Accountancy Forum
Oxford Brooks University - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Oxford Brooks University (/showthread.php?tid=2921)

Oxford Brooks University - Sohail_A - 02-12-2006

Dear Fellows,
A-O-A,

What is the ranking of Oxford Brooks University? Some one told me that in UK its number (ranking wise) is 72. Any one got some info to share?
[8][8][8][8]
Regards,

In This imaginative World Nothing is Impossible

- smurfyazhar - 02-12-2006

i do not know its ranking but i can tell you that it is comparable to all big universities in UK and elsewhere.

Cheers

- Sohail_A - 02-12-2006

TOP TEN UNIVERSITIES IN UK

Source The Sunday Times University Guide, 2005

Rank University
1 University of Cambridge
2 University of Oxford
3 Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine
4 London School of Economics
5 University College, London
6 University of Warwick
7 The University of York
8 University of Bristol
9 University of Durham
10 University of Bath

- derivativetrader - 02-12-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by smurfyazhar</i>
<br /> i can tell you that it is comparable to all big universities in UK and elsewhere.

Cheers
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

How can you tell that? [D][D][D][D]

- smurfyazhar - 02-13-2006

i read it in the top 100 list some time ago.

Cheers

- Sahar_M - 02-17-2006

Oxford Brookes University <b>63</b>

source http//education.guardian.co.uk/higher/specialreport/table/0,,1510721,00.html

Sahar_M

- Pracs - 02-18-2006

Yeah its not a Uni you would go for an MBA in the UK. I mean especially if you are a qualified accountant already.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Failure is a word unknown to me" - M A Jinnah

- Sohail_A - 02-19-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>
<br />Yeah its not a Uni you would go for an MBA in the UK. I mean especially if you are a qualified accountant already.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dear Pracs.
What university you suggest for MBA especially for ACCA qualified.
--------------------------------------------------------------

- derivativetrader - 02-22-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sohail_A</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>
<br />Yeah its not a Uni you would go for an MBA in the UK. I mean especially if you are a qualified accountant already.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dear Pracs.
What university you suggest for MBA especially for ACCA qualified.
--------------------------------------------------------------

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Depends on what you want to do after MBA. In my view, MBA is not a medium to acquire knowledge but to make contacts. This is because the stuff that you will learn in a MBA is at most useful for 1 year - you learn a lot on job. First of all, there is no book answer to a real world problem. Of course, you do case studies in the MBA but since the matter of fact is different areas are getting sophisticated day-by-day your knowledge would become basic as time would pass.

So, choose your business school which has a lot of alumni in your prospective field/sector.

DT

- yanjinz - 02-23-2006

Dear all,
I am a new comer, very gald to meet all of you . I have a question about ACCA associated degree with Oxford Brooks Uni. Anyone who knows it please help me by answering the following question
whether it is uesful to get Bsc£¨Hons£©in Applied Accounting awarded by Oxford Brooks Uni. if you are already ACCA qualified? Whether such a degree is widely recoginzed and accepted ?
Thanks !
B.s. Rgd.

shelly