Accountancy Forum
reference books for FA 2 - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: reference books for FA 2 (/showthread.php?tid=3282)

reference books for FA 2 - insaan - 05-21-2006

Asalam o alaikum
plz tell me gud reference books for following topics of financial acounting MOdule C
PArtership --- conversion & amalgamation
construction contract ---anybook other than javed zuberi's
and plz somebody tell me from where i can get practice questions on IAS's, any reference books in this regards or any URL link plz
Allah HAfiz

- Ali Akbar - 05-21-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by insaan</i>
<br />Asalam o alaikum
plz tell me gud reference books for following topics of financial acounting MOdule C
PArtership --- conversion & amalgamation
construction contract ---anybook other than javed zuberi's
and plz somebody tell me from where i can get practice questions on IAS's, any reference books in this regards or any URL link plz
Allah HAfiz
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Hi

For partnership (conversion and amalgamation) Study Text of PBP is good, moreover Shukla's Advanced Accounting is also a good book to purify the concepts.

For Construction Contracts, if you have understood the underlying concepts of IAS 11 then you can easily go through past papers and Zubairi's questions especially those of Final level examinations of ICAP. But the main thing is that you should be clear in understanding the concepts of IAS 11.

For other standards, I will again say that consider the book of IASB published by ICAP as a bible. Many auhtors write books on IASs omitting paras of standards considering them unimportant. Remember nothing is unimportant if it is included in IASs by the standards setters. Once your concepts are cristilized, you can handle any question of whatever level relating to the concerned topic.

ICAPians, the unparalleled..

- insaan - 05-22-2006

thx ali bhai
but regarding IAS i hav a bit reservation that our syllabus at Module C level doesnt include the whole IAS's , like our syllabus reads as under , Accounting treatment of research and development costs including thier recognition , amortization and impairment of development costs , there isnt any word IAS 38 and other aspects of IAS
i wud also qoute my teacher naveed bukahri here " beta IAS k baray specific portions ap k syllabus main included hain" so would it be right to read whole of IAS 's
or mujhay yeh bhee batain k ap ka gold medal kaisay aya ... i also wanna get a gold medal in CA
kion theek hai naan .. i feel that i should try for a medal so that i atleast end with a pass [)]

- Ali Akbar - 05-23-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by insaan</i>
<br />thx ali bhai
but regarding IAS i hav a bit reservation that our syllabus at Module C level doesnt include the whole IAS's , like our syllabus reads as under , Accounting treatment of research and development costs including thier recognition , amortization and impairment of development costs , there isnt any word IAS 38 and other aspects of IAS
i wud also qoute my teacher naveed bukahri here " beta IAS k baray specific portions ap k syllabus main included hain" so would it be right to read whole of IAS 's
or mujhay yeh bhee batain k ap ka gold medal kaisay aya ... i also wanna get a gold medal in CA
kion theek hai naan .. i feel that i should try for a medal so that i atleast end with a pass [)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

You have quoted an example of IAS 38, which is the only standard with limited portion in our course at module C level. All other IASs in module C are fully included in our course and can be fully tested. And if you stick yourself only to course outline then don't dream for gold medals. Now you tell me that as IAS 36 is not in our course then why the examiner tested question related to impairment in Autumn 2005 attempt?! So you will have to prepare all the relevant areas of included IAS, e.g impairment (IAS 36; not included in module C's course) is related to IAS 16 and IAS 38.

And as far as the gold medal is concerned I think there is no rocket science to secure a gold medal, only you will have to work hard and be consistent and make least excuses for studies like if you say that IAS 38 as a whole is not in our course so will not study. Don't do like this. Examiners' expectations are high from the prospective members of ICAP.

Explore the standards, as I did and doing, you will enjoy)

Best of luck

ICAPians, the unparalleled

- Qadirhussain786 - 05-26-2006

Salam to all,
Will any body tell me the best practice book about Quantitive Mathod for CA Module A, with solved quetions besides the pbp book.