic Master Mix)

As you can see the KPMG song is listed 4 times as there are (suprisingly) four different versions!

If you know of any any additional accountancy, audit or tax songs please can you let us know so that we can add them to the list.

To hear any of the above (they play in Windows Media Player) go to
www.accountancystudents.co.uk and you will see the chart at the bottom of the right hand column.

The remaining question is

By listening to these songs are we laughing <b>with</b> accountants or laughing <b>at</b> accountants?

You decide!

Mark [)]

- Masum - 03-17-2005

One thing i'd like to know is how has the work of accountants changed through software usage? I mean previously accountants would be making small mistakes in their calculations and this would cause them to start the same thing over again, consuming much of their time. But these days do accountants have to go about calculating things? Don't you just use software which does it all for you? If this is the case what do accountants do on a daily basis during work?

Also, when studying for your ca or whatever, is the content of what you study largely the same as what accountants would study 10 years ago?

I am researching accountancy at the moment as I might get into it. I am a peoples person and like to be around a lot of people. After graduation I worked for a small software house with four boring as hell people. It put me of for life so I just left it. I like to be around many and differnet types of people, hell I had more fun in retail then working with this software firm. What will accountancy be like in the context of my expectations?

I have to say forensic accouting doesn't sound all that. Can someone pull something better out of the hat? What is cooperate recovery and cooperate finanace like? You get to travel the globe, advise cooperate companies and stuff like that right? I'd be grateful if you could tell me what the more livelier fields in accounting are.

Finally, was the conclusion of this thread that accountants and accountancy is boring?

- Masum - 03-18-2005

Wow! I ask people what the livelier fields in accounting are and get no replies. Do people not come to this site or is everyone silently consenting to accountancy being boring?

- Desert Sleet - 03-19-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Masum</i>
<br />Wow! I ask people what the livelier fields in accounting are and get no replies. Do people not come to this site or is everyone silently consenting to accountancy being boring?

No, don't let your eyes glaze over, it's definitely not as boring as it sounds!

Since the 15th century many distinguished people from a variety of disciplines have written on the subject of bookkeeping and accounting, yet for a very long time it was regarded with some disrespect (now thankfully almost disappeared) amongst academics and the public in general. Such contempt arose primarily from ignorance of the subject. Equally, accountants themselves have sometimes been responsible for spreading the air of mystery and cynicism that surrounds this and many other professions.

Considerable research supports a “confirmation bias,” whereby individuals more heavily weight information that is consistent with an existing perception which is Accountancy beeing boring. Now a days accountancy profession is facing an uphill battle in changing these perceptions; this makes it difficult to generate sufficient interest in those who might otherwise have an aptitude for accounting.

When The Going Gets Tough ... The Tough Gets Going ...

RE: Why accountants R so boring & dry ........ - ashleyd - 10-05-2016

hello, commentators! I have found the best resource of knowledge, check http://resume-writer.net/blog/top-20-the-most-boring-jobs-of-all-time and read the list of the most boring jobs!