Accountancy Forum
Opinion on Career in NIB Bank - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Opinion on Career in NIB Bank (/showthread.php?tid=3322)

Opinion on Career in NIB Bank - smurfyazhar - 06-02-2006

Is NIB considered to be good for employment? does anyone have any info about this bank.

- Shahbaz - 06-03-2006

visit there website.. im sure u'll find much info. about it )

- smurfyazhar - 06-03-2006

no not much info there. i visited their website. aik dam bekar hai. i need analysis and review of the bank.

- ausmanpk2001 - 06-04-2006

NIB is a new bank in pakistan. but it has international affiliations. a large singapore company has bough its major shares. so it seems like a foreign bank associated with a large consortium. so i think it wont be bad for employment.

with international affiliations, a foreign bank from singapore. doesn't seems bad.

new banks take time to establish & gain their rapport. citibank & abn amro also started their operations but as they were big international banks, so they got established very good.

- ateeqsindhu - 06-24-2006

AOA all
i've been in connection with NIB bec. i m from da firm which used to audit em & i m of da openion that they are as good as any other as far as employment is concerned. evendo u just need to get into 1 bank after that u'll get opportunities from others easily after having experience.

- smurfyazhar - 06-24-2006

thanks people

- Muhammad Adnan Arshad - 06-27-2006

The Temasek Holdings of Singapore, through its subsidiary, Asia Finance Holdings, increased its stake in NIB from 25 per cent to 72.6 per cent after it completed the transaction on June 30, 2005, a press release of the bank said on Tuesday.

This fresh allotment of shares will catapult NIB into the "top ten league" in terms of paid-up capital among all local and foreign banks operating in Pakistan. It will also significantly improve NIB’s capital adequacy and fund mobilising ability.

The fresh allotment was earlier approved by the shareholders of the Bank in the AGM held on March 31, 2005 and necessary approvals were obtained from the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan and the State Bank of Pakistan.

The enlarged holding of Temasek is expected to make a significant and positive impact on NIB as the latter pursues an aggressive expansion plan.

From its beginning in October 2003, NIB has established 15 branches in Karachi, Hyderabad, Faisalabad, Lahore, Islamabad and Peshawar over the past 20 months. With this investment, NIB plans to have a countrywide network of over 200 branches in the near future.

Temasek’s investment in NIB signals its confidence in the economic growth and future of Pakistan. In turn, NIB expects to leverage on the expertise and experience of the Temasek group through its significant investments in the Financial Services Industry in Asia.

Temasek is a Singapore-based investment company. It enjoys Aaa rating by Moodys’ and AAA rating by Standard & Poors. Established in 1974, it manages a diversified global portfolio of US$54 billion, spanning Singapore, Asia and the OECD economies.

Its investments are in a range of industries telecommunications and media, financial services, property, transportation and logistics, energy and resources, infrastructure, engineering and technology, as well as pharmaceuticals and biosciences.

Companies in the Temasek group include listed firms such as Singapore Airlines, SingTel, DBS Bank, SMRT Corporation, Keppel Group and Neptune Orient Lines. Through AFH, Temasek also holds substantial stakes in banks in Indonesia, Malaysia, Korea, China and India.

- Muhammad Adnan Arshad - 06-27-2006

Mr. Khawaja Iqbal Hassan
President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
NIB Bank Limited

ADDRESS Muhammadi House, I.I. Chundrigar Road, Karachi.
Phone 111-333-111
Website http//www.nibpk.com

- hdblue - 04-18-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Muhammad Adnan Arshad</i>
<br />The Temasek Holdings of Singapore, through its subsidiary, Asia Finance Holdings, increased its stake in NIB from 25 per cent to 72.6 per cent after it completed the transaction on June 30, 2005, a press release of the bank said on Tuesday.

This fresh allotment of shares will catapult NIB into the "top ten league" in terms of paid-up capital among all local and foreign banks operating in Pakistan. It will also significantly improve NIB’s capital adequacy and fund mobilising ability.

The fresh allotment was earlier approved by the shareholders of the Bank in the AGM held on March 31, 2005 and necessary approvals were obtained from the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan and the State Bank of Pakistan.

The enlarged holding of Temasek is expected to make a significant and positive impact on NIB as the latter pursues an aggressive expansion plan.

From its beginning in October 2003, NIB has established 15 branches in Karachi, Hyderabad, Faisalabad, Lahore, Islamabad and Peshawar over the past 20 months. With this investment, NIB plans to have a countrywide network of over 200 branches in the near future.

Temasek’s investment in NIB signals its confidence in the economic growth and future of Pakistan. In turn, NIB expects to leverage on the expertise and experience of the Temasek group through its significant investments in the Financial Services Industry in Asia.

Temasek is a Singapore-based investment company. It enjoys Aaa rating by Moodys’ and AAA rating by Standard & Poors. Established in 1974, it manages a diversified global portfolio of US$54 billion, spanning Singapore, Asia and the OECD economies.

Its investments are in a range of industries telecommunications and media, financial services, property, transportation and logistics, energy and resources, infrastructure, engineering and technology, as well as pharmaceuticals and biosciences.

Companies in the Temasek group include listed firms such as Singapore Airlines, SingTel, DBS Bank, SMRT Corporation, Keppel Group and Neptune Orient Lines. Through AFH, Temasek also holds substantial stakes in banks in Indonesia, Malaysia, Korea, China and India.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Hi,

Thanks for your information. I have got some my ideals.I'll return back.

If you want to do more info, you also visit at [url="http//careerprofile.biz"]<b>Career profile</b>[/url]

Good luck!