Accountancy Forum
HOW TO BECOME ITP - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: HOW TO BECOME ITP (/showthread.php?tid=3084)

HOW TO BECOME ITP - massoodakhter - 03-28-2006

Hello

can anybody tell me what is the procedure to become ITP.

M.Ar.

- virtualguy - 03-30-2006

AOA
i want to know the same thing
any one plz

faisalirfan

- Mahtab - 03-30-2006

AOA

Please follow the link below

www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1229&SearchTerms=ITP

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">ITP - refers to Income Tax Practitioner... following people can register themselves as ITP

A Practicing lawyer (having articled n number of years with an Income tax lawyer){LLB}

A part qualified cost accountant / Qualified ACMA {ICMAP}

A part qualified chartered accountant / Qualified CA {ICAP}

A Qualified Public accountant (APA).{PIPFA}

In Pakistan most of the big corporate tax accounts are held by firms of Chartered Accountants, a lot of other Tax accounts are handled by other ITPs...

A lot more depends on what your future aspirations are; to be an ITP,.. a broader accounting - tax career ?? ofcourse how much time and money you can invest in realising your career ?? posted by Pracs<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

LLB www.ku.edu.pk

LLB www.fuuast.edu.pk/english

ICAP www.icap.org.pk

ICMAP www.icmap.com.pk

PIPFA www.pipfa.org.pk

Regards

Mahtab

- Mahtab - 03-30-2006

AOA
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">If you are an income tax practitioner and are registered with CBR, OR If you are a member of ICAP or ICMAP, you just need to fill Bar Association's membership form. You will also have to pay the membership admission fee. Karachi Income Tax bar Association's office is at ground floor of the main income tax building posted by ahs<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Regards

Mahtab

- massoodakhter - 04-05-2006

THIS ANSWER IS NOT SATISFACTORY, PLEASE ADVISE ME SOMEBODY

- Pracs - 04-09-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by massoodakhter</i>
<br />THIS ANSWER IS NOT SATISFACTORY, PLEASE ADVISE ME SOMEBODY

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Masood what is there not to understand?? taken that you plan for a professional qualification, it is expected of you to be able to extract and understand relevant information of your interest. If Despite that you have things not cleared, please let us know of the specific and I am sure we will be able to add on

- massoodakhter - 04-12-2006

thaks for your concern dear brother

my exact question is that after studying the relevent section [223(11)]in ITO2001 read with rule 87(1) of itr2002.

weather a person who is qualified in my case (b.com) should apply first to RCIT before joining to any qualified person[86(1)(b)] for internship of one year or after having qualifiying one year as mentioned in [86(1)(b)] and then apply under rule 87(1)????????

- smurfyazhar - 04-13-2006

what does ITP stands for????

- hanifasif - 04-13-2006

Income Tax Practitioner