Accountancy Forum
is the scope of CA falling down in firms - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: is the scope of CA falling down in firms (/showthread.php?tid=358)

Pages: 1 2 3

- awaisaftab - 02-12-2009

Hi guys ,
I don't want to use any word against ICA or CA's but in job market the CA's are facing very tough competition. Some years ago the C.A's were Job Market Leaders ACMA's and ACCA's found very rarely in the market. In nineties the output of ICMA increased and many companies started recruiting ACMA's.
In today's competitive world the price of all services and products are market driven
Usually CA's demand very handsome salaries and there was a time when they had no competitors in the market. ACMA’s and ACCA’s has proved that they are not less than CA’s in skills and competencies. ]
Thanks and Regards

Awais Aftab

- awaisaftab - 02-12-2009

Irfan bhayee

There is large difference between maths and accounting even at a master stage the maths links with physics. Do you know Dr. Abdul Salam did M.Sc in maths and did Ph.D in Physics. The Calculus is the main part of mathematics. I think you have read Calculus in second year. Calculus don't use in accounting at all.

Regards

Awais Aftab

- kamranACA - 02-12-2009

Good info Awais.

Be happy if this makes you. You know what is what.

Regards,

Kamran.

- Pracs - 02-13-2009

Yes Awais, Maths, Statistics, Calculus have got nothing to do with Accountancy.. how true. Although I do find some similarities with Human biology and Anthropology. What say you ?

- awaisaftab - 02-13-2009

Kamran,

I had not passed any comments against CAs.

Dear you have said that the prices of goods and services are market driven. Today all businesses are searching the ways to cut their costs. If an ACMA or ACCA,with similar capabilities as a CA holds, ready to work almost 50 to 75 percent of package ,demanded by a CA. Why a company shall not appoint him?
I have no hate against any qualification. I started my professional career with an audit firm where I got knowledge of basics of practical accouting from CA's. The person who guided me how the accounts of a company are finalized and the disclosure requirements to the account was also a CA finalist.

Pracs ,

I read biology only at matric level. I have neever been interested in life sciences at all.

I dont know about any link or relation between biology and anthropology.

There is a litle embiguity in your last post tell me openly what you want to say.

You say that statistics and calculus has nothing to do with accounting but in my opinion very basic concepts of maths and statistics are used in finance.

Thanks and regard.

Awais Aftab

- kamranACA - 02-13-2009

Awais,

It's good for him, if some one wishes to cut the cost that way.

One of my client has recently faced a great mess created by a professional ( I don't mention though what he was but for sure he was not CA) which they claim was hired on market price. Their CEO requested me last day to recommend CFO for them and refer some one. I told him that the CFO I will refer would get more than three times of what they were paying.

Client appears to be more than willing to pay such an amount for a suitable person.

Costs cannot be reduced that way as per my perception. I may be wrong since I carry no claim for perfection!!!

Regards,

KAMRAN.

Kamran

I am 110% agree with you wrong HR decision especially relating to accounts may be more costly. But recruiting only the holders of one professional qualification is not guarantee of good HR decisions.

There are thousands of B.Comers and MBA's who hold good posistion relating to account and finance even in big multinational companies.
Surely a B.commer or MBA has lessor skills than any professional accountant.

Regards,

Awais

- kamranACA - 02-13-2009

Dear,

I did not say that I have sent any particular qualification holder for that organization.

In fact I did not discuss any particular qualification at all except for saying that previous one was not CA.

I just wanted to discuss the issue of costs. Cost saving on some fronts can ruine everything.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

- kamranACA - 02-13-2009

Awais,

Market driven does not mean that two un-identical things could be priced at similar level or one of them can compensate the other merely because it is less in price.

This is just an explanation of your query.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

Kamran

you have you own ideas and you have full right to express them. I cannot change your view.
Everyone has the right to express his ideas

Regards

- kamranACA - 02-13-2009

Sure buddy!

- Pracs - 02-14-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>
<br />Yes Awais, Maths, Statistics, Calculus have got nothing to do with Accountancy.. how true. Although I do find some similarities with Human biology and Anthropology. What say you ?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Lost in translation