Accountancy Forum
BSc from oxford brookes - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: BSc from oxford brookes (/showthread.php?tid=3315)

BSc from oxford brookes - capricorn_me - 05-31-2006

friendz

if one gets BSc in applied accounting , will he/she eliglible for masters like MBA/MEF is pakistan

plz reply soon this is urgent

- ausmanpk2001 - 05-31-2006

Yes. oxford brookes is a recognized uk university. you can apply anywhere just like you obtained a normal bsc degree from a british university.

- capricorn_me - 05-31-2006

thanks soo much for repliyng this much soon

- capricorn_me - 06-02-2006

i don't think so...
it is recognised by HEC. it is better to just give a mail to hec and ask from them .
BUT my friend first take it then other things matter , other then acca it( BSc.) is another achievement, also if u still desire for MBA and incase hec didn't recognised it then u can get it(mba) from same OBU

- waqas - 06-03-2006

Assalam o Alaikum
Capricon can you please tell me about complete requirments for this Bsc Degree.

- capricorn_me - 06-04-2006

yes sure,
ACCA's innovative partnership with Oxford Brookes University allows ACCA students to study for a BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting, while taking their ACCA examinations.

Students will be entitled to the degree (awarded by Oxford Brookes University) on completing the first two parts of the new Professional Scheme of examinations, and then submitting a Research and Analysis Project to the university for assessment. The Project examines graduate skills, focusing particularly on the ability of students to carry out research and analysis.
Students must be registered with Oxford Brookes University in order to be eligible for the Oxford Brookes University degree of BSc (Honours) in Applied Accounting.
Registration takes place automatically for those students who have indicated to ACCA that they wish to be opted in to the degree scheme.

Students not indicating on their initial registration form that they wish to be part of the scheme can opt in any time prior to attempting 2.4 + or 2.5 + or 2.6. Eligible students can write to the Oxford Brookes University BSc Administration requesting to be opted in or can enter their details via the E- business facility.

- capricorn_me - 06-04-2006

GENERIC LEARNING OUTCOMES
On completing their course of study students will have demonstrated an ability to

in the area of knowledge and understanding

i. describe and apply fundamental accounting concepts and principles to a range of business transactions and situations;

ii. critically evaluate accounting concepts and principles and their application in solutions to practical accounting problems;

iii. understand and apply the techniques, processes and procedures which are required to ensure the efficient and effective use and deployment of human resources;

iv. understand and apply the principles of corporate and business law, and the area of revenue law relating to businesses and their employees;

v. evaluate the audit process and its application for both external regulation and for business control and development for a range of organisations.

in the area of disciplinary and professional skills

i. record financial information using double-entry bookkeeping techniques;

ii. prepare financial statements using a wide range of appropriate accounting techniques;

iii. appraise the performance and financial situation of organisations using a range of interpretative techniques; discuss the limitations of those techniques;

iv. select and apply appropriate management accounting and quantitative techniques to business planning, decision making and control;

v. communicate financial information to a variety of different audiences.

in the area of transferable skills

i. analyse problems, identify critical factors, construct and select appropriate solutions;

ii. communicate logically and clearly verbal and numerical data in writing;

iii. apply study and time-management skills;

iv. produce an independently researched academic account of a business problem or question;

v. use (or understand the use of) information technology to record, manipulate and analyse financial data, and solve accounting problems.

for detailed information , how to earn it ,on which topics u hav to search, what r dates for submission,fees,meetings with mentor.... and many more, download following pdf file

http//www.accaglobal.com/students/professionalscheme/degreepartnership/research_and_analysis.pdf