Accountancy Forum
Which country's CA is best recognised? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Which country's CA is best recognised? (/showthread.php?tid=3059)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Zikria Yamin - 05-27-2006

Well
You have eradicated my confusions.
You mean to say that the recognition of a professional qualification in other countries depends upon the interpersonel relations between the professional bodies of those countries.

- derivativetrader - 05-27-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">

I meant to say if one has graduated from good university, chances of securing training contarct will be much higher espically when overseas students are concerned

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Yeah, I think your observation certainly make sense.

- Pracs - 05-27-2006

All of a sudden people have started to make sense on this thread, brilliant.

Hey DT how are you doing,..

- mroneflower - 05-27-2006

Prace

I am qualified like you.

Kind regards

Khalid Sipra

- Pracs - 05-27-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mroneflower</i>
<br />Prace

I am qualified like you.

Kind regards

Khalid Sipra

Glad to know that Khalid, welcome to the group !

- mroneflower - 05-28-2006

Hi

I just gave wrong information about CPA Ireland, CPA Ireland has 5,000 member and not 1,400.

Kind Regards

khalid Sipra

- irfan2003 - 05-29-2006

a son of my fater's friend had joind an institute of CA in UK after passing module D from here.Now i dont know which institute had joined,but it means one can start articles in UK in the way he had done.Do u have any idea.

- mroneflower - 05-29-2006

Hi

Irfan, ask your father friend. As I really dont know anything about. If he has joined ICAEW, he must be at least graduate from Pakistan and if he has joined he must be master from pakistan.

U can join institutes but main problem is securing training contract.

kind regards

FTC London Started Full time classes for ICAEW examinations, ur father's friend son might have started full time ICAEW class in FTC.

Please note that if you fail once in any paper as a full time student then it will be very unlikely u secure training contract in UK.

Secondary if some holds A-Level or Bachelors degree from Pakistan then this full time route will take 8 years to become ICAEW member provided that u pass all papers in first attempt.

As ICAEW has total of nine papers. 8 papesr can be taken out side the training contarct meams one does not need to in training contract (Articles) to take 8 papers. For Advanced case study last and 9th paper cant be taken unless u r in final year of your training contract.

According to FTC, London sechedule 8 papers which can be take outside the training contract will take three yrs to pass provided that u pass all papers in first attempt.

As an A-Level or graduate from pakistan u will need to take three yrs articles (as per ICAEW rule) and when u will be in your final year (5th yr) of training contarct then u can take last paper (Advansed Case study). Therefore this route will take 8 yrs to qualify provided taht u pass all papers first time and find training contarcts (articles0 in UK. As mentioend before its very very difficult to find training contarct(Articles) in UK.

Plus FTC is asking for £3,400 fee per yr. In light of all these, thsi route is not recommended. ICAEW is good institute but not that much good that someone gives 8 yrs of his life.

I will suggest u to do ACCA, After ACCA u will be alloweed to sign audit report in 80 countries of the world including All countries in EU, South Aferica, Australia, New Zealand. Secondly if one is ACCA qualified with five yrs experience then the person can apply for ICAEW membership straight away.

Kind Regards

Khalid sipra

As an A-Level or graduate from pakistan u will need to take five yrs articles (as per ICAEW rule)

I am sorry in my first post i mistakely wrote three yrs training

- capricorn_me - 05-31-2006

Dear mroneflower,

plz tell me what is the procedure for taking ICAEW membership after
ACCA+5years exp

- mroneflower - 05-31-2006

Hi

ICAEW CCAB route, has been introduced by ICAEW after failer of her merger with CIPFA, at present ICAEW is asking to much and as a result no member of instotutes which are CCAB members has applied or even enquired about this ICAEW route.

One has to adpot following procedure to apply for ICAEW membership via CCAB route

1) One need to have at least five yrs post membership experience. (Which is too much post five yrs eperience mean 8 yrs of total experience)

2) One has to write examinations of experience (this is not the difficult thing, As i have seen sample to examinations of experience. if u r ACCA qualified with total of 3 yrs experiece u can easy pass it, for this exams u dont need to go to exam hall, u can write the exam in ur owm place and take take as much time as u want, this exam is just like fiiling the application form for job which one will apply after have 3 to 4 yrs experience).

3) Ur application must be supported by two ICAEW current members.

I must say that accounatncy profession in EU is changing very rapidly and in next 15 to 20 yrs in EU they will have only one accounatncy institute.

Must wait another 2 to 3 yrs and see how much ICAEW will be relaxed towrads ACCA, as in UK ACCA is real threat for ICAEW.

I tell u that my real brother is ICAEW member he works in industry and never worried to apply for ICAP membership. If u are ACCA qualified with UK experience then in industry in Pakistan u salary will be the same as ICAEW member.

Kind Regards

Khalid Sipar

- capricorn_me - 05-31-2006

thanks so much

- anasnaeem - 08-03-2009

hey
i wanna noe i hav done my fsc.i m confused wot shud i do..icaew or ca(pakistani) or cat-acca-ca...plz help me out

regards

- kamranACA - 08-04-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mroneflower</i>
<br />Prace

I am qualified like you.

Kind regards

Khalid Sipra

This man claimed to be qualified accountant in 2006. I must say,

"Sharam tum ko magar nahi aati".....

Itna dheet aadmi mainay aaj tak nahi dekha. He is an example of his own.

Liar, cheapster, fradulent and so on.

I may mention he qualified ACCA in December 2008 as an affiliate. He was a poor struggling student in 2006.

Regards,

Kamran.