Accountancy Forum
Top Four Firms - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Top Four Firms (/showthread.php?tid=3301)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Abdur.Rehman - 06-04-2006

Between us, as I hear, things aren't all that different with the other three...in Japan.
[/quote]

Sir,
sory to bother u again. But once again ur statement is tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo vague to make any conclusions. Phir aap kahain gay k kal k bachay mujhay batain kartay hain. Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz come with something that make us understand something, as im sure u r not short of knowledge and experience.
Hoping 4 an un-vague reply (i cant use the word clear and straight forward).

- Pracs - 06-04-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Abdur.Rehman</i>

Sir,
sory to bother u again. But once again ur statement is tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo vague to make any conclusions. Phir aap kahain gay k kal k bachay mujhay batain kartay hain. Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz come with something that make us understand something, as im sure u r not short of knowledge and experience.
Hoping 4 an un-vague reply (i cant use the word clear and straight forward).
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Well, you said it your self,.. this is some thing no one can predict. its more of a 'hunch' and if you have not understood it you were'nt meant to.. so don't worry your self over it.

- Goodman - 06-04-2006

Pracs
Well, its been long time, we have not had any fireworks from Far East. I think its about time that either the big 4 in Japan and around clean themselves up or we might end up with another Arthur anderson.

Are you satisfied with the quality of audit work in UK, kindly reply in detail whenever you have free time. And I have not seen ASK long time, hope he is good and fit.

Finally, guys if a person of Pracs standing express his subjective views and you are unable to comprehend please keep your ignorance to yourself.

- Abdur.Rehman - 06-05-2006

Regret on my understanding.
sory sir. u r people of high class and high understanding and high exposure. But v people sitting in this third world cant comprehend ur high class discussions. V here in Pakistan doesnt get the whole and true picture of the outside world. V just get information in Bits and pieces.
But sir can u plz tell me any such issue in Japan that happened in recent past with other big 3, and this is not to test ur knowledge, it is just to increase my information and understanding regarding the issue.
And sir im new to this forum, i ve not much idea regarding the standing of anyone here. As im not a person who will judge one's standing from the number of posts, like i dont judge the standing of firm from number of employees or revenue. Goodman, ur thoughts resemble with that of pracs. u can b nice friends.

- Pracs - 06-05-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Abdur.Rehman</i>
<br />Regret on my understanding.
sory sir. u r people of high class and high understanding and high exposure. But v people sitting in this third world cant comprehend ur high class discussions. V here in Pakistan doesnt get the whole and true picture of the outside world. V just get information in Bits and pieces.
But sir can u plz tell me any such issue in Japan that happened in recent past with other big 3, and this is not to test ur knowledge, it is just to increase my information and understanding regarding the issue.
And sir im new to this forum, i ve not much idea regarding the standing of anyone here. As im not a person who will judge one's standing from the number of posts, like i dont judge the standing of firm from number of employees or revenue. Goodman, ur thoughts resemble with that of pracs. u can b nice friends.

You better start reading the papers then,.. as your Good friend Ali does it.. oh Darn it I am doing it again.. banging my head against a wall...

- Pracs - 06-05-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Goodman</i>
<br />Pracs
Well, its been long time, we have not had any fireworks from Far East. I think its about time that either the big 4 in Japan and around clean themselves up or we might end up with another Arthur anderson.

Are you satisfied with the quality of audit work in UK, kindly reply in detail whenever you have free time. And I have not seen ASK long time, hope he is good and fit.

Finally, guys if a person of Pracs standing express his subjective views and you are unable to comprehend please keep your ignorance to yourself.

Yeah Fareast is the next flash point,.. as companies grow, markets perform or under perform and the stake holders move from Govt./Banks to the share holder.

Hmm that is a question of a catch 22, isn't it...I'll try to reply in short for now and we can carry on from there,

well comparing it with Pakistan and Middleast, I'd say its more process driven here, less labour intensive, more on risk management (both from a client's business point of view and the accounting firm's) for some one whose trained in Pakistan I'd say its a little to mechanised.

But as we move from UK Auditing standards (UKGAAS) to ISA - International standards on auditing, things are becoming more time consuming,... a new thing which I now need to do while here in Britain (I guess its a first for every one all over the world) is the 'overkill' on auditing controls and walkthroughs (even when you are not relying on them,.. you know what I mean).

One thing though the resources in this country are great and I was almost dumbfounded when I first got to see the kind of money and resources my firm puts on staff skill development and the sorts.

- Ali Akbar - 06-05-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>

You better start reading the papers then,.. as your Good friend Ali does it.. oh Darn it I am doing it again.. banging my head against a wall...

Iqbal ne kia khoob kaha hai k

"phool ki patti se kat sakta hai heeray ka jiger
mard-e-nadan pa qalm-e-narme nazok be asar"

This shair was earlier posted by Abdur.Rehman also but I think members didnt get its meanings and I am sure this time you are also blank......[8D]

- Schuaeb - 06-07-2006

KPMG vs FRSH, it is nt necessary for me to interrupt, but this confrontation is leadin no way, though ve nt got much knowledge but seems that Ali and Rehman ve taken things unneccesarily personal. Clientele keeps on changing, but as far as name is concerned FRSH has always been ahead of THK, AFF is clearly ahead. In Lahore FRSH student intake is more than THK, and no FRSH student will agree dat THK is the better of two, however, i personally know some THK students who consider FRSH a sumwhat better. Further, yet again just my personal xperience i ve seen many yusuf adil students comparing there's with THK and many occasions ratin them above,
I m nt in THK or FRSH so atleast my opinion is not biased this way, hope dat i m not irritatin ne1

- Abdur.Rehman - 06-07-2006

No sir not at all irritatin ne1
But i would request u to see the post given by me on the other thread i.e MYASCO in Lahore, regarding the top 30 KSE companies, out of which 15 are audited by KTH. We know that a reputation once made is hard to change, but u shud accept the ground realities.

- Schuaeb - 06-07-2006

Yeah rite, agreed, heard of dat.
u know audits keep on changin and we dont hav any parameters to identify which is better. The only thing on the basis of whcih can evalute a renowned firm is its repute in the market and on these grounds FRSH is a sumwhat ahead of THK

- Abdur.Rehman - 06-08-2006

Ok, but i think u r in Lahore. In Islamabad this is not the case. KPMG is on the top in Islamabad. but if u consolidate with Lahore and Karachi, there is a possiblity that AFF may come on top on the basis of repute not on the basis of Clientage.
Everyone has the right to have his own thoughts, but some things are ground realities, which i also accept. I accept that repute wise AFF is on top in Pakistan, as every layman knows the name of AFF. But a person in the profession can understand the situation better. But if someone doesnt try to realize facts its upon him....

- Schuaeb - 06-08-2006

I m sorry dat in my first message I did not mention Lahore. A firm may got quite different conditions in two cities. In Lahore I hav no idea bout clientele bout repute wise FRSH is ahead of THK, oops i shud hav said KPMG.

So it was goin between FRSH and KPMG, nice effort u directly start a comparision bween AFF and KPMG

I dont think dat there is any place for arguin becoz i dont disagree with what u said and perhaps the same is ur case.

KPMG is the best, now happy.

Waisay in all this u ve taken this a bit personal

- Abdur.Rehman - 06-09-2006

Yes we take it personal, as we are members of KPMG or KTH not THK, and we own it. and when u start owning ur organization, u start taking it personal. and specially when someone is not ready to accept facts regarding it.
Anyways u can have ur thoughts. You have full right to have them. But sory to say, that i came on this topic very seriously and in a very professional way, by giving a list of 15 firms out of KSE top 30 audited by KPMG. But i didnt get a sound reply convincing me on clientage of AFF or FRSH.
But some people have their own views.
anyways good luck to everybody..

- Schuaeb - 06-09-2006

Lolzz, do not drag AFF in. Nice to know bout ur attachemnt with ur organization. I hav agreed to watever u said, also admit dat ur approach towards this topic is more professional as atleast u hav sum stats.

I, infact, am not much bothered bout which is the better of the two (I m not talkin bout AFF). I, only, dared to say dat repute wise perhaps FRSH is a bit better than THK or KTH whatever. (talkin bout Lahore)

One's affilation with his organization is a very positive thing but when u r discussing sumthin ur opinion shud not be biased.

Good Luck to u and all at KPMG.

- Abdur.Rehman - 06-11-2006

Thanx 4 wishing good lucks but dear my point was very simple. I came with stats, the other shud also. If u dont have anything except repo, then be happy in ur UTOPIA.