Accountancy Forum
Is the articleship salary same in UAE - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Is the articleship salary same in UAE (/showthread.php?tid=3223)

Is the articleship salary same in UAE - ausmanpk2001 - 05-06-2006

Hi. my question is from members who have lived or worked in the UAE. Is the articleship salary same in UAE for ACCA students/affiliates like its in Pak i.e. 4000??

- Shahbaz - 05-07-2006

No its Rs. 2000 less Rs. 4000 P

- Pracs - 05-07-2006

No, ausman

ACCA students and affilaites are paid a whole lot more in Dubai,. but the bottle neck there is to have your own residence visa ! most of the acounting firms (including the Big4) hire trainees who have a residence there. Most ACCA students or affiliates I came across were graudates from UAE based Unis (which arranged a two year visa for them to work). Others were US/UK Uni graduates on their parents visas. Firms would usually offer you a visa after doing a 2 + year contract witht them.

- 786 - 05-07-2006

aoa
pracs u saying that articleship is offered to the people who already have their residency.
but what would be the situation if
a person has completed his qualification and also has relevant experience from pakistan and he wants to do a job in dubai.
does he still needs to have residency beforehand.

- Pracs - 05-07-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by 786</i>
<br />aoa
pracs u saying that articleship is offered to the people who already have their residency.
but what would be the situation if
a person has completed his qualification and also has relevant experience from pakistan and he wants to do a job in dubai.
does he still needs to have residency beforehand.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Well, in that case ofcourse you would be a qualified person and will be offered an 'employment visa' by your employer. Its a matter of finding a job in UAE then, simple as that.

Let me also clear that I was talking about accounting firms here. There are jobs out there in the industry where part qualified accountants are also offered jobs,. (usually having done 3-4 years of work experience)but these are less lucrative ofcourse

- 786 - 05-07-2006

thanks a lot

ur reply does solve my query

- ausmanpk2001 - 05-07-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>
<br />No, ausman

ACCA students and affilaites are paid a whole lot more in Dubai,. but the bottle neck there is to have your own residence visa ! most of the acounting firms (including the Big4) hire trainees who have a residence there. Most ACCA students or affiliates I came across were graudates from UAE based Unis (which arranged a two year visa for them to work). Others were US/UK Uni graduates on their parents visas. Firms would usually offer you a visa after doing a 2 + year contract witht them.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
does this means If some one goes to study ACCA at some UAE college, they will arrange two year visa??
and what is the recognition of oxford brookes bsc accounting degree by acca in the uae? do they accept it as a full fledge bsc degree??