Accountancy Forum
CA fast track----how do u people look at it?? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: CA fast track----how do u people look at it?? (/showthread.php?tid=3346)

Pages: 1 2

CA fast track----how do u people look at it?? - insaan - 06-08-2006

ICAP has announced that any student can give two modules in a single attempt & this is effective from Nov 2006 attempt....how do u people look at this move
is anybody trying this attempt 2 modules in a single shot
what about the feasibilty of this option
how far is it possible 2 pass 2 modules in a single attempt?

- zainahmed - 06-08-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">ICAP has announced that any student can give two modules in a single attempe & this is effective from Nov 2005 attempt....how do u people look at this move
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
hi
but is it effective from NOV 2005 or NOV 2006 and exactly what is it?

- maani - 06-08-2006

itz effective from Nov 1, 2006...Nothing is impossible but attempting Mod A and B will be easier task as compared to attempting Mod C and D combinely...infact it is really useful for students having good accounting background to cut their time period...

- Abdur.Rehman - 06-08-2006

plus ICAP is also proposing 1 to 2 exemptions in Module A for FSC and ICom students. So the number of papers would also be less. U can visit the site of ICAP to view the number of exemptions

- Mahtab - 06-08-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">itz effective from Nov 1, 2006...Nothing is impossible but attempting Mod A and B will be easier task as compared to attempting Mod C and D combinely...infact it is really useful for students having good accounting background to cut their time period...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I also have the same opinion

- Muhammad Ahmad - 06-08-2006

Well
Good News for students. I think in this way ICAP is trying to meet the growing need of firms ,for trainees.

- usmankhalid - 06-08-2006

I wonder if its really gonna help. The only thing that hurts is the full failure awarded based on a single 'd' grade. How can guys manage two modules if they can't pass one module in a single go? I don't think its gonna work. Best times were when PPT was held and filtered induction was made. Most guys realize that CA isn't their kind of game when they have reached module C and have spent lots of time with ICAP. Module A is like a warm-up exercise so don't feel happy over its exemptions. Its a mere eye-wash!

- Schuaeb - 06-09-2006

Module A really is an eye wash and now from the next year a Module A just comprisin of two papers i.e FE n QM wud b much more easier, also xemption crieterion is not very tough. Economics will replace IT in module B which wud make it more tuough. (Both ITs ll be in D)

Now comin to appearin in two modules simulateneously. Before modular system, in FTFC system students had to do the same and used to pass at dat time. Modular system has make things easier, but it never means two modules cant be cleared in a singel go.

I hav 2 refers in module C and now goin for C n D combinely in Autumn attemt, besides i m a trainee student. Case may be totally different for different students, and i dont think dat it wud suite the majority.

Need ur prays guyz

- Ali Akbar - 06-09-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by insaan</i>
<br />ICAP has announced that any student can give two modules in a single attempe & this is effective from Nov 2005 attempt....how do u people look at this move

Plus the Council of the Institute also approved the following policy

Candidates having 1 ref in module E can appear in module F along with one ref provided that his/her attempt of module F is due.

This is a good sign for improving the membership status and current market demand. On the other hand current examination papers r gonna more tough, more applied and more comprehensive than earlier examination papers. Its good that now ICAP is trying to pick the cream, through various profession promotion exhibitions, and then filtering it through new/improved and advanced examination system.

ICAPians, the unparalleled..

- Schuaeb - 06-09-2006

I dont know ali wat makes u say all dat. Papers r gonna b more tough, comprehensive, who has told u all dat. I guess there is no such thin. The reason of all such ICAP's policies is to generate more revenue and nothin else then dat, as students are the largest source of ICAPs revenue.

Papers standard i believe is on the decline, atleast module C papers of the current attempt. I hav no idea wat ICAP tried to judge. Passin such papers is more dependent upon ones performance in 3 hours than the time he has taken to study his books. Do look at current BCBS paper or any other.

- Ali Akbar - 06-09-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Schuaeb</i>
<br />I dont know ali wat makes u say all dat. Papers r gonna b more tough, comprehensive, who has told u all dat. I guess there is no such thin. The reason of all such ICAP's policies is to generate more revenue and nothin else then dat, as students are the largest source of ICAPs revenue.

Papers standard i believe is on the decline, atleast module C papers of the current attempt. I hav no idea wat ICAP tried to judge. Passin such papers is more dependent upon ones performance in 3 hours than the time he has taken to study his books. Do look at current BCBS paper or any other.

Sir have a look at core papers i.e Financial Accounting (from Autumn 2005 onwards), Auditing (from Autumn 2005 onwards), Cost Accounting (from Spring 2005 onwards), Advanced Accounting & Financial Reporting (current paper), Corporate Laws(since inception) and then have a base to say something. Its not the way to make any statement about any Institute without knowing the facts! Its just like disrupting the image and efforts of the Institute and nothing else. Its not necessary to criticise one's statement if you dont have any base.

Dont take it personal, if you have some basis then you are most welcome to argue and comment.

- Ali Akbar - 06-09-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Schuaeb</i>
<br />I dont know ali wat makes u say all dat. Papers r gonna b more tough, comprehensive, who has told u all dat. I guess there is no such thin. The reason of all such ICAP's policies is to generate more revenue and nothin else then dat, as students are the largest source of ICAPs revenue.

And one thing more, whats the need for ICAP to increase the revenue without any corresponding improvment in the output? Revenue, fees etc is not the core objective of the Institute like ICAP. Is it? Then what made you to say that they have to earn revenue and nothing else?

- insaan - 06-10-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Papers standard i believe is on the decline<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
i totally disagree with u
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">The reason of all such ICAP's policies is to generate more revenue and nothin else then dat, as students are the largest source of ICAPs revenue.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
yaar y dont u ask ICAP reason 4 their changes in policies...ICAP has done this basically to facilitate PFCs , this is wat they told to ALhamd's principal when he asked ICAP
secondly, they are also looking to increase thier revenues but not by this way ,they are going to increase their fees in near future & they should...no educational body all round the world gives such a valued degree for just app.Rs20000..this is wat Mr Owais told us after having a meeting with ICAP council members
thirdly,,,the world is getting faster and faster ..conditions are changing day by day...competing with this turbulent world 4 sure requires a regular update in policies...this is wat the contingency approach says. and we should appreciate ICAP's move in this regards

- maani - 06-10-2006

some policies needs revision...something that I think needs to be reviewed is the PSTC of Module C...atleast I didn't find it useful...wastage of time...an additional thing for the RAETs to earn more...If these sort of courses are included in the curricula then their shud b some testing of students' skills by ICAP(as in case of CCPT)...
One more thing, no RAET is willing to admit any student on "Interest Free Educational Loan"...I did communicate this to ICAP,but there was no response...

- Schuaeb - 06-10-2006

So Ali I was not takin bout professional papers and dat was nt sumthin u mentioned in ur first post. But mind it ICAP has done nothing to facilitate no one. My purpose is not to disrepute the institute. But a lot lot of policies are there which only meant revenue generation.
'- Why is PPT xempted?
'- Why in 700 students have passed in module A and 40 in B?(talkin bout this attemt)
'- Why is module A (the easiest of all) have been made even easier by shiftin economics in B?
'- Why passin Module A is much easier than any other module
'- And last but not the least why shud not the institute like more revenue?

And dont know how u look at all this. Man the sole purpose is to increase revenue. I already mentioned students make the largest source of institutes revenue.

Output shud b the core objective and I believe it is in case of ICAP but revenue generation is also sumthin mentionable.

Mr. Insaan(i hope u r, just kiddin)there r definetely policies to faciliate students, world is changin fast and ICAP has also to make necessary changes and perhaps there r improvements this way. Being registered as a trainee requires a fee of Rs. 7,700, now dont u think this a bit too much for a local institute. And also do tell me the changes in policies I hav mentioned shud be appreciated.

Now i dont know how u guyz look at this, this is my personal xperience, paper's standard (takin bout module C's spring 2006 attempt) awfully teribble. A poor aproach to make papers different. PBP Books how u look at them and in some papers they r being strictly followed. A useless, or i shud say much harmful PBP addition is there for C 9 (BCBS) and ICAPs paper wud follow it.

Maani I hav nt taken much advantage from the courses u mentioned but i dont think they are useless, I hav seein students takin advantage of them.

And Ali y shud i take it personal (lolzz), i swear i have respect for this institute and there r a whole lot of commendable policies. But both aspects shud b looked at. Now i guess my arguments are not totally base less.