Accountancy Forum
HEC comments on Oxford Brookes Degree - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: HEC comments on Oxford Brookes Degree (/showthread.php?tid=3418)

HEC comments on Oxford Brookes Degree - zulfiqar_halari - 06-19-2006

From "Tahir Farooq" <tfarooq@hec.gov.pk> Add to Address Book Add
To "'Zulfiqar Ali Halari'" <zulfiqar.halari@>
Subject RE BSc (Hons) Applied Accounting
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 120952 +0500

Dear Mr. Zulfiqar,

Please note that the Higher Education Commission has not allowed this programme so far, therefore, it will not be recognized/validated.

Yours truly,

Tahir Farooq,

Education Officer,

For Director General (A&A),

Higher Education Commission Islamabad

----------------------------------------------------------------------From Zulfiqar Ali Halari [mailtozulfiqar.halari@]
Sent Wednesday, June 14, 2006 540 PM
To Tahir Farooq

Dear Mr. Tahir,

Thank for your email. I would like to know that our degree for this program will come from UK itself. But we will be doing a research and analysis project in Pakistan related to our country environment. then we will get it from UK.

So, it will be valid in Pakistan as well. I wanted assurance from HEC about its recognizability, so if HEC validates it, so I will be working toward that degree also.

Thanks and Regards

Tahir Farooq <tfarooq@hec.gov.pk> wrote

Dear Mr. Zulfiqar,

Please refer to your email, it is informed that the B.Sc. (Hons.) Applied Accounting held from Oxford Brookes University, UK through ACCA, UK are recognized by the HEC. Please note that the student is required to get his/her degree while physically remaining in UK, whereas the qualification held through study centers/distance education in Pakistan is not recognized/validated by the HEC.

Yours truly,

Tahir Farooq,

Education Officer,

For Director General (A&A),

Higher Education Commission, Islamabad

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From Muhammad Anees Sadozai [mailtoasadozai@hec.gov.pk]
Sent Tuesday, June 13, 2006 232 PM
To tfarooq@hec.gov.pk
Subject FW BSc (Hons) Applied Accounting

Dear Tahir Farooq,

Please guide Zulfiqar Ali Halari ,

with regards,

M. Anees Sadozai

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From Zulfiqar Ali Halari [mailtozulfiqar.halari@]
Sent Tuesday, June 13, 2006 128 AM
To zulfiqar.halari@

Dear Sir,

Salaam.

I need the help of HEC by telling me about the validity of

BSc (Hons) Applied Accounting from Oxford Brookes University Business School.

The detailed information about this can be found at

http//www.business.brookes.ac.uk/study/ug/acca/index.html

What I want to know is that

1. If this degree program is fully recognized by HEC in Pakistan?

2. If on the basis of above degree, a person can get admission in any university of Pakistan for any Masters level course, such as MBA from Karachi University Business School, IBA Karachi, LUMS?

3. If this degree program can get a person admitted to any American, Canadian or Australian university' masters level degree program?

Thanking you in advance for your kind-cooperation.

Regards

- zulfiqar_halari - 07-04-2006

Any response.

- ausmanpk2001 - 07-06-2006

there is nothing to say....

- Pracs - 07-08-2006

That's quite strange, my understanding was that a UK Bachelors degree is recognised in Pakistan in that catogery itself.

- derivativetrader - 07-09-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>
<br />That's quite strange, my understanding was that a UK Bachelors degree is recognised in Pakistan in that catogery itself.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I really don't think that's any strange policy. UK or any other foreign degrees should be acceptable as long as they are achieved through studying in the respective country. Otherwise, it may be difficuclt to verify whether the work that is submitted for review to such unis as Oxford Brookes is of the individual, in the case for ACCA.

On a separate note, Prac, I think we should have a get together soon. I am in the Liverpool St area for the next couple of months, so pls let me know your availabilities and we should meet once again for catch up etc. Pls also try to get along Goodman and ASK?

DT

- Pracs - 07-09-2006

DT,.. WELL, infact I and Goodman agreed for a get together for the third or fourth week of July (can't remember which one that was)...so might as well do it,, I am not sure if ASK is back from Pakistan or not..but let me make a couple of calls next week...

We'll discusss about the legality of OB Uni BSc.. then and fill me in around what's happening since we last met.

- derivativetrader - 07-10-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>
<br />DT,.. WELL, infact I and Goodman agreed for a get together for the third or fourth week of July (can't remember which one that was)...so might as well do it,, I am not sure if ASK is back from Pakistan or not..but let me make a couple of calls next week...

We'll discusss about the legality of OB Uni BSc.. then and fill me in around what's happening since we last met.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Pracs, as far as my schedule is concerned, I think I would prefer an evening meal during the week. Pls let me know as soon any thing get organised. I finish work 6ish around liverpool st. so pls make adjustments accordingly.

Looking fwd to more details as they develop.

DT

- usmankhalid - 07-10-2006

BSC HONS was just a marketing campaign of AccA to get more kids in its accounting programme. Its like buying a free degree. Lets pray that HEC never accept this junk degree!

- Arnold - 07-11-2006

A Marketing Campaign You Say BSC Hons Degree Is a Marketing Strategy of the ACCA Comon Grow up Kid Acca Does not need any Kind of Marketing at all It is just ensuring that all of its students get the Quality Education there is. And by the Way how many people know about the ACCA by this Degree Or join it just because they will be able to an Honours Degree