Accountancy Forum
ACCA qulifies get job in UK - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: ACCA qulifies get job in UK (/showthread.php?tid=340)

Pages: 1 2 3

ACCA qulifies get job in UK - Omar - 10-04-2003

Hello People,
My question is that if I finish my level 3 papers of ACCA in UK and search for a JOB would it be more oppropriate or I finish my ACCA here and then go to UK . As I got a mail from ACCA that if I give 2.5 and 2.6 papers from UK I will get a good job on the basis of of these 2 papers . Doing Specialization from UK I think will give a boost to your ACCA career , if not WHY ?

- sumaaan - 10-27-2003

You might be able to get articles in UK after clearing your Part II. A lot depends on your luck as well. But its a remote possibility that in your very first attempt you'll get into PWC or DELOITTE... However, on a pretty ironic note, an unofficial report suggests that 60% of the UK chartered accountants are asians (mostly pakistanis and indians)...

Its interesting to note that a lot of people who decide to go to UK just for the sake of getting better salary don't take into account the taxes charged... 22% of your income would be assessed under income tax... Then there are other NI charges and what not... Rent is somewhere near 250 pounds and travelling charges are upto 50 pounds... Your eating and other expenses have to be taken into account as well... So consider everything before you decide to go to UK after/during ACCA.

- sajjad_dar2000 - 10-27-2003

I agree with sumaaan. I also noted that most of people who decide to go to UK just for the sake of getting good salary and they don’t take into account the taxes charged, accommodation, travel expenses and food etc. UK tax rates are quite high. They asses tax as following

1) Tax free pay £4615 you can take this amount without paying any tax per year

2) £o -- £1920 Lower rate Tax you have to pay 10% income tax on that amount excluding NIC

3) £1921 -- £29,900 Basic rate Tax you are eligible to pay 22% tax excluding NIC

4) Over £29,900 Higher rate Tax you have to pay 40% income tax and 10% NIC (total 50%).

You can get job here in UK but its not easy. You have to work hard here, you have to manage everything your own.

Therefore you should consider above facts before making any decision.

- Ed - 11-13-2003

AOA!

What I would like to knopw is that what are the options if one proceeds to UK after becoming an ACCA member in Pakistan alongwith completing articles from paksitan [I don't think the status of CA(Pak.) matters here, or does it......?]
Is there a chance of getting reduced articles for ICAEW? or articles at all?
What type of firm?
What kind of job oppurtunities available in both Firms & in Industry? What level of remuneration can be expected?

How would u rate such career move... sensible or not, & why?[considering ofcourse, the oppurtunity cost of Career options in Pakistan]

Ed.

Security is merely a superstition, Life is either a daring adventure or nothing!

- Paki - 11-17-2003

its good you are doing ACCA and want to go to UK, but what stream did you take your papers in? international or UK??? meaning do you know the UK accounting and auditing standards???

Me rulz

- zubair - 11-17-2003

Hi

Hello guys, long time no see,,,,,,,,,

Sajjad Dar
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
4) Over £29,900 Higher rate Tax you have to pay 40% income tax and 10% NIC (total 50%).
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Surprised nobody challanged it, its wrong.

Please read your study manuals carefully before advising people on tax matters, it could land you in difficulty somewhere in your professional life.

General
For the benefit of those who are planning to enter European market for their training programs,,, let me tell you that in my opinion and experience There has been a sudden revival of trainee market in UK. please dont ask me the reasons....... the change in rules re work permits designed for next year is fuelling the situation.

I am in public practice and when I speak to my other friends in other practices they all seem to prefer people with ACCA qualifiction and a couple of years experience not from the BIg four in pakistan but from medium or smaller practices.... becuase when you enter in big company your professional development is restricted to the dept. you go in (thats the view here which is in line with big four prctices of UK,,, though pakistani big fours are pakistani big fours)

Finally, I have seen a lot of talk of CISA on this forum,,, trust me nobody in Europe knows CISA even in USA nobody knows of them....... I think time and money can be better utilized. their website is good but thats it....

Thanks
zubair

- smraza - 11-17-2003

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Finally, I have seen a lot of talk of CISA on this forum,,, trust me nobody in Europe knows CISA even in USA nobody knows of them....... I think time and money can be better utilized. their website is good but thats it....

Thanks
zubair<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>
Yes zubair, somebody told me the same about the CISA but I was thinking he is just taunting my friend who is doing CISA, now I am really surprised to hear that again.

S M R

- sumaaan - 11-17-2003

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hi

Sajjad Dar
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Please read your study manuals carefully before advising people on tax matters, it could land you in difficulty somewhere in your professional life.

General
For the benefit of those who are planning to enter European market for their training programs,,, let me tell you that in my opinion and experience There has been a sudden revival of trainee market in UK. please dont ask me the reasons....... the change in rules re work permits designed for next year is fuelling the situation.

I am in public practice and when I speak to my other friends in other practices they all seem to prefer people with ACCA qualifiction and a couple of years experience not from the BIg four in pakistan but from medium or smaller practices.... becuase when you enter in big company your professional development is restricted to the dept. you go in (thats the view here which is in line with big four prctices of UK,,, though pakistani big fours are pakistani big fours)

Finally, I have seen a lot of talk of CISA on this forum,,, trust me nobody in Europe knows CISA even in USA nobody knows of them....... I think time and money can be better utilized. their website is good but thats it....

Thanks
zubair

Huh?!... Whats wrong with the 40% income tax rate??... That's 100% correct... I think you might be thinking about previous year figures... Because the 'limits or ranges of income' on which income tax is charged changes from year to year.

- sumaaan - 11-17-2003

Hi

Sajjad Dar

General

Thanks
zubair

Huh?!... Whats wrong with the 40% income tax rate??... That's 100% correct... I think you might be thinking about previous year figures... Because the 'limits or ranges of income' on which income tax is charged changes from year to year.

- Ed - 11-17-2003

Well paki I'm done with my ACCA in the International Stream....but I think IFRS are soon to be implemented within UK....so, at that time would knowledge of UK standards remain relevant?

I was basically asking whether moving to UK would be a sensible move for somebody who's an ACCA Member from outside UK?

If so, are the positions advertised by UK accountancy magazines & in Newspapers available to such people (not being in UK, or coming with visit Visas for interviews) to get jobs alongwith employer sponsored work-permit(or any other residential status)? Coz i've heard that employments as advertised (both by firms & in Industry) are not available to Non-UK residents?

Any chances of Success for applications through e-mailz?

Any advice Zubair?

& Is coming from a Pakistani Big 4 a disadvantage in the above-scenario?

Ed.

Security is merely a superstition, Life is either a daring adventure or nothing!

- zubair - 11-17-2003

Sumaan
Please read the manual or attend some courses of professional development,,,, thats all I can say.... and read my post very very carefully,,,,,, neither are you aware of previous years tax and NIC treatment nor are you aware of the current years.... and I doubt if you can anticipate as to whats in the pipeline for next year.

Thanks
zubair

- sumaaan - 11-17-2003

Sorry, but I'm still confused why you sentenced that as wrong...

Sumaan
Please read the manual or attend some courses of professional development,,,, thats all I can say.... and read my post very very carefully,,,,,,

And thankyou for your 'free advice'... Here's some from me... I say you take some Typing Courses so that you know where to put commas and where to put fullstops.

- Bowman - 11-17-2003

- zubair - 11-17-2003

Hi Sumaan
I got a nice secretary who knows very well where to put all these things.... .... your comments are irrelevant in this regard and try to admit your mistakes with open heart....

Please refer to the rules on limiting class 1 NIC and then read the post of sajjad dar again....

Hope you will understand it now... and this is my final post on this subject...dont have time to go through with people like yourself.

Thanks

zubair

- smraza - 11-17-2003

Hey hey hey hey
stop fighting, and please follow the links given below

<b>Butter Worth Jones and Co. Chartered Accountants</b>
http://http//www.butterworthjones.com/tax.htm

<b>Corporate Angels</b>
http://http//www.corporateangels.co.uk/uk_tax_rates.htm

and the Most Authentic Website i.e.
<b><font color=red>Inland Revenue </font id=red></b>
http://http//www.inlandrevenue.gov.uk/rates/it.htm