Accountancy Forum
MR Pracs - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: MR Pracs (/showthread.php?tid=3369)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- Shahid_fss - 06-23-2006

Sorry I never used ICAP site )

- Schuaeb - 06-24-2006

Things seem 2 hav been soughted out here.

Now i doubt ur qualification Pracs, how can sum1 call Abdur Rehman a reasonable person especially after all dat he has posted on this particular topic

Waisay i dont hav any doubts bout multiple ids

Once again KTH was dragged in, so the represenatative of kpmg here r enuff for nebody to find out bout it

one more thing abdur rehman (ali) said that ali is a gold medalist and eerybody agreed. Cmon yaaaar

- Pracs - 06-24-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ali Akbar</i>
<br />Whatever, I havent seen such a professional whose statements are totally baseless!

Let me explain today in detail. You started comparing firms in Pakistan. Do you know about the current position in Pakistan? When it has been proved through clientage that you were totally wrong then you started placing firms on the basis of revenue! Comeone man why were you misguding the students? Students join the firm for articlship and not partnership! Clients matter and not the revenue!

What I understood from the discussion with you I think you had a tour of all firms but not of KPMG, dont know why!! If you are not in KPMG then it doesnt mean its not a good firm! Please stop discouraging others. Let me give you another good news, another major and one of the two listed client of AFF Islamabd is now with KPMG. The news is of today.

Those who dont even know about such basic things (IFRSs) never proved to be the pillars of the profession and then we claim that we have worked in big 4!

And dear, its not only me who is not supporting ICAP's act in 2001-02 of allowing ACCAs to become CAs. During 2001-02 the record CAs got membership of ICAP! And I have seen one of them now, thanks for making me to know that ACCAs have really no comparison with CAs of ICAP.

Anyway, keep yourself busy on this forum, but please dont misguide people by giving outdated information as I will not be there to object[)]

I am leaving this forum for good.

Best of luck

ICAPians, the unparalleled..
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Ali,.. KPMG is the best of the best in Pakistan and you are the champion of IFRS and I think ICAP should go ahead and award you an honourary ACA right now. ACCA's are scum of the earth and ACA's who have passed during 2000-2001 (is that your bench mark)are just not to the quality !

Fine, is that what you wanted to hear, is that 'your world' your reality.

Now let me run you by some facts now,..

I am still not completely convinced about KPMG being in the second position on an all Pakistan basis, because there is no facts on Revenues and number of students in Pakistan. What you may not realise is that all Big4 have similar training programmes and what the students get out of it is quite comparable. Think about what would add to a trainee's career.. 1)pass the exam 2)get the right experience 3)be accepted in the market as a professional. I believe all of the Big4 are able to claim that in Pakistan. But if you say that KPMG is the best firm, best of the best I would like to contest that. I am not the one trying to prove something,. it is you, you need to come up with facts and not just that we got two more listed clients and all.

This has nothing to do with my not working for KPMG,. would I be weary of Citicorp just because I don't work for them ! its as simple as that. Some thing you will not understand.And how my dear, have you proved Clientle, its beyond my understanding....

How do you know what my profeciency in IFRS or UKGAAP or USGAAP is ? have you worked with me do you even know me ? Just because I did not respond to your taunting questions you come to that conclusion. Infact I am the only person who responded to your query and you were to come back to me, you never did, not until you drummed up this fiasco on KPMG !! did you think I was going to come back and then try to 'prove' myself to you. I do not have to prove myself to any one, you of all people.

By saying what you are saying on 2000-2001 (did you just pick these years because you saw me qualifying in 2000 and 2001), do you know what my marks were in ACCA, or how many attempts I took to pass ACA?

I know you will never be convinced and will go further many steps to try to malign me,.so go ahead. You are the kind of person who will go at lengths to prove his point, be unflexible to any possibilities beyond their vision and all you are is a trainee ? I shudder to think what you will do when you qualify, God have mercy on your future subordinates and for that matter your Juniors in KPMG (that is if you have any yet!)

- Pracs - 06-24-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by fahim239</i>
<br /><b>Mani,,,Pracs ..i knew these ppl since quite a tym when iwas regular on this Forum. i dont know wat happened to these ppl. they have been on this forum throughout their lives.. and have been contributing nice.. Now they hav gone off Track..
if this is wat da forum is i think we cannot hav any Informative discussion as all are just opposing each other like da national assembly.. I cannot say be grown to u pll ....</b>

and to chaser i will just say wat hav u got wid a person's firm and Qualification if he is helping u or any other person n the forum.

2ndly about the tym thing i think there is n issue. i am doing my Articles from AFF Islamabad and i daily check hotmail and my scrapbook on orkut and ma yahoo account and i study and chat wid frndz. so dont doubt on one's being a CA student bcaz he is not a bookworm..or bcaz he is giving tym to Forums..
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Fahim why am I not surprised that you are from Islamabad and one of Ali's friends, My Advice to all of Ali's friends, batch mates is please do support your friend but for Humanity's sake do read through these threads atleast one so that you are aware of what is being said and who is saying who is 'free' to post around here..

- Abdur.Rehman - 06-24-2006

Mr. pracs no need to say anything to ali.
He has quit
But im really sad that he has quit.
as he was contributing alot to this forum(if u bother to read the accounting section), and i also feel bad regarding all that happened here. But anyways, a nice person with knowledge has quit and u can now easily give ur vague, baseless, outdated and ficticious information.
I may also not reply to this thread again, but i have not quit. So, c u on some other thread.
Being a senior and ACA i expect alot from u. and hope to c something more fruitfull in future.
bye..

- Pracs - 06-24-2006

<b><font color="blue">I am sorry if he has quit, I would 'request' him to come back and contribute. Please note that no one including myself asked him not to post. Infact it was him who came haggling on me and made fun of the fact that I had 'x' number of posts (not considering the factor that I have been around on the forum for some time) and started putting on stuff as to how I posted so much and all and then took it personally,, ofcourse enter Chaser and so forth.

Name one fact that I have put on this forum on 'any' thread that is fictious. You people need to learn to distinguish the difference between 'Fact', 'fiction' and 'opinion'.

The expectation is quite mutual, I'd like to see all members on this forum be a part of it, learn, contribute and 'make a difference' in the lives of the people here. And this is irrespective of their associations as students, members or just fresh high school grads.. ICAP, ACCA, CIMA, AICPA, ICAEW, ICAS, ICAA, Uni grads.

I have never said claimed or be asked to be recognised as some one who has all the answers or replies to all questions on this forum. I think that is impossible for any one. I do try to reply on threads that interest me or when people specifically ask me my opinion. I do not want to blow my own trumpet but I go out of my way to give an opinion to many students personally on their emails.

What has really dissapointed me is Ali's crude attack on me personally not only my 'ability as an accountant' but my quaification (ACCA) and that I do not deserve to be an ACA,. he's gone further on to malign my professional ability. How professional is that ? is that what you called being competitive or are these what they train you in firms these days ? It has come to the point where some members have 'pasted' my personal details on this thread from ACCA and ACA member's directories. I mean this is the limit, don't you think it is !

Dont hagle me with this 'Senior' thing,, if he would just consider every member of this forum 'an equal' I think that would be sufficient.</font id="blue"></b>

- Muhammad Arslan - 06-24-2006

Mr. Parcs please tell me whether Rahman Sarfaraz&co is in top 10 firms in Lahore or not

- chaser - 06-24-2006

Mr Pracs
i m really sorry about the trouble that i cuased but the reason was that i was looking for the information and everybody here got out of dated information and my motive is still not solved.
sorry about all the fuss and also prior to all this i sent you many e-mail but your respond was nil so i just thought that you are another web browser.
take care

- insaan - 06-25-2006

Here i would highly recommend and request admin to have a poll posting option
whenever there is a ranking problem , it's always permeated by judgment and judgment of only 1 or person never speak the true face
so having a polling option( as is there in good educational discussion forum e.g www.actuarialoutpost.com)would reflect a democratic sense in these judgments and wat the majority would speak should be accepted by every1
otherwise with times every valuable member from this forum will leave for any unmentioned reason

<u>MY this POST is ONLY FOR MR PRACS ,so noone else needs reply</u>
its very sad to know that ali has left this forum.he was really contributing a lot to this forum
and Sir Pracs he is not such a rude and proud person as u people think.though i haven't met him but having chatted with him i hav concluded that he is really a nice person...if he says he knows
a lot at the same time he gives all this credit to his teacher + lotz of respect 4 his teacher,
and as far as the issue of pracs and ali is concerned (i hav been a quiet observer 4 all dat had been happening 4 couple of last weeks)it was all that ali expected a lot from pracs and really a lot from pracs owing to his seiority and past contributions in the forum but where there are more expectations disappointment level is also higher,leading to an involuntary reaction....so when pracs went the other way round he was totally disappointed and then whatever went on was a drawback of this written communication media..in which only one's words speak ,and not one's feelings..

same was the case with me..when i posted my queries i was also expecting contributions but noone except ali helped me and helped me &is helping more than my expectations.....

y were u all unable to understand a simple principle that
seniors think that their juniors are ignorant and juniors think that seniors are ignoring them...and in this case sir pracs u ignored their views a lot....( itz da fact dat Taseer Hadee leads fordrhodes in pakistan,buti dont wana start new battlefield again & 1nce again permeated by judgment so everybody may hav his own views)u could hav come round in a very better way..believe me this was possible..and afterall u were a senior(and by the way im not taunting on ur seniority)& u should and must have handled this situation
BUT
u replied his every post in a negative tone + many others like manni,ausman etc. rather than calming the situation infuriated the situation
and u too supported them.. i had lots of respect 4 u ealier but ur personal attacks made me think twice n thrice(now dont comeup with dat ali started this n that n whatever i again mentioned u were senior and u shood hav handled all this)
and infact whatever ali did wasnt an action it was a reaction (& in my opinion an involuntary reaction)
believe me....it doesn't make difference what u say BUT what makes the difference is how u say it

all of us here expect a lot from our seniors and if the senior most member of this forum doesn't come upto our expectations then.....

and plz sir dont take my post negatively
i hav just taken time to write this post because i really believe that ali's quitting this forum would go against this forum.....

and i dont know y do we people like making our lives so complex and absurd...
wat a man is .... main is nothing but a bag of feelings & emotions....its so simple ...give lov n get lov[)]

- Shahid_fss - 06-25-2006

Code:
Here i would highly recommend and request admin to have a poll posting option
whenever there is a ranking problem , it's always permeated by judgment and judgment of only 1 or person never speak the true face
so having a polling option( as is there in good educational discussion forum e.g www.actuarialoutpost.com)would reflect a democratic sense in these judgments and wat the majority would speak should be accepted by every1
otherwise with times every valuable member from this forum will leave for any unmentioned reason

Thats a PHP forum, much power full than this one.

But since SNITZ is still supported free by its developers, I wonder why admin dont upgrade to a newer version.

Some days ago someone said that they like the design of this forum. They can enjoy both functionality + same design in newer version.
I also think that the features disabled on this forum should also be enabled. There are so many forums, how they admin their sites.
General discussion forum should be saperated from Entertainment & Fun section too.

- Pracs - 06-25-2006

<b>SPECIAL TO INSAAN</b>

Insaan, thank you for your words and let me say as I have said, this before, infact 'requested' Ali to come back and be a positive contributor that he has been doing so far. That is the most I can do, so if you chat with him or perhaps drop an email tell him what I have said.

Before I go into and respond to your allegation about I being negative through out the posts, let me tell you to just go and check if I have been negative with him in any of the other threads. My 'opposing' him was only on the context of KPMG. Even when he was going on and being personal with me I kept a positive outlook and even complimented him on some of his professional answers in other threads.

What infruirated me when Chaser came in and started this thread which I have seen as a direct attack on a personal note. If you go on and read this through and through you can see how they have gone on to do nothing but humiliate me,. I cannot say that I did not reply them in kind, I did but have still trying it not to make to personal.

<i><b>The outcome of this being that My PERSONAL DETAILS from two different Professional bodies member's directory ICAP and ACCA had to be pasted here to calm them down. That just shows you that people who were attacking me personally just had an agenda, they did not even bother to check up and do some home work. With the kind of Surname I have 'Pracha' you cannot just miss me on a search on ACCA and ICAP. If I have doubts about some one 'misrepresenting' I would have gone ahead and done just that. (though I see no reason that I go about looking for people who they are, because all I am concerned about is what they say and what I have to add)</b></i>

Now coming to the part where 'Ali' was dissappointed in me, I am sorry that he felt that way he did, but I for one have not 'acted up as Senior' on this forum I am here to learn and help. Since my interaction with you all are through this forum, what you post is what I read !! unless I know some one personally.

The thing that bothers me is with Ali, and Chaser being so full of themselves,.. just see Chaser's first post on this. He is coming out straight and then calling me a 'liar'... what is all that about. Then he goes on to demean professionals who are working for 'Medium sized' firms. I mean what is wrong in that ? Though I work for a Big4.. but I really do not take kindly to people who go about making fun of them just because they work in a smaller firm. If some is a professional that is what he is. No one has the right to make a 'judgement on that'.

If you are un sure about who I am , drop me an email.. I always reply to the maximum number of emails that I get through accountancy forum.

- ausmanpk2001 - 06-26-2006

I guessed thats all over. Everything had been proved. there are no doubts left. Anyways, its not the election of parliment, its the ranking of firms which a qualified person can answer only.
polling may generate false results & there is nothing more to fight anyways & one thing, that maybe my opinion I think that Ali is not a person who will give up so early, so dont expect that he will leave the forum. didn't meant to offence anybody

- Muhammad Adnan Arshad - 06-27-2006

...............hmmmm.....(-&)

- Bowman - 06-29-2006

Pracs....

Arey bhai tumhain kahan phansa diya in bachoon ne...

Anyway... keep up the good work

Regards

Bowman

- Arslan_PWC - 06-30-2006

A few things for ppl like Mr Ali AKbar etc...
1) What is the point of a discussion forum if the only people you wish to talk to are those holding the same opinion as yourself?
2) What are you planning to do on your "turf", plan a war?
3) Last but not least, It may just be Pracha, but the only "morons" I see here are those who are so close minded that they will not even accept that other people have diferent views that are not neccesarily wrong! As far as I can tell from reading the other threads, Pracha is among those posters who don't usually flame others for beliveing something different. Congradulations on an extremely nasty reply to someone simply stating the truth.

Maybe a discussion forum was just not for you Ali in my opinion you have commited a right move by QUITTING!!!.