Accountancy Forum
Should My Friend do MBA? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Should My Friend do MBA? (/showthread.php?tid=3141)

Pages: 1 2

Should My Friend do MBA? - zafar - 04-09-2006

Hi brothers and sisters,

One of my friends is in dilemma these days since he can't decide about his future career. He is already an MCS, But due to very low scope in Pakistan of IT profession, he is thinking of doing MBA.

He is asking for a sincere advice about in which field should he do MBA i.e Finance,Banking,Marketing,Accounting or any other which one is more rewarding in Pakistan.

Further,Which is best institution for MBA AFTER IBA AND LUMS.
Please post your opinion as soon as possible.

Regards, zafar

- smurfyazhar - 04-10-2006

i think finance is the best option and he should join CBM as it comes after lums and IBA.

- zafar - 04-10-2006

CBM stands for? and
where (Lhr/Isl/karachi)?

- Mahtab - 04-10-2006

AOA

CBM stands for College of Bussiness Management and Please visit

www.cbm.edu.pk/cbm.html for more inforamtion

Regards

Mahtab

- Mubashir - 04-11-2006

How about this field for your friend.
Master of Business Administration – Management Information Systems MBA-MIS.

- Farooqacma - 04-20-2006

Hey buddy \
My earnest advice to your friend will be to get admission in MBA HR. U may not understand it at the moment but believe me future is for the HR Managers not only in Pakistan but in the whole world as wel. I am giving u this piece of advice coz i m a Financial & Management Consultant here in Lahore and have seen these buddies to go on top in very few period of time and they in short of supply at the moment.
University could be Quaid-i-Azam, Pak Aims, PCBA, Islamic International University, these are few good options after LUMS and IBA Karahi.
Regards.

Farooq

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by zafar</i>
<br />Hi brothers and sisters,

One of my friends is in dilemma these days due to
not finalize a decision about future career,that is

He is already an MCS, But due to very low scope in
Pakistan of IT profession He is thinking about to
do MBA from Pakistan.

He is required a sincere advice about that in which
field he should do MBA i.e Finance,Banking,Marketing,
Accounting or any other which one is more rewarding in Pakistan.

Further,Which is best institution for MBA AFTER IBA AND
LUMS.
Please post your opinion as soon as possible.

Regards, zafar
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

- Muhammad Adnan Arshad - 04-20-2006

IBA, Punjab University, Lahore www.pu.edu.pk
Karachi University, Karachi www.ku.edu.pk
College of Business Management, Karachi www.cbm.edu.pk
Institute f Bankers Pakistan, Karachi/Lahore www.ibp.org.pk
Pakistan Institute of Management, Karachi/Lahore www.pim.com.pk

- sportyspice - 04-20-2006

my friend if you want to do mba after mcs than mba finance is the ideal combination, as all the firms are computerized these days and knowing computers along with finance helps u a lot as most of the analysis is done on computers (excel etc).
having a mcs is enough and u need not go for mba mis .if u feel that u need to study some management issues in mis then u can always do one or two electives in mis along with your finance electives.keep your major focus on finance.
as for hrm yes it is a good field. but remember that vacancies in hr dept are acute as hr , though is an integral part of any organization but at the same time is relativley small in comparison with other depts. in future it might gain popularity but for now it is ok. to tell you frankly yaar go for something that is challenging i.e finance. hr believe me is something that u will learn over time. after mba any body can manage a hr dept and to justify my point i would like to bring into the notice that no uni in pakistan is offfering full fledge majors in hr except for CBM.
CBM is a good option and reputation wise comes after iba and lums. it offers major in hr aswell. btw it has the best campus in karachi.

- Muhammad Adnan Arshad - 04-26-2006

Masters in Business Administration (Marketing Reputed Business schools/Universities like IBA, CBM, LUMS, PU etc) is mostly preferred in the financial institutions (commercial & non-commercial banking companies, other private companies, NBFIs/NBFCs, insurance companies etc)

- Pracs - 04-26-2006

Who are CBM ?? its the first time I am hearing about, checked the website but didn't get to know who are behind the institution.. can some one shed some light on this .... some one from Karachi perhaps??

- sportyspice - 04-27-2006

CBM is a privately owned institution with a backing of industialists and beauracrats running the show. the president himself is the former chief secretary of Sindh. anyways CBM has gained reputation rapidly and is the only institute that competes with IBA graduates in Karachi. it has the best campus around with state of the art facilites (something that IBA sertiously lack). CBM is quite popular amongst business students how come u dont know about pracs. some of my friends even have come from Lahore to study in CBM.

- Pracs - 04-27-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sportyspice</i>
<br />CBM is a privately owned institution with a backing of industialists and beauracrats running the show. the president himself is the former chief secretary of Sindh. anyways CBM has gained reputation rapidly and is the only institute that competes with IBA graduates in Karachi. it has the best campus around with state of the art facilites (something that IBA sertiously lack). CBM is quite popular amongst business students how come u dont know about pracs. some of my friends even have come from Lahore to study in CBM.

Thank you for the info,.. I guess it is Karachi's answer to LUMS then,.. which is btw also backed up by top notch industralists.. primarily Syed Babar Ali of Nestle/packages. I did manage to look into the website and guess Tabbanis are the main stay behind it.

Well, appologise on my ignorance,. I have been out of Pakistan for some five years now, other than the yearly vacation.. so my knowledge on institutions is a bit rusty and am from Lahore..so.. you may understand

- smurfyazhar - 04-30-2006

CBM comes after IBA and Lums. i think u should join it.

- Pracs - 04-30-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Shahbaz</i>
<br />Alright! if u dont know about it then shut the f up D

Shahbaz I don't know who this is out for,. may be next time you need to address it to some one,.. in the mean while I think it is highly appropriate to exhibit this kind of a behaviour on a professional forum or for that matter on any professional forum. I am reporting you to the Forum Admin

- hanifasif - 05-01-2006

Shabaz, only if you could know whom you are addressing with such bad words you would have thought a hundred times. Pracs is one the respected members on these forums and is a guide to most of us (including myself) and I appreciate if you keep your ribaldry only to your private room.

One sincere advice you can’t succeed in life if you treat your seniors with disrespect.