Accountancy Forum
Top Four Firms - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Top Four Firms (/showthread.php?tid=3301)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Top Four Firms - madeeha - 05-26-2006

Which firms are in the top four?

- maani - 05-27-2006

A.F.F
KMPG(THK)
Ford Rhodes
MYASCO.

- Pracs - 05-27-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by maani</i>
<br />A.F.F
KMPG(THK)
Ford Rhodes
MYASCO.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Should it not be

AFF
FRSH
THK
MYASCO
I means as per recent discussions on another thread here.

- Ali Akbar - 05-28-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by maani</i>
<br />A.F.F
KMPG(THK)
Ford Rhodes
MYASCO.

Should it not be

AFF
FRSH
THK
MYASCO

I cant understand on what basis are you placing FRSH on number 2 in Pakistan? As I said in another thread also that vague info doesnt work here! If you don't know the current conditions in Pakistan then please dont use the outdated or international ranking for PAkistan.!

If you are ranking the firms on the basis of clients then for sure KPMG is on number one now and AFF at 2!!

And for your kind information its not THK its KPMG Taseer Hadi (KTH)

ICAPians, the unparalleled..

- hanifasif - 05-28-2006

Ali, you could have said it in better way. I don’t remember that I have ever been impolite to my seniors even though I was snubbed outright and was simply dismissed because I was too young to propound an opinion.

I always wonder why the younger generation is always one step a head. Generation next always want to prove they are better even for that they may have to be loud mouthed. Perhaps, gradual decadence…………

- Ali Akbar - 05-28-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by hanifasif</i>
<br />Ali, you could have said it in better way. I don’t remember that I have ever been impolite to my seniors even though I was snubbed outright and was simply dismissed because I was too young to propound an opinion.

I always wonder why the younger generation is always one step a head. Generation next always want to prove they are better even for that they may have to be loud mouthed. Perhaps, gradual decadence…………

It was not the first time I disagreed with the same info given by the senior. If a senior doesn't listen to juniors and he thinks that what he knows is true and he can't think in a wrong way, then as I said earlier that the world has been changed now. People are not respected for their seniority, people are respected for the knowledge they possess no matter how junior/senior he is.

I am not condemning Pracs, he is offcourse my senior and I respect him. What I am trying to say that if one doesnt agree with his senior due to some reasons then the junior should not be slaped just because he is junior and he can't speak in front of senior!

- madeeha - 05-28-2006

mein ne question pocha tha yah to NET FIGHT ho gaye[)]

- insaan - 05-28-2006

hmmm..
a few days back , perhaps a week ago i met my senior friend who is currtly in AFF
he said that if u wann ago 4 the brand name then AFF is the best
and
if u really wanna hav practical exposure then KPMG is better
its not about the ranking
itz about 1n's preference
every option has pros n cons
AFF would provide ample time to study as trainees are found free many times comparatively
and in KPMG work load is more so more practice n expreience
this is all what he said
i have yet 2 enter a firm

- Pracs - 05-28-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ali Akbar</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by maani</i>
<br />A.F.F
KMPG(THK)
Ford Rhodes
MYASCO.

Should it not be

AFF
FRSH
THK
MYASCO

I cant understand on what basis are you placing FRSH on number 2 in Pakistan? As I said in another thread also that vague info doesnt work here! If you don't know the current conditions in Pakistan then please dont use the outdated or international ranking for PAkistan.!

If you are ranking the firms on the basis of clients then for sure KPMG is on number one now and AFF at 2!!

Ali,..

It seems you are going to be a partner at THK....!! well good luck in your quest. So is your ranking based on actual revenue figures!!! can you let us have some figures in that case.

I may not be in Pakistan for some years but this forum is not the only source of information I have about Pakistan. I have no axe to grind (like your self,, I am sure you are a THK trainee) since I am not employed by any of these firms in Pakistan.

I think you have read my reasons for placing FRSH at no.2 on this other thread,.. is that why your paranoia hit the ceiling because you cannot take logic in its stride. Hang in there buddy and take it easy. Before you shout at the top of your lungs,, bring back some figures here... say the number of trainees THK has,. perhaps that is some thing we can bench mark.. fair enough !!

Bring is some facts and convince me, other wise I don't see why we should consider as KPMG at no.1

- Pracs - 05-28-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by hanifasif</i>
<br />Ali, you could have said it in better way. I don’t remember that I have ever been impolite to my seniors even though I was snubbed outright and was simply dismissed because I was too young to propound an opinion.

Hanif, doesn't matter much,. not to me atleast. I believe that facts speak for themselves and no matter how much you shout or post on truth remains the same. Opinions may change but only if one is open minded and accomodating. Most posters here are students not in their practical life and have yet to face the world and take it by the horns,.. they will learn on their way.

I hope I haven't 'snubbed' you here, though

- hanifasif - 05-28-2006

Lolz.
No Sir, you haven't.

- smurfyazhar - 05-28-2006

although i do not know which firm is no. 1 or no. 2 but i know one thing that KPMG has good clients in financial sector and FRSH has an edge in manufacturing arena.

- smurfyazhar - 05-28-2006

and also in anyone wants to know key facts and figures of the big four (internationally) check out the following website

http//www.hoovers.com

- Ali Akbar - 05-28-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ali Akbar</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>
<br />A.F.F
KMPG(THK)
Ford Rhodes
MYASCO.

Should it not be

AFF
FRSH
THK
MYASCO

Ali,..

It seems you are going to be a partner at THK....!! well good luck in your quest. So is your ranking based on actual revenue figures!!! can you let us have some figures in that case.

I may not be in Pakistan for some years but this forum is not the only source of information I have about Pakistan. I have no axe to grind (like your self,, I am sure you are a THK trainee) since I am not employed by any of these firms in Pakistan.

I think you have read my reasons for placing FRSH at no.2 on this other thread,.. is that why your paranoia hit the ceiling because you cannot take logic in its stride. Hang in there buddy and take it easy. Before you shout at the top of your lungs,, bring back some figures here... say the number of trainees THK has,. perhaps that is some thing we can bench mark.. fair enough !!

Bring is some facts and convince me, other wise I don't see why we should consider as KPMG at no.1

Again the same reply as expected! Again the outdated information! Again the misleading information, ofcourse its a public forum atleast the information should not be vague! I am not here to convince atleast you, as I dont see any reason for it!

Again slaping juniors for speaking infront of seniors! Again denying the facts! Again THK instead of KTH!

I am not here to convince you by posting 4-5 replies daily as I am not fond of reaching to 1,000 posts. There are many other important things to do in life.

Best of luck, aur thoda ghussa kam kia karain, aur auroon ki b suna karian aur especially try to face the facts doesnt matter that they may not be in agreement with ur thoughts...but facts r facts kia karain! And plz dont consider who is saying, rather consider wt he/she is saying.

- Pracs - 05-29-2006

Ali

I see to save time you have now begin to copy paste your own post,, run out of ideas have you ?

If you had actually read the other thread carefully, you would have found that I was the one to actually point out and question if KPMG would be at 2.. but was refuted by one your peers 'Abdur Rehman', who I assume would be articled at FRSH

http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?topic_id=3794

Its just being like a bunch of kids,, with 'meri firm no.1 hae'

Well, cant blame you then can I ? but I am sure both you and Abdur Rehman would have got thinking,, about which firm is at no.2 or no.1 as Ali would like to believe. Whatever gets you through guys..