Accountancy Forum
Exam passing tips - Please Contribute - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Exam passing tips - Please Contribute (/showthread.php?tid=3215)

Exam passing tips - Please Contribute - Imran - 05-02-2006

The toughest qestion in ca studies is how to be successful in exams? Atleast five tips form all guys are needed.

- Abdur.Rehman - 05-05-2006

well Mr. Imran here r ur five tips

1)dont prepare chapters of books, prepare topics.
2)dont set study text as ur benchmark. it is a book indicative of ur ccourse.
3)always plan the paper properly topic wise, that which topic u have to do first.
4)do value added studies i.e not just to go through exams but to acquire knowledge.
5)be confident

- Imran - 05-05-2006

Thats good. But one of coure issue you missed is time management during exam

- Ali Akbar - 05-05-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Imran</i>
<br />Thats good. But one of coure issue you missed is time management during exam
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Here are the techniques which may be helpful during three hours.

1. Don't waste the time initially by reading all the questions in detail. Just go through all questions and READ THE REQUIREMENT TO THE QUESTIONS.

2. Start with the easiest question as it will boost your morale.

3. Don't waste your time by giving extra and irrelevant answers.

4. Read the requirement to the question carefully like if examiner require you to illustrate your answer, then you must have to illustrate as the marks of illustration are built in the marks allocated to the part. If the examiner require you to comment on statement, then you will have to tell him briefly about the background of the statement and tell him about the pros and cons of the statement and in the end give your conclusion based upon the aforesaid discussion

5. Last but not the least, simply apply 7cs while attempting any paper.

ICAPians, the unparalleled..

- Imran - 05-06-2006

Thanks brother for your nice cooperation. Will you please tell me that can i join KPMG with one and half years articles from small firm and having permanent credit in one paper of module C.?

- Qadirhussain786 - 06-17-2006

Kindly anybody also share that which book are best for study without joining the REAT and how much time should we spend for it. I mean what sould be time management for study.

Thank

- Business_Maker - 06-18-2006

AliAkbar can u pls tell me what is 7Cs?

- Shahbaz - 06-18-2006

lol.. read the book of Business communication my dear BUSINESS MAKER.. lolllllllllllllll

- Fawad Asif - 06-19-2006

1. Know your syllabus and topics (buy yellow syllabus book)
2. Prepare for the topics from best books.
3. Always prepare for the full course. Donot go for the selective study.
4. Go through last five years past exams papers.
5. Always be consistent and never loose your temper.
6. Always attempt full question paper whether sure or not (my personal experience).
7. Try to be differentiated and be practicale in you approach.
8. Answer the question in three steps.
a) Ananlysis of question.
b) Full fill the requirement.
c) Give real life example where possible.
9. Plan a timetable for timely completion of course and then for revision and be strict to it.
10. Keep gaming for weekends and no tension.

- Schuaeb - 06-20-2006

Nice approach from members here.

Comin to Qadri's point, different books are suggested for different papers. And again study time is different for different students.
Most important is being consistent while ur studies. An hour a day is better than studin 10 hrs and then three days rest.

One more thing as many of u hav already mentioned Do not take tension, no panic at all (never means get fully relaxed like me)
Study for whole of the session but most important is last month. Time management ofcourse the key of all.

So things are gonna be like this
- Consistency
- Time management
- Dont panic while studies and attemting the xam.
- Planning Never start craming from first page, take out syllabai outlines and then prepare topic wise

At the end attemptin the paper is most crucial of all, how u perform in those three hours are gonna decide ur fate
- Last month is most crucial

- Qadirhussain786 - 06-20-2006

Thanks to all,

- Muhammad Adnan Arshad - 06-21-2006

(MY REPLY IS SAME AS THAT OF ALI AKBAR)
Here are the techniques which may be helpful during three hours.

1. Don't waste the time initially by reading all the questions in detail. Just go through all questions and READ THE REQUIREMENT TO THE QUESTIONS.

2. Start with the easiest question as it will boost your morale.

3. Don't waste your time by giving extra and irrelevant answers.

4. Read the requirement to the question carefully like if examiner require you to illustrate your answer, then you must have to illustrate as the marks of illustration are built in the marks allocated to the part. If the examiner require you to comment on statement, then you will have to tell him briefly about the background of the statement and tell him about the pros and cons of the statement and in the end give your conclusion based upon the aforesaid discussion

5. Last but not the least, simply apply 7cs while attempting any paper.