Accountancy Forum
Top Four Firms - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Top Four Firms (/showthread.php?tid=3301)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Abdur.Rehman - 05-29-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>
<br />Ali

I see to save time you have now begin to copy paste your own post,, run out of ideas have you ?

If you had actually read the other thread carefully, you would have found that I was the one to actually point out and question if KPMG would be at 2.. but was refuted by one your peers 'Abdur Rehman', who I assume would be articled at FRSH

http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?topic_id=3794

Its just being like a bunch of kids,, with 'meri firm no.1 hae'

Well, cant blame you then can I ? but I am sure both you and Abdur Rehman would have got thinking,, about which firm is at no.2 or no.1 as Ali would like to believe. Whatever gets you through guys..
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Well im not in FRSH. and i was not expecting anyone to place FRSH at no. second and presumed as if it were KPMG. it was just a mistake.

- Abdur.Rehman - 05-29-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>
<br />Ali

I see to save time you have now begin to copy paste your own post,, run out of ideas have you ?

If you had actually read the other thread carefully, you would have found that I was the one to actually point out and question if KPMG would be at 2.. but was refuted by one your peers 'Abdur Rehman', who I assume would be articled at FRSH

Its just being like a bunch of kids,, with 'meri firm no.1 hae'

Well, cant blame you then can I ? but I am sure both you and Abdur Rehman would have got thinking,, about which firm is at no.2 or no.1 as Ali would like to believe. Whatever gets you through guys..

Sir, no copy pasting and here is the link for facts

- Muhammad Adnan Arshad - 05-29-2006

Dear ALI! Why do you start fighting with the other respectable or senior member(s) of this forum for nothing? Please, relax & post your thread in an easy & un-emotional way. I hope that you'll improve your fighting attitude. You have already been recognized as the most quarelling member of this forum. Don't behave such like that dear!
Previously, you tried to fight with me on this forum, then with 'turithegreat' & so on & so forth........ & now with the most senior member of this forum; 'Pracs'. If I acknowledge that I was at the wrong end then can you tell me now that they are also at fault?

Anyways, I came to the main point/topic. As far as LAHORE OFFICE(S) is concerned, top firms are;

1-PwC A.F. Ferguson & Co. Chartered Accountants.
2-KPMG Taseer Hadi & Co. Chartered Accountants.
3-E&Y Ford Rhodes Sidat Hyder & Co. Chartered Accountants.
4-Deloitte M/S Yousaf Adil Saleem & Co. Chartered Accountants / Thompson Anjum, Asim, Shahid, Rehman & Co. Chartered Accountants.
5-Riaz Ahmed & Co. Chartered Accountants.
6-Hameed Chaudhari & Co. Chartered Accountants.
7-BDO Ebrahim & Co. Chartered Accountants.

- Pracs - 05-29-2006

Adnan,

I am surprised to see that KPMG has outgrown the combined Ford Rhodes and Sidat Hyder in Lahore... is that how the staff strength is as well, I mean does KPMG in Lahore have more people in compared to FRSH in Lahore ?

I hope some day we have hard core revenue figures in Pakistan to make our lives easier.

Thanks for your contri Adnan

- Ali Akbar - 05-29-2006

<br />Adnan,

I am surprised to see that KPMG has outgrown the combined Ford Rhodes and Sidat Hyder in Lahore... is that how the staff strength is as well, I mean does KPMG in Lahore have more people in compared to FRSH in Lahore ?

I hope some day we have hard core revenue figures in Pakistan to make our lives easier.

Thanks for your contri Adnan

Dear sir Adnan if I had ever argued without having facts then you can blame me. Right

And dear sir Pracs plz comment on the facts and logics provided on the other thread. If I am the quarelling member then why don't you conclude the topics with logical replies!

Waiting for your reply

ICAPians, the unparalleled..

- Pracs - 05-29-2006

Ali,

That is what you have to yet realise, we have no facts.. just ancedotes and beliefs here.. how do you expect me to close the topic... ?? Its just that you have been flaring up for nothing.. a lot of hot air as they say.

Unless we have figures of some sort we cannot conclude for sure. My understanding of FRSH (All Pakistan basisi) as no.2 is based on the following facts

1) It has more partners after AFF
2) Staff strength is just next to AFF, it is also the only accountancy firm in Pakistan to boast of an acturial consultancy and like AFF also has a sizeable consultancy practise

I presume no Partner in Pakistan would agree to 'new partners' coming on and paying more staff if their revenue did not permit so. Elementary My Dear Ali Elementary.

Backing with some numbers from the ICAP website, with regrds to Number of parters (2005-2006)

http//www.icap.org.pk/Downloads/dir2005-06/Alpha%20List%20of%20Firms%20of%20CA%20Composition.pdf

A F Ferguson & Co. - 26
Ford Rhodes Sidat Hyder & Co. - 22
Taseer Hadi Khalid & Co. - 18
Muhammed Yusuf Adil Saleem & Co. - 10
Anjum Asim Shahid Rahman - 9

I have not included any numbers on KMHR and KMRSRIR due to impending issues on the legal front atleast.

Perhaps members working on each of the big3 above can tell us what is the staff strength on Pakistan basis for their firms..

- Ali Akbar - 05-30-2006

<br />Ali,

That is what you have to yet realise, we have no facts.. just ancedotes and beliefs here.. how do you expect me to close the topic... ?? Its just that you have been flaring up for nothing.. a lot of hot air as they say.

Unless we have figures of some sort we cannot conclude for sure. My understanding of FRSH (All Pakistan basisi) as no.2 is based on the following facts

1) It has more partners after AFF
2) Staff strength is just next to AFF, it is also the only accountancy firm in Pakistan to boast of an acturial consultancy and like AFF also has a sizeable consultancy practise

I presume no Partner in Pakistan would agree to 'new partners' coming on and paying more staff if their revenue did not permit so. Elementary My Dear Ali Elementary.

Backing with some numbers from the ICAP website, with regrds to Number of parters (2005-2006)

http//www.icap.org.pk/Downloads/dir2005-06/Alpha%20List%20of%20Firms%20of%20CA%20Composition.pdf

A F Ferguson & Co. - 26
Ford Rhodes Sidat Hyder & Co. - 22
Taseer Hadi Khalid & Co. - 18
Muhammed Yusuf Adil Saleem & Co. - 10
Anjum Asim Shahid Rahman - 9

I have not included any numbers on KMHR and KMRSRIR due to impending issues on the legal front atleast.

Perhaps members working on each of the big3 above can tell us what is the staff strength on Pakistan basis for their firms..

Dear Pracs I cant understand how do you link the number of partners with the ranking? Can you please tell me the relevance of the number of partners and revenue with the professional growth of students? And for your information the number of students of KPMG is almost equal to AFF's here in Islamabad and significantly more than FRSH and KPMG has 500 students in Karachi.

We, the students here even of AFF recognize KPMG at number 1 because of this clientage at least in Islamabad because the only concern for students is cliental and not the revenue! I got call from AFF but I opted for KPMG, was I wrong? No, I am quite satisfied with decision.

ICAPians, the unparalleled..

- Pracs - 05-30-2006

So you base your criteria on Islamabad end of discussion then.. we are talking about rankings, which are usually based on Revenue. If student preference is the criteria you need to build on a couple of other factors
-work life balance (to persue studies)
-secondment opportunities
-Peer group in market place

A firm up on the revenue ladder may not necessarily be a 'preferred' employer and vice versa

I am sure you were not wrong in your decision I would be indifferent between the Big3 in Pakistan anyways..good luck on your career.

Like I said before, don't take it personally or to your personal circumstances.. I am not rebutting you just because you are a trainee or a CA etc., its a matter of opinion for us all, I would stay by mine as long as I do not have sufficient gounds to change my opinion.

- madeeha - 06-01-2006

MYASCO.
ihavent heard abt this firms whts the abbreviated word

- smurfyazhar - 06-02-2006

it stands for Muhammed Yusuf Adil Saleem & Co

- Goodman - 06-02-2006

I hope everybody knows by know, that PwC Japan is suspended for two months for its alledged audit failures. I hope we dont have another Arthur Anderson.

- spooky - 06-03-2006

i hope we have another ARTHUR ANDERSON cuz AFF deserves it

- spooky - 06-03-2006

or no of students ziada honayy se kia hotaa he wahan (AFF i mean )me ziada intake islia hota he cuz they have alot of refernces and they want to oblige more an more people

- Pracs - 06-03-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by spooky</i>
<br />or no of students ziada honayy se kia hotaa he wahan (AFF i mean )me ziada intake islia hota he cuz they have alot of refernces and they want to oblige more an more people

Now that's the most funniest thing I have read on this thread so far..

- Pracs - 06-03-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Goodman</i>
<br />I hope everybody knows by know, that PwC Japan is suspended for two months for its alledged audit failures. I hope we dont have another Arthur Anderson.

I am sure there is not going to be another Anderson, primarliy because no major firm is going to be as stupid as the Andersen partners and resort to purgery,. that is what brought them down in the end.

Between us, as I hear, things aren't all that different with the other three...in Japan.