Accountancy Forum
CA of Pakistan - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: CA of Pakistan (/showthread.php?tid=2922)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

- voice - 03-25-2006

agreed with shah gee

- voice - 04-09-2006

AOA so anyone knows the actual postion of ca of pakistan

- Pracs - 04-10-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by voice</i>
<br />AOA so anyone knows the actual postion of ca of pakistan
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

What do you mean by that..?? in today's globalisation of the accountancy profession, Pakistani CAs are working in the Gulf (UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Yemen, Oman), South Africa, UK, US, Luxemborg, well there is a whole list ..

- voice - 04-10-2006

AOA Pracs someone told me the rank wise position of ca of pakistan is lies at number 2nd or 7th in all cas of world i just want to confirm it

- muji - 04-10-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by voice</i>
<br />AOA Pracs someone told me the rank wise position of ca of pakistan is lies at number 2nd or 7th in all cas of world i just want to confirm it

At number 2nd but, it is worth mentioning that CA of Pak is at number 2 among Chartered Accountancy qulaifications and not among Chartered Certified Accountants, and other like certifications.

- Azeem Shah Khan - 04-11-2006

I asked this question before...........didnt get any answer, I am asking again

Who prepares these rankings?......................i bet ICAP!

and

What is the criteria? Where did the last championship/world cup took place? How many countries participated in the competition? and above all who judged them?........................again i bet ICAP.

Hope I will get the answers this time, and ofcourse the venue for the next championship.

Regards

Azeem

- Pracs - 04-11-2006

<br />AOA Pracs someone told me the rank wise position of ca of pakistan is lies at number 2nd or 7th in all cas of world i just want to confirm it

There are no rankings per se,.. Unis are ranked, because they offer similar and/or compatible courses. You cannot just stand up and throw in rankings helter skelter,.. You must understand that even with Uni rankings there are a number of factors that are considered including market placement, research, endownments and so forth.

Well, there are no rankings as such,. but if you no of one let us know about it (the link and all) will be appreciated

- Pracs - 04-11-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Azeem Shah Khan</i>
<br />I asked this question before...........didnt get any answer, I am asking again

and

What is the criteria? Where did the last championship/world cup took place? How many countries participated in the competition? and above all who judged them?........................again i bet ICAP.

Hope I will get the answers this time, and ofcourse the venue for the next championship.

Regards

Azeem

Nope ASK, ICAP does not promote any such rankings as such, I as a member can testify to that. )

- Ali Akbar - 04-11-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Azeem Shah Khan</i>
<br />I asked this question before...........didnt get any answer, I am asking again

and

Regards

Azeem

ICAP should not be blamed in a way! These are the market forces and employers who leave image of qualification in the mind of people. Don't be frustrated dear senior member of the forum. Let them play)

ICAPians, the unparalleled..

- Muhammad Adnan Arshad - 04-11-2006

FIRSTLY, I've obtained some information & I personally assure all of you (99.99% sure) that Mr. Farhan Ali Agha is an unqualified chartered accountant. He was just/only a CA-Finalist & left that profession, perhaps after coming into the show-business/PTV.
Up-to-date information is that, the only qualified chartered accountant, who is currently/presently working & performing in the show-business/PTV is "Miss Sohab Mushtaq, ACA (Gold Medalist)", who qualified her C.A. within her articles from A.F. Ferguson & Co. Chartered Accountants, (Islamabad Office). She is designated as an anchor-person/host in Pakistan Television Network, Islamabad Centre.

No other person working in PTV/Show-business is a qualified chartered accountant. But there be some qualified or unqualifed CAs, CMAs, ACCAs etc in PTV (Current Affairs/Business Discussions Department, Finance/Accounts & Audit Department).

SECONDLY, in my point-of-view, making rankings of professional qualification(s) is a quite useless & an unfruitful approach.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Azeem Shah Khan</i>

and

Regards

Azeem

Nope ASK, ICAP does not promote any such rankings as such, I as a member can testify to that. )

Hi Pracs

I commented retrospectively, as ICAP is the only beneficiary of these rumours. I know ICAP cant do anything about it.

Regards

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ali Akbar</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Azeem Shah Khan</i>

and

Regards

Azeem

ICAP should not be blamed in a way! These are the market forces and employers who leave image of qualification in the mind of people. Don't be frustrated dear senior member of the forum. Let them play)

ICAPians, the unparalleled..

Hi Ali

As mentioned in previous post, that was a retrospective comment and not a STATEMENT OF FACT. I hope after reading thick shuklas and guptas enough space is left in our minds for a thing called sense of humour without demeaning the profession and any institute.

The other point i was trying to make is that people who happen to be the culprit of such rumours should not pass these with absolute authenticity.

My frustration??? where did this come in?

Regards

Azeem

- Pracs - 04-12-2006

) I was pulling your leg there Azeem,.. as you have already realise

n00

- Ali Akbar - 04-13-2006

[/quote]

Hi Ali

I hope after reading thick shuklas and guptas enough space is left in our minds for a thing called sense of humour without demeaning the profession and any institute.

The other point i was trying to make is that people who happen to be the culprit of such rumours should not pass these with absolute authenticity.

My frustration??? where did this come in?

Regards

Azeem

[/quote]

Sir I think there is a difference b/w sense of humour and degrading other's profession in their own country!

- voice - 04-13-2006

someone told me that MR SHOUKAT AZIZ is chartered accountant. is it so?