Accountancy Forum
Rahman Sarfaraz in top 10 or not - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Rahman Sarfaraz in top 10 or not (/showthread.php?tid=3450)

Rahman Sarfaraz in top 10 or not - Muhammad Arslan - 06-24-2006

I wanna ask a question from you guys that whether Rahman Sarfaraz& co is in top 10 firms in lahore or not and khalid majid rahman sarfraz is the same firm or different firm please reply in this forum to me and also email me on that address jackal_mind@yahoo.com.

- Pracs - 06-24-2006

Khalid Majid is a different firm, I do not know if any of the partners have joined Rahman Sarfraz..., not as per ICAP's members directory.

- Pracs - 06-24-2006

This is a list one of the forum members put on from Lahore prespective

http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3809&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=bdo
1-PwC A.F. Ferguson & Co. Chartered Accountants.
2-KPMG Taseer Hadi & Co. Chartered Accountants.
3-E&Y Ford Rhodes Sidat Hyder & Co. Chartered Accountants.
4-Deloitte M/S Yousaf Adil Saleem & Co. Chartered Accountants /Grant Thornton Anjum, Asim, Shahid, Rehman & Co. Chartered Accountants.
5-Riaz Ahmed & Co. Chartered Accountants.
6-Hameed Chaudhari & Co. Chartered Accountants.
7-BDO Ebrahim & Co. Chartered Accountants.

This is my list;

think I can commit a top 5 list

http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3851&SearchTerms=anjum,asim

1)A F Ferguson & Co.-PwC
2)Ford Rhodes Sidat Hyder & Co. - E&Y
3)KPMG Taseer Hadi Khalid
4)Muhammed Yusuf Adil Saleem & Co. - Deloitte
5)Anjum Asim Shahid Rahman (Grant Thorton)

Some of the non Top 6 firms may be at a higher ranking than 4 downwards but for the purpose of articles I think its very important to article with a firm with top notch foreign affiliations. Other firms in no particular order are

6)Ebrahim & Co.(BDO Stoy Hayward)
7)Hameed Chaudhri & Co.
8)Hussain Rehman
9)Rahman Sarfraz & Co.
10)Riaz Ahmed & Co.
11)S A Salam & Co.
12)S M Masood & Co. (Nexia International)
13)Mohmammed Idrees Masood (Backer Tilly)
14)Syed Hussain & Co. (Moore Stephens & Co.)

This is more of a Lahore specific list, so there may be some differences from no. 5 and below in Karachi and Islamabad.

- Schuaeb - 07-02-2006

Mr. Pracs, this is just an opinion, and i too dont have any facts. But I guess this list of yours need a bit of updation. Perhaps this is because you are not in Lahore. Whatever, I can never claim that I have got more knowledge about this list.

Anjum Asim at No. 5, atleast its a bit stunning for me. My info regarding all this is restricted to my batch mates workin for different firms

- maani - 07-02-2006

Schuaeb which firm is at No. 5 as per your information.......I know some people working in World Call, articled from Riaz Ahmed & Co. They claim that their firm is at No. 5.......

- Pracs - 07-02-2006

Schuaeb we are all entitled to our opinions,.. being not in Lahore does not effect my ability to suggest a link because it is after all an opinion and a lot of claims, until we have 'financial information' about the

- Schuaeb - 07-04-2006

Pracs I do not doubt your ability to suggest, infact I aslo depend upon your suggestion regarding ranking of firms.

Being in the stage of joining a firm, also a lot of friends recently have undergone the same.

I am not directly concerned with top 10, however, majority of the students have got this preference list

AFF
FRSH
KTH
MYASCO
Riaz Ahmed
Hameed Ch.
Hussain Ch.
Anjum Asim....
S M Masood
BDO

Anjum Asim at no. 5, atleast stunning for me, I know quite a no of students who have given Riaz Ahmed and Hameed Ch. preference over it.
S. A. Salam in top 10! Only your list was the source from where i get to know this, otherwise, we people do not consider it even in top 20

Comin down the list, perhaps more of my concern (currently in the procedure)
Rehman Sarfraz is at the top.
Syed Hussain
Fazal Mehmood
Gardeezi (hyder bhymji)
Avais Hyder
Mushtaq and co.
And the list goes on. May be i have missed some names

I am quite short of time at the moment so talk bout it latter

- Schuaeb - 07-06-2006

I make sure that I am not at all doubting anyones knowledge. This is just to improve my knowledge through logical arguments and undoubtedly much expert opinion of some other members. As I explained earlier I have passed through all this process and many of my batch mates too (recently)

So, this atleast is the most accepted prefrence list in my community. Different opinions ofcourse are there regarding Anjum Asim..., students of Riaz Ahmad claim that they are undoubtedly better, atleast at the moment, than MYASCO, huge difference in the number of trainees is among their leading arguments. You well know what the student of KTH thinks, and to some extent it is right as at the moment perhaps they have got the max no. of listed audits.

All this info is much Lahore specific, situation may be much different in other cities.