Accountancy Forum
Passed 5 CAT Papers in 1 Attempt without college - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Passed 5 CAT Papers in 1 Attempt without college (/showthread.php?tid=2952)

Passed 5 CAT Papers in 1 Attempt without college - Salmancert - 02-21-2006

Hi all,
How is everyone?. I am so happy that I've cleared 5 papers of CAT in my first attempt. moreover, I did this without admission in any institute. While I was checking my december examination result I was'nt be able to believe this but it is true. I am so happy because most of the people I've met and talked to told me that It is almost imposible to pass that many papers at once. I am so happy and wish all of you a good result.

- smurfyazhar - 02-21-2006

congratulations to u

Cheers

- Sohail_A - 02-21-2006

Congradulations

In This imaginative World Nothing is Impossible

- Mahtab - 02-22-2006

AOA

Congratulations to You

For the Befit of other forum members May you please inform us about

what were the papers?

from which Books you prepared?

What was your approach for preparation?

What was your approach for attempting the papers?

Thanking you in anticipation

Ragards

Mahtab

- Salmancert - 02-22-2006

AOA,
Thank you very much for such a heartly response. I am glad that you asked Mr.Mahtab. I have the following answers.

I have did ICS. after that I was considering BCS. then some1 told me the power and potential of CA. I thought it to be a respectable profession. so pick up the path of ACCA. I started studying in mid July 2005 with no prior experience of accounting. I mean I've never seen an accounting book before not even a single one.

<b>what were the papers?</b>
Being a begginer in the field of accounting. I had no prior experience for this type of studies so the papers were

T1-recording financial transactions
T2-information for management control
T3-maintaining financial record
T4-accounting for costs
T5-managing people and systems

<b>from which Books you prepared?</b>

at the time I started the course updated books were not available in the market. It was quite a difficult task to find some. So I decided tobuy the books which were published in 2004.
i studied the books of FTC for T1,T2,T3 & Books of BPP for paper T4 & T5.
I used these books because BPP books weren't available that were recommended by ACCA. I managed to get 2 books and 5 revision kit by BPP.

<b>What was your approach for preparation?</b>

Well! I really don't know how to answer this. I did this because I wanted to do this because people told me that it was difficult to do. In my city, people knew a little about this. and the people who about this told me that this is difficult and impossible to sit and clear 5 papers at a single exam session. i wanted to make the impossible happen. So I studied all the time in order to achieve my objective.
It takes a long studying hours,hardworking and the motivation witch comes from your friends,family & relatives.

Firstly I tackled T1, and then i found out so much similarity in T2 and T4 that I studied t4 first which happens to be a direct advantage for the preparation of T2. All the T2 was cleared by the preparation of T4 and I only got to study just the revision kit to get the grip of format. And T3 was difficult in the begginging but with knowledge from
T1 helped me a lot. At last T5, was a tough one coz it was in advanced level and require a lot of theoratical study rather than numerical work.

It was the Motivation by my Parents and sibblings that brought me through the exams.

<b>What was your approach for attempting the papers?</b>
In the exams, i started by tackling the easiest questions first. by easiest I mean the ones I thought i knew the answers easily. then increase the level gradually reaching to toughest. I tried to calculate as much of calculations my self as I could because in my opinion doing calculations in head sharpens the skills of calculating.
Mean to say, we could solve huge problems by just looking at them.

And most importantly always do as much practice as u could.

Thats all I have to say. Thank you once again for sparing your time to have a look a my post.

- accountant1 - 02-23-2006

Congratulations.. really impressive ,..... wish u good luck KEEP IT UP

*A careful study of economics usually reveals that the best time to buy anything is last year
*Opportunist- a person who starts taking bath if he accidentally falls into a river
*Atom Bomb is an invention to end all inventions
islamabad_@hotmail.co.uk

- Mahtab - 02-23-2006

AOA

Thank you very much for your prompt & detailed reply

I think this will be valueable & useful for other forum members

Pray for your future achievements in your life & career

Regards

Mahtab

- turithegreat - 03-01-2006

Congratulations to You Dear

<b>...........................................

«·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·»
«................ T U R I ................»
«·´`·.(¸.·*(¸.·´ `·.¸)*·.¸).·´`·»

...........................................</b>