Accountancy Forum
information rquired for MR Pracs too - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: information rquired for MR Pracs too (/showthread.php?tid=3455)

information rquired for MR Pracs too - chaser - 06-25-2006

this was the question Mr pracs over which i had doubts about ur answer so please justify ur answer.
i am coming to pakistan due to family reasons, which one of the top4 in islamabad and do they help you in getting a good job after internship.i have posted that question before but the response was mix.
i am ACCA qualified and currently in london.
please justify ur answer.

- Pracs - 06-26-2006

Please go ahead and read your original thread

http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3637

I think I was the first one to come up with a reply and then Ali and Abdur rehman gave you details on your question. I have seent that as sufficient. I still don't know what you are trying to get at?

If you are who you say you are,. this should never have been a question. But None of the Big4 will 'get you a job'. It works like any other part of the business, you train at a firm, become part of a network and that networking helps you on. A partner or so may put a good word for you when asked to. One of your clients may offer you a job once your articles are done, that sort of a thing.

Now this is my opinion, so unfortunately I cannot base it on facts and as you have demanded cannot 'Justify' my answer because this is my opinion and impression. Perhaps others will have a different opinion, perhaps not. But Please don't flame me on this.

You need to learn to read what other's say and recognise the difference between facts, opinion, impresseions, professional judgement and professional advice.

- chaser - 06-26-2006

so in the end it depends on your Relatioship with partners and senior's with in the firm.
which firm you recon in islamabad to join ?

- Pracs - 06-28-2006

I would'nt say its all black and white, this among many other factors will contribute to your success in career. These include ofcourse your technical skills, exposure, people/client skills and being there for the right opportunities !!

Having your ex employer 'endorsing' you is always a positive things.. the world over.

- chaser - 06-28-2006

as i told you that i am working as finance controller and never worked for the practice and also as i doing ICAEW would you think that only ACCA is enough for Pakistan or i should do ICAEW after all its the same thing, I m doing ICAEW only caz i m going to Pakistan otherwise i not in favour of another degree caz people say ACCA does not have any value in paksitan.
what i believe is that i m here so why not do ICAEW, i mean doesn't give oppurnity always you have pick it up at right time and right place and with accountancy practice experience accountant is nothing.

please advice

- Pracs - 06-28-2006

I would recommend you to go ahead with your ICAEW (that is if it does not impede in any way your career growth) that will go a long way in the Pakistani Market. I know it does not make much of a difference here, but in Pakistan it would

- chaser - 06-28-2006

cheers bro and one last question which firm should i join in islamabad in terms of future prospects just give me a name plzz i m too much confused caz everybody says that the firm in which he is working is gr8.

- Pracs - 06-29-2006

Personally I would be indifferent between any of the Big3 (AFF, FRSH, KPMGTHK) if you have the option of getting into any one of them look at the clientle and see what industry are you interested in working in the future, ie Oil and gas, Financial Services, etc.

We already know some of the KPMG clients,.. you could find out more about AFF and FRSH.

- chaser - 06-29-2006

according to my knowledge FRSH got most of the banks in pakistan and other institutins but due to thier flaws in audit they cant do the audit on thier own they need another firm to help.
and also ford rhode and sidat hyder are two different firms working in one office.
and also i want to work for manufatcuring or oil and gas(my fav) so the choice remains b/w AFF and KPMG , but AFF in islamabad is not good client vise based on knowledge collected from friends on the phones and internet.i haven't been to firm so planning to go next year.
one more question im already 27 year old with 2years experience so do you think that i should give another 3years to practice, will they give any weight to my qualifications and experience after checking my work for 7 to 8months after joining.
caz i m too confused and the only reason for taking the bet are my parent caz i want to be with them in thier old age and they are retiring next year, so plz give some advice.

- maani - 06-30-2006

So you are again trying to prove that KPMG is the best?????????
Don't say this that I shud not jump into this thread, as it is a public forum.......

- chaser - 06-30-2006

i have said that i have never been to any firm in pakistan and i need advice which firm should i join and people in this forum have said and tried to proof that KPMG is good but if you are saying thatAFF is best prove it caz i know that FRSH is no way near these firms.
and as usual everybody working in firm says that his firm is best.
and i need information

- maani - 06-30-2006

If you have never been to any firm in Pakistan then how do you come to know that FRSH is no way near "these firms"?
No one is trying to prove that his firm is best except one member.

- chaser - 06-30-2006

becuase FRSH is doing most of the audit with another firm, so three firms are doing the audit plus either you have to join FR or SH and its not the same firm they are working in one office and also i know that still AFF is the best in pakistan but my search is for islamabad.
information about FRSH was given by Farhan at LCA and Umair tariq and others pakis working in FTC.
justify your answers plzz maani on FRSH

- Pracs - 07-01-2006

Chaser, go ahead with KPMG,, as I have said I am indifferent between the Big3,.. as far as another three years is concerned, I reckon you want to go for an ICAP articleship and pass the CA exams. If that is the case and you do not have an issue with money I would say to go ahead for that because since you plan to then continue on in Pakistan CA would be the prime qualification.

Bear in mind that your peer group would be some thing like 21-22. You may me given some edge and taken up in the stream of a Semi Senior (but don't bet on it). Things are still quite regimented in Pakistan. One of my peers in a Big4 in Lahore was an ACMA (exam qualified) who started up as a Junior/Assistant (he had a year's worth of training in a small firm)and went through the complete routine of a from Assistant to Senior.