Accountancy Forum
Which one in big4 is better in working conditions - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Which one in big4 is better in working conditions (/showthread.php?tid=3476)

Pages: 1 2 3

- smurfyazhar - 07-11-2006

join KPMG or FRSH

- ausmanpk2001 - 07-11-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by smurfyazhar</i>
<br />join KPMG or FRSH
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
which one is better?

- Schuaeb - 07-12-2006

Usman a number of problems are there, long hours is one among them, at most of the places your extra hours are adjusted against your leaves.

My main objection was a number of reasonless unnecessary thing present in most of the firms.

At my place things in this regard are much better, since somewhat less than two years I am there.

Environment what I have heard is better in FRSH than KPMG

- ausmanpk2001 - 07-13-2006

FRSH means ford rhodes sidat hyder? wht about furgosen? are you based at islamabad?

- Schuaeb - 07-14-2006

No, if you are talkin bout me I am in Lahore. But the prefrences regarding top3 are almost same Pakistan wise
1-AFF
2-FRSH
3-KPMG

- ausmanpk2001 - 07-14-2006

i met a person working in fergosun, he said that its the best firm, its not like tasir hadi jo gadhooon ki tarah kaam karatey hain. it was his words......

thanks for ur generous replies, schuaeb

- Pracs - 07-14-2006

Well, just my personal experience,..AFF has a much balanced outlook for trainees (atleast that was the case in my days) ofcourse you had your days/months but they were quite good with letting people of on study leave and stuff and the firm is really interested in having their trainees qualify.

I am not saying that other firms do not do that, but I have known colleagues to complain otherwise, especially at KPMG (this may have changed).

Ofcourse things change with time....

- Schuaeb - 07-15-2006

Gadhoon ki trha kam well it might be the case at most of the places. So, gadhoon ki trha kam kerna ka mind bana ker hi you go for some firm.

Usmans it seems that all top3 are willing to recruit you, it is not the case with majority of the students. I mean there are not many students who are given the choice to select among top3.

Agreed with Pracs but don't have the exact idea.

- ausmanpk2001 - 07-15-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Schuaeb</i>
<br />Gadhoon ki trha kam well it might be the case at most of the places. So, gadhoon ki trha kam kerna ka mind bana ker hi you go for some firm.

Usmans it seems that all top3 are willing to recruit you, it is not the case with majority of the students. I mean there are not many students who are given the choice to select among top3.

Agreed with Pracs but don't have the exact idea.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
yea [)]
ur r right
i was getting offer thru reference from kpmg a few days back. now i am searching for some reference for other firms.

- maani - 07-15-2006

"i was getting offer", means the offer is lapsed...
Are you a CA-Inter...

- Schuaeb - 07-15-2006

Means you are confident of getting call from a better one. Normally what is suggested in cases like yours, join a firm, (KPMG in your case) and keep trying for something better. And , perhaps KPMG is as good as any other.

Maani, he got to be a CA Inter otherwise, he wont wait after having call from KPMG

- maani - 07-16-2006

tou phir KPMG wala reference he theek hai, baki firms k references ka achar dalna hai kya...as I dont think a reference in Ferguson will works now, as they have already taken the trainees about a month ago...

- Abdur.Rehman - 07-16-2006

Well i m quite late to this topic as i was working like a gadha at the audit of Mobilink and i think that i shud add something as i m representing KPMG here.
Well Mr. Usman Shueb is right that u shud make up ur mind to work like gadhas if u are going to join any of big 4. About 25 people of my batch and class qualified CA inter with me or six months later. 10 of them are at AFF, 5 at FRSH, 7 at KPMG and 3 at Deloite. I have interaction with all of them. and the situation is same in the big 3. Deloite is developing...
I think that meeting tough deadlines and working long hours helps u alot in ur professional development. But too much of it takes u away from ur studies which is not good. I KPMG u wud get 2-3 relaxed months in a year which u shud cash. There is absolutely no issue with exam leaves for first attempt. But as the number of leaves is fixed by ICAP, u may have problems in getting the same number of leaves for second and third attempt.
I acknowledge that 4-5 years back KPMG was not like wut it is now. The work load is 10 times more, but there has been a real change in the attitude of seniors and managers as told by our managers regarding their experience when they were trainees. it is growing like an awalanchee.
I passed the test of both KPMG and AFF and got a call from both, but based on my Istikhara i joined KPMG. i would suggest u to do the same if u have an option between the two.
But if u want to make a decision of ur own i wud suggest u to join any of KPMG or AFF based on ur preference. AFF has a very big name and very good Goodwill. But factually speaking they have lost many of their clients.
Best of luck...

- ausmanpk2001 - 07-17-2006

thanks guys. i am not a ca inter, but an acca student.
Actually that offer was thru a refernce. The post i was being offered was of acca trainee..... I think one can get these kinds of posts any time in the year........
actually i was confused whether to join firm at this time or not... i am still confused..... thinking of doing ca or just acca........

- Abdur.Rehman - 07-17-2006

Well if u r planning to do CA, then dont join the firm until u complete ur ACCA. Because ICAP counts ur articles from the date u get exemption from CA inter. And u will not get that exemption until u complete ur ACCA.