Accountancy Forum
CA after MBA - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: CA after MBA (/showthread.php?tid=3037)

Pages: 1 2

CA after MBA - mazharikbal - 03-20-2006

<b>Hi Guys,</b>

Its nice to read such an informative forums for accountancy Professionals.

Friends, I recently finished my MBA, Now want to get into the CA.
Institute of chartered accountants of Pakistan (ICAP) offers Post-Graduate Students Training prog. In which i can enlist in a Firm. Its 4 Years Prog . And during this i can take the examinations of Foundation , Inter and Final exams ... Some papers of these will be exempted ..

Now on the information above.
I would like to invite comments of you people.

<b>Should an MBA go for CA ?? what will be the Pros and Cons??</b>
Any suggestion or comment will be welcomed ..Hope your comments will make me able to go for a reasonable decision.

Cheers

- fatima ca - 03-21-2006

hi Mazhar
Welcome to this profession (CA). u would find merits in this profession and no demerits. it will enhance ur knowledge, give u more confidence and polish ur skills and give credibility of ur qualification as well.
so its better to join this profession.

hmm

- mazharikbal - 03-21-2006

Hummm ...

Thanks Fatima, Its nice to read atleast one reply full of HOPE.

Well, what i knew till now is CA is a well recognized degree globally. And Pakistan has a high ranking in CA studies.

My concern was to know that is it sensible to Go for more Four years of studies after completing MBA. Ofcourse a 16years stuy.

Will it be worth of it?
And is there people who do the same as i m pertaining to do.. I mean they go for CA after MBA or any other Masters degree?
And will the articleship be easy to find and paid too?

Well, I will be very obliged if any Expert /Senior student comment and answer my above stated three Questions... and Especially FATIMA who took pain to respond me earlie.

Waiting for any kind replies.

Cheers!

Hi Mazhar
Welcome to this profession (CA). u would find merits in this profession and no demerits. it will enhance ur knowledge, give u more confidence and polish ur skills and give credibility of ur qualification as well.
so its better to join this profession.

hmm

- Sohail_A - 03-21-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mazharikbal</i>
<br />
My concern was to know that is it sensible to Go for more Four years of studies after completing MBA. Ofcourse a 16years stuy.

Will it be worth of it?
And is there people who do the same as i m pertaining to do.. I mean they go for CA after MBA or any other Masters degree?
And will the articleship be easy to find and paid too?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Dear Mazhar,
Well you are much familiar with the status of CA nationally and internationally so I am skipping it. Yes it is sensible to go to CA after MBA. One of my friends is going to ICMAP after MBA. Yes it will be worthy. You'll also find article ship but I must mention not big4 firms but other good firms probably.

My sincere guideline to you is join PIPFA sub body of ICAP and ICMAP www.pipfa.org.pk according to your MBA qualification you will be exempted whole PIPFA but two final papers. After completing these two papers you'll be exempted from A and B Modules of CA.

In This imaginative World Nothing is Impossible

- Mahtab - 03-21-2006

AOA

I am agree with the Suggestion of Sohail

Regards

Mahtab

- Shahbaz - 03-21-2006

AoA .. Dear Sohail_A,
Jo route aap usko bata rahay ho us route pe chal k to usnay burhaapay mein CA complete karna hai .. aray zara socho .. banday ne shaadi bhi karni hoti hai.. koi halka raasta batao usko.. meraa suggestion ye hai k Mazhar ko CFA karna chahiye...what do u think guys ? )Allah Hafiz tc

Angootha Chaap P

- accountant1 - 03-21-2006

yer PAHLAY SOUCHNA CHIYHA TAH CA KA LOL ,,,,,,, MBA KER LIYHA HAI ABBH ITNA HIE KAFI HAI LOLLLLLL

OR OTHER OPTION IS ACCA KER LOH LOL

*A careful study of economics usually reveals that the best time to buy anything is last year
*Opportunist- a person who starts taking bath if he accidentally falls into a river
*Atom Bomb is an invention to end all inventions
islamabad_@hotmail.co.uk

- ausmanpk2001 - 03-22-2006

You have done MBA.

1.Qualifying for CA is very difficult, especially in the case of last module. So there are great chances that you are not successful in completing CA.

2. Banday nay aur zindagi bhi guzarni hoti hai, if u r unsuccessful you will come to know that you have wasted 4 years(probably more) of your life. yeh na hoo kay saari zindagi CA hio katay raho. Meray aik teacher hain, first he did BSc, the LLB & then he plunged into CA. Now I think he is about 40 & he's still in last module.

I dont suggest you to do CA after MBA. Instead you should try CFA, it will give you very good opppportunites in he future.

Usman Arshad

- sportyspice - 03-23-2006

OH BHAI MERE AB MBA KARNE KE BAAD GHAR BETH KAR PADHNE KA SOCHNA BHI NAHI.....JO KARNA JOB KE SAATH KARNA KIYOON KE EXPERIENCE KE BEGHAIR KOI NAHI POOCHTA SPECIALLY JAB KE TUM MBA HO AUR KOI JOB NA KARO.....CA TUMHE KIYA LAGTA HAI KE BACHON KA KHEL HAI....KITNE LOG HAIN JO CA 4 SAAL MAI PAAS KARLETE HAIN?.....MODLUE A.B.C.D NORMALLY LOG SIRF STUDENT LIFE MAI GUZARTE HAIN AUR THEEK THAK TIME LAG JATA HAI....ARTICLESHIP KE SAATH TO AUR MUSHKIL HOGA
MY SINCERE ADVICE TO YOU IS BROTHER GO FOR SOMETHING THAT IS RELATED TO UR FIELD....I MEAN MBA FIANCE MAI KIYA HAI MO FIANCE HI PARHO AGE BHI...CFA KARO ITS TOUGH BUT IS DESIGNED FOR EXECUTIVES....CA KE BAAD MBA SAMAJH MAI ATA HAI LEKIN MBA KE BAAD CA?YANI KAMAZKAM 6 SAAL AUR AUR WOH BHI AGAR AAP MEHANTI HAIN NAHI TO BEECH MAI LATAK KE REHJAO GE...TAKE MY ADVICE FORGET CA AND PURSUE YOUR CAREER THAT U OPTED BEFORE i.e. FINANCE....AND MIND U CFA IS MORE REWARDING THAN CA THEREFORE TOUGH ASWELL

- AdeelMirza - 03-23-2006

AOA I m amased that how u came with the idea? Good thing is that i wz once planing for this but droped it. U've been thinking quite right to join the elite profession of CA, but after MBA........Hmmm may b u should keep the job(If u have a satisfactory 1)and then after may b two years or so u can again think about it, It'll atleast show that how much u r commited to do so.

Any way best of luck what ever u do.

Mirza

- mazharikbal - 03-24-2006

hummm... First of All thanks for your precious moments spent in replying my topic..

fatima ca, Sohail_A, Mahtab ,Shahbaz are in favor of doing CA after MBA.

And
Accountant1 ,ausmanpk2001,sportyspice, AdeelMirza yeh log khilaaf hein balkay muj ko danta b hai kay mein nay aissa sochnay ki Jur'at kyoun ki...
Well Bhai logu, I m MBA specialized in Marketing....
And you r right kay CA tough hai...
Aur mera koi Finance ka background b nae hai (except courses studied in MBA)
Aur mein pehlay hi 16 Years ki study ker chuka houn..
Aur yeh kay ZAroori nae yeh 4 saal mein hu jae..

Lekin yeh b tu hai kay agar hu gaya Insha ALLAH tu iss ki standing 5 Years baad mere Batch kay MBA's say shaid far far ahead hu gi... Yehi cheez thee jiss ki veja say mein nay yeh socha thaa..Lekin zahir hai it is not possible i stay at home and live another 4-5 years of Student life.. Muj ko earning hand b banna hai 4 my family...
Is it possible during studies??
kya kehtay hu aap log??

- Shahbaz - 03-26-2006

aray bewaqoof aadmi.. CA nahee karoo CFA( Chartered Financial Analyst) ki certification kar lo..
baaqi details yahan forum pe mil jayengii CFA ki ... CFA aur CA alag alag hein

Angootha Chaap P

- sportyspice - 03-27-2006

yaar yehi to keh raha hoon mai ke ab kamane ke saath CA karna dificult hoga.....no doubt it is a good field and i have seen an instance in which somebody did his MBA aur phir job ke saath CA nikala....aur to aur us ki shaadi bhi mba ke foran baad hogai thi...now just imagine kaise us ne manage kiya hoga lekin us ki determination thi kargiya.....agar tum itni mehnat karsakte to bolo....dekho log MBBS, CA, eng ya koi bhi degree ke baad MBA karte hain becuz its a good combination lekin MBA karne ke baad kisi aur fulltime profession ke liye jaana kafi mushkil hota hai kiyon ke its time consuming and MBA itself is a professional qualification.....agar tum ne MBA ke baad job shuru na ki to believe me regret karo ge.....experience bohat count karta hai aur utna hi important hai jitni ke qaulification....
CA karo to pura karo warna koi faida nahi....ise behatr option mai ne aap ko bataya tha ke aap CFA karlo kiyoon ke woh less time consuming hai.....agar tum job ke saath CA nikaal sakte ho to phir CFA bhi kar sakte ho....demanding hai lekin rewarding bhi hai.....paanch saal baad app CFA karne ke baad aur bhi achi position mai honge....MBA marketing CFA ke saath Acha combination hai....koi bhi investment bank tumhe hathon haath lele ga......log CFA karte hi job ke saath hain islye job bhi koi issue nahi...
tumhe agar aab bhi CA ka shoq hai to phir jao lekin bata doon assan nahi aur sab se barh kar time ka issue hai.....warna CA karke bhi tum 5 yrs ke baad achi position mai hoge.....lekin kiya 5 saal mai CA karlo ge?

- the_farhan - 04-02-2006

<font face="Verdana">
i dont think it is a good idea at all.

if u r mba(finance), then start job n do CIMA, ACCA, or CFA along with it. ur job experience shall count towards the required job experience. all the above three qualifiations will give u very good salary n good jobs in ur future.

if u go for CA, n let us assume tht u clear all exams within time, even then u will ve to take articles tht means no job n no salary for next four yrs.

but doing CIMA,ACCA,CFA dznot need articles. furthermore, after 4-5 yrs whn u will end up with charters of these qualifications, ur own job experience n MBA qualification will ve given u very good job n salary. or even if u donot do any further education but keep on job in good company, u can reach good positions n salary with in good time.

i peresonally know many such ppl in my company and in others as well who r not CA or ACMA etc. they r good MBAs n ve good grip on their areas. their salaries reached to extrtemely handsome amounts within 4-5 yrs.

time n trends ve changed n if u see the classified of DAWN on sunday, focus on good companies tht need finance professionals. in most of the cases since recently, they r calling for "CA/ACMA/ACCA/MBA(Finance) with 4-5 years experience..." at least i find this or similar rerquirements by many companies.

i m working with a leading oil company. my head of the dept is a qualified CA since 1983. he told us in our orientation tht whn he started off the job, he had to learn many non-financial areas of business as well. he said tht today, businesses want good professionals who r good in decision making n can add value no matter u r CA or ACCA or MBA.

believe me, most large companies ve implemented good ERPs, like SAP. whtever v learn in books with so difficulty, especiallly from accounting&finance areas, the SAP does all of it in just one second. all u need is to give right directions to it n ERPs generate reports!!!

initially i was a bit frusatrated tht SAP is doing all tht i was keen to do, but this is the fact of today. today, companies need good all-rounders.

this is why i really dont think u need CA n its articles. u need good company with good professional environment n good MIS systems. the experience u gain in such environment is more imp for u. u can do any qualification like ACMA,CIMA etc along side n keep inplementing it in ur real job.

now u can decide for urself.

</font id="Verdana">

- faizee - 01-02-2009

mazhar bhai jaan CA karny ka sochna bhi nahi MBA k baad...bhorray ho jao gay par CA nahi kar paogay ARTICLES k sath..mery aik relative hain he is global director of mortein in reckit and benkiscer and he suggested me that first do CA and then u can think of MBA but never think CA after MBA..even merea bhai MBA hai and now he is doing PIPFA and after that he want to do ACA from England..if you want to know about ACA u can e-mail me..aur if u want to do sumthing demanding then go for CPA or M.SC ACTURIAL SCIENCE..