Accountancy Forum
Job Prospects - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Job Prospects (/showthread.php?tid=3216)

Job Prospects - cpa_guy - 05-03-2006

I want to come back home to Pakistan and was wondering how the job market is for auditors (specifically IT Auditors). I have a some experience in PwC US doing IT Audits and SOX compliance.

Also, is it really beneficial to do CPA or CISA certifications? Would they count towards CA.

Thnks in advance.

- Pracs - 05-03-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by cpa_guy</i>
<br />I want to come back home to Pakistan and was wondering how the job market is for auditors (specifically IT Auditors). I have a some experience in PwC US doing IT Audits and SOX compliance.

Also, is it really beneficial to do CPA or CISA certifications? Would they count towards CA.

Thnks in advance.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

CPA would count towards Pakistani CA.. But you can pretty much get along with just CPA as long as you have relevant experience in the IT audit, accounting or stat audit. IT audit is a relatively new area in Pakistan and there are'nt many jobs as such. Ferguson Associates (A F Ferguson & Co.) - member PwC in Pakistan have a fledging IT/ERP Consulatancy.

Sox is pretty much a requirement for SEC registrants only in Pakistan (which are'nt many) so I see little scope there. Perhaps some one resident in Pakistan can shed more light on this. Plus telling us further details on your present role at PwC would get you a more objective analysis

- cpa_guy - 05-03-2006

thx for the quick response Pracs. Currently I am part of the SPA group (previously known as GRMS) - and i review ITGCs and business process controls. How are the oppourtunities to move from an IT audit perspective to a more traditional accounting role or even doing a MBA and getting into a different field alltogethar?

- Pracs - 05-04-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by cpa_guy</i>
<br />thx for the quick response Pracs. Currently I am part of the SPA group (previously known as GRMS) - and i review ITGCs and business process controls. How are the oppourtunities to move from an IT audit perspective to a more traditional accounting role or even doing a MBA and getting into a different field alltogethar?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

GRMS is a growing discipline at AFF- Lahore (I am not aware of the situation in Karachi). Well, if you are thinking of changing disciplines that's a different thing all together. There are ofcourse opportunitie out in the market, with the growth in corporate sector. Ofcourse a lot depends on what your expectations are.