Accountancy Forum
Having difficulty in Business Communication - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Having difficulty in Business Communication (/showthread.php?tid=3067)

Having difficulty in Business Communication - zafar - 03-24-2006

Hi guys,

I am fresh in module-C and taking special classes these days from PAC.

I am facing difficulty to understand PBP of C-9 (Business communication & Behavioural Studies) due to difficult vocabulary and sentence structure.

Please suggest the best book of BCBS(C-9) for BC,BS AND DRAFTING PORTION for exam preparation. I would be grateful to you for it.

Further,I want to know the reasons of

>Large failure reasons in this subject,
>>How can it be overcome?
>>>What technique is better to prepare the drafting portion?
>>>>which portion is largely considered by examiner to pass a student either BC,BS OR ONLY DRAFTING?

Suggestions are required only from seniors.

Regards,
Zafar.

- Ali Akbar - 03-24-2006

Well as far as books are concerned, you should read following books

For BS, you should read Organization Behaviour by Fred Luthans, you will come to know that course of BS has been designed keeping in view the material in Luthans. What you will have to do is to read this book in accordance with the course outlines, in the end you will say that course outlines have been set keeping in view this book. After that once you build your concept from Luthans go to Study Text, because in Study Text almost all paragraphs are being copied in illogical way. But don't forget to leave any topic of Study Text untouched.

For BC, a book of Murphy is good. What you will have to do is to cover 7 Cs from Murphy as the Study Text is not good in it. IPS portion is good in Study Text. Another book of Bobby is also good, if you have time then also go for it. For report and letter writing, just pick past papers of ICAP and make it habit to write one report and one letter in a week, then go for examiners' comments and you will come to know what are your weaknesses and how to overcome it.

Reasons of failure are

Irrelevant answers
Lack of practice

How to overcome?

In every topic there are some key points which you will have to remember, make your habit that when you are studying just read the topic critically and think over it that how the examiner can ask the question from it?

As I said earlier that practice of past papers and some reports and letters from Study Text will make you perfect.

Best of luck and work hard

ICAPians, the unparalleled..

- zafar - 03-24-2006

Thanks a lot,
ALI AKBAR SAHAB

- Muhammad Adnan Arshad - 03-24-2006

PBP is the best book for your BCBS paper (only if you want to consult a single book for the whole BCBS course). PBP-BCBS covers 90-100 % ICAP syllabus. OK

«·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·»
«.......... A D N A N ...............»
«·´`·.(¸.·*(¸.·´ `·.¸)*·.¸).·´`·»
madnan_arshad@hotmail.com

- fatima ca - 03-24-2006

hi zafar
i will recommend u same books as recommended by Ali Akbar.
and one more thing that when u study any topic then think over it practically. and try to find examples from ur sorrounding. and think as manager as employee and as a decision makerand etc in the given situations.
Icap may not ask u the text as it is but the application of the concepts. so u should b ready beforehand.

hmm