Accountancy Forum
Ask anything about ICMAP - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Ask anything about ICMAP (/showthread.php?tid=2883)

Ask anything about ICMAP - Shinobz - 01-31-2006

helloo Friends [D]

If u have any queries regarding any topic ,,
eg. Admission, Courses, Books, Exemption Policy, Fee Structure, Examination Process, Places, Events, Specified Terms,, Etc. Etc.

Then feel free to ask [)]

I will be pleased to answer your queries [)]

Happy Questioning to You
Regards
Shinobz

Tears of ICE, Word of FIRE, The Heart Burns in the Frozen FIRE

- rehan_to - 02-02-2006

Assalam-O-Alaikum !
Dear brother Shinobz , i hv one problem , i want to decide from ICMA and ACMA , plz tell me which one is better and plz do tell the difference between CMA and ACMA , I live in Faisalabad , this june i m giving exams for B.Com part-2 , plz tell me which one of the above 3 should i choose and tell me when is the session going to start this yaer . If there is a strict merit then plz specify (coz i got only 485 in part 1st), and plz tell me if there is any institution in fsd offering ACMA, I bet i asked a lot , but i would greatly admire if u answer to all or even to some of my questions.
May Allah Bless Us All !

Rehan Ali.
rehan_to@hotmail.com

- Shinobz - 02-02-2006

First of all Rehan let me tell u all about the said terminologies ,,,

<u>1) CMA = Cost and Management Accounatant</u>

It is the degree, which is given to successful students of ICMAP and well recognized in all over Pakistan and World

<u>2) ICMA = Institute of Cost and Management Accountants</u>

As its name reffers, it the institution which provide education regarding the Cost and Management Accounatcy.

<u>3) QCMA = Qualified Cost and Management Accountant</u>

if a person passes all the semister courses he is entitled QCMA. which declares him a successful candidate of ICMAP.

<u>4) ACMA = Associate Cost and Management Accountant</u>

After getting Qualified from the Institute a person became eligible to enroll his/her name in the institue as an associate of the institue.

<u>5) FCMA = Fellow Cost and Management Accountant</u>

If a person get entitled as an ACMA and has Five years relevant experience at a senior/departmental head position after becoming ACMA and also he attends the Ceminars and Meetings held under the label of ICMAP, then he became eligible for being registered as the FCMA of the institue.

Now coming to the second part of your as far as the admission query is concerned, you can take admission without Entry Test if u passes your B.Com with Second Division, which i hope u surely will [)]

You can visit the office of ICMAP in Faisalabad at

ICMAP Centre
Government College of Commerce
"D" Ground Peoples Colony No.1
Faisalabad.

Phone No 041-9220103
E-mail icmapmh@fsd.paknet.com.pk

Best of Luck Rehan [)]

Regards
Shinobz

- rehan_to - 02-04-2006

Assalam-O-Alaikum !
Dear brother Shinobz , thnks a lot for ur help , Just a bit confusion i hope u can sort it out. Isn't ACMA of two categories i.e. from Pakistan and abroad(i heard that), plz do clear this fact and the last question is when i become cma from the ICMAP center then i hv to enroll my name with ICMAP and i will become ACMA , Is that CMA and ACMA gap so simple .
May Allah Bless U !

Rehan Ali.
rehan_to@hotmail.com

- rehan_to - 02-12-2006

Assalam-O-Alaikum !
Dear brother Shinobz , thnks a lot for ur help , Just a bit confusion i hope u can sort it out. Isn't ACMA of two categories i.e. from Pakistan and abroad(i heard that), plz do clear this fact and the last question is when i become cma from the ICMAP center then i hv to enroll my name with ICMAP and i will become ACMA , Is that CMA and ACMA gap so simple .
May Allah Bless U !

Rehan Ali.
rehan_to@hotmail.com

- rehan_to - 02-12-2006

and oh !
one more what is the difference b/w CIMA and ACMA , which one to prefer and why !

Rehan Ali.
rehan_to@hotmail.com

- Shinobz - 02-17-2006

sorry Rehan for the late reply

yes ACMA of two types, one is done from ICMAP (Pakistan) whether the other is done from CIMA (UK).

CIMA is a UK based institute for the Chartared accountancy and its associates are called ACMA (Associate Member of Chartered Institute of Management Accountants)

ICMA is a Pakistan based institute for the Cost and Management Accounatancy and its associates are called ACMA (Associate Memeber of Cost and Management Accounatants)

I hope now u can understand the both term )

Regards

- Shinobz - 02-17-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rehan_to</i>
<br />and oh !
one more what is the difference b/w CIMA and ACMA , which one to prefer and why !

Rehan Ali.
rehan_to@hotmail.com
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Well as far as the preference is concerned it depends on your choise, if u like to be the chartered accountant then u must go throught the CIMA and get ACMA,

But if u like to be a Cost and Management Accountant then u should join ICMA

- danishayub_76 - 10-24-2008

Dear Shinobz.
please suggest me regarding process costing chapter of Cost accounting. i mean book or study text.

- danishayub_76 - 11-11-2008

AOA,

Hi.. is there anybody to help me regarding

i. How many attempts are available for ICMAP examinations.

- TariqLodhi - 11-23-2008

What is percentage for grade A,B,C,D AND PE.

- princesaleem_126@yahoo.co - 09-06-2009

i have done b.com and nw i want to start Acca bt i cannt offord acca so will it b better 4 me 2 do a job along with Acca.will i get good job on bases of b.com. in lahore r islamabad

- iffat_chughtai2000 - 03-17-2010

dear brother,
i m student of bcom 2 and my papers are expected in june.i want to take admission in ICMAP.so plz help me about their
exemption policy
assistance loan
and scholorship policy
one thing more that is entry test difficult or easy???
an early reply will be highly appreciated
thanks
yours sister
Iffat Chughtai