Accountancy Forum
Specialization for Chartered Accountants - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Specialization for Chartered Accountants (/showthread.php?tid=3331)

Specialization for Chartered Accountants - Ice_Blue - 06-05-2006

Members are welcome to give their opinion on which field a Chartered Accountant should choose for his specialization.

Treasury and Financial Management are best left to MBAs and CFAs.

Tax and auditing have traditionally been have been CAs' domain.

are there any other fields where a CA can work like management consultancy ? where should he work to bring out the best in him? does this depend on the kind of experience he gains in an audit firm?

as a student entering into an audit firm what kind of experience should he look for.

- ausmanpk2001 - 06-06-2006

management accounting is more better for icma's. i dont think ca's should plunge into that.
Just work & work & work in the firm as you will do. dont worry about anything else. you wont have time to think about other things.about what kind of experience you should look for, i dont think you have much choice in this case. the firm people will send you on audit thereself.they wont ask you whether you want to gain this type of experience.

accounting firms are the best place to gain experience. it would be much more better if its a big 4.

- Pracs - 06-06-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ice_Blue</i>
<br />Members are welcome to give their opinion on which field a Chartered Accountant should choose for his specialization.

Treasury and Financial Management are best left to MBAs and CFAs.

Tax and auditing have traditionally been have been CAs' domain.

are there any other fields where a CA can work like management consultancy ? where should he work to bring out the best in him? does this depend on the kind of experience he gains in an audit firm?

as a student entering into an audit firm what kind of experience should he look for.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Haven't seen you in quite some time Ice blue, hope you have been well.

I think a CA is qualified enough (with the right kind of experience) to get in all of th fields mentioned by you. Although there is a monoply in Assurance services of Audit and tax.

CAs are doing very well in management consultancy as well especially in Pakistan, I have examples of it.

The above is true in Pakistan's prespective.

- Muhammad Adnan Arshad - 06-10-2006

A qualified 'Chartered Accountant' (ACA/FCA) of Pakistan is perfectly eligible to apply directly for specialization or 'Doctor in Philosophy (PhD)' in any of the branches/subdivisions of 'Finance, Audit & Accounting'. Because, an ACA/FCA (Pak) is now fully recognised by HEC as equivalent to the Masters Degree from any well-reputed university. I think, CIA/CISA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA etc etc are also considered as specialization courses for a complete chartered accountant.
Anyways, 'Audit & Accounts' is considered as best for the chartered accountant to specialize.

(THIS IS ANOTHER USEFUL INFORMATION RELATED TO HIS TOPIC)

- Ice_Blue - 06-21-2006

thank u everbody for ur time.