Accountancy Forum
Which one in big4 is better in working conditions - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Which one in big4 is better in working conditions (/showthread.php?tid=3476)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Schuaeb - 07-19-2006

Agreed, with Abdur Rehman. Training should be started after completing ACCA by one who want to do CA.

What I wanted to add here is working like Gadha's is not only restricted to Big3. My friends in Hameed Ch. may be are having the worst opinion, just talking about work load

- ausmanpk2001 - 07-19-2006

This post wud be very helpful to many people!!!!

- Pracs - 07-19-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Schuaeb</i>
<br />Agreed, with Abdur Rehman. Training should be started after completing ACCA by one who want to do CA.

What I wanted to add here is working like Gadha's is not only restricted to Big3. My friends in Hameed Ch. may be are having the worst opinion, just talking about work load
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

If you are talking about Hameed Ch in Lahore,.. well they got to be the King of al 'Gs'.. one of my very close friends went out to article there and I think I saw very little of him during the four years (despite the fact that he lived just next street)But I am told he thoroughly enjoyed the experience!

- XBRL - 07-22-2006

whats G

- Pracs - 07-22-2006

G refers to an animal looked down upon in the south asian context but is highly revered in the west as some one who is hard working (not necessarily creative) and .... guess you have figured it out. If not do gimme a shout..

- Schuaeb - 07-25-2006

King of Gs is Hameed Ch (Lhr), agrubly yes. However, situation is somewhat different as it used to be there. This is what some ppl there say. One reason of work load there is the no. of trainees is very less as compared to other firms having same king of work magnitude.

A very close friend of mine is there and situation is same as Pracs mentioned. However, all there may not thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

An example which I have heard is a trainee working there lost his sane, reason being obvious the kind of environment and work load. Atleast in the light of this example I consider myself lucky not being there.

- ausmanpk2001 - 07-25-2006

I started this post for my personal problem but now I think that it wud be very useful & helpful for everyone think to get into a firm.

- Muhammad_Ali - 07-25-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>
<br />G refers to an animal looked down upon in the south asian context but is highly revered in the west as some one who is hard working (not necessarily creative) and .... guess you have figured it out. If not do gimme a shout..
Although i m new over here yet i enjoyed a lot............... specially ur definition for Gs inspired me.......... lolz[)]
Excellent touch of humour accompanying true abstract figure of a trainee student in pakistani firms.....lolz

- Pracs - 07-26-2006

Glad to see that an accountant/prospective accountant has the sense of homour to appreciate my 'creative writing' for a moment there I thought people would be offended, as often is the case here

- Muhammad_Ali - 07-27-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>
<br />Glad to see that an accountant/prospective accountant has the sense of homour to appreciate my 'creative writing' for a moment there I thought people would be offended, as often is the case here

[)]thanks

- Schuaeb - 07-27-2006

Accountants/prospective accountants are human so they got to have some sense of humour. It's generally beleived that accountants are least creative, I guess untill now I am not but if I continue with this accountancy thing I will become one among least creative people.

Deifinition of Gs was more realistic than humorous, so full marks to you Pracs, and I guess XBRL must have got his answer till now

- XBRL - 07-29-2006

actually i have another def for Gs which i may not portray over here thaz y i wanted explanation ))