Accountancy Forum
Done B.com - Now what ? Help Needed - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Done B.com - Now what ? Help Needed (/showthread.php?tid=3603)

Done B.com - Now what ? Help Needed - afzal - 07-24-2006

Asslam-o-alaikum !!!
I have done the following Prog.

Metric from DPS with 71% Marks
ICS from APS with 70% Marks
B.comm from Agriculture Univ. Faisalabad with Inshallah (66% Marks ) Waiting for results ...

Now what are the options do I have ?

2ndly I am thinking of Acca .. Is it a good option for me ?? From where I should do ?? SKANS ?? UCAT .. ??

Thank YOu.
Allah Hafiz

- ausmanpk2001 - 07-25-2006

ACCA will be a good option. You already belong from accounting background so you have to make a career in this..

Give CIMA a think too. CIMA exempts all ICMA papers & you just have to do 3 years experience.

You can also try for MBA from LUMS or IBA

Skans & UCAT are both good. It actually depend on you, self study. The tuition center doesn't matters much. Believe me!!
You have reasonable academic record, so just go with determination & dedication.

- afzal - 07-25-2006

Mashallah,

Very Nice answer, I will Inshallah take a look @ CIMA too, but again from where I have to ?? Which is the best Institue for it ..

Is it better than Acca ?? as far as salary and time is concerned ??

I have seen much about ACMA ... what is it ? can I do it ??

- ausmanpk2001 - 07-26-2006

Try Skans coz it has more reputation.

I think now a days CIMA & ACCA are same in pak market but it depends on from where you have done your practical experience.

But CIMA could be (not necessarily) if you do ur experience from some biggest firm. If ou want to do CA then use the ACCA route..

When someone completes all ICMAP exams + 3 years of experience in management accounting, he becomes an ACMA... visit www.icmap.com.pk for more info
ACMA had been rewarding but now I have heard that its salary level has gone way down.

- fsiddiqui - 07-26-2006

ASSALAMuALAIKUM!
Afzal bhai if u want to do ICMAP so it is better to go direct in rather than after CIMA coz u can have ur three years of xperience while studies by virtue of its placement depart. regarding wat is icmap, it is a INSTITUTE OF COST AND MANAGEMENT ACCONTANTS OF PAKISTAN. this is one of the only three charterd INSTITUTE in the field of accounts the worth and demand of it graduate is rapidly increasing but it has approximately the same demerits as ICAP.
but i can very wel observe in news paper that there is a demand even for part Qualifieds.
ICAP offers same EXEMPTION for ACCA and ICMAP.

BEST OF LUCK!

- afzal - 07-26-2006

Mashallah,

So, In the name of Allah (j.s) Do i start CMA from icmap, I have done B.comm so hope I will get some advnatage ..

Is it right ??

- ausmanpk2001 - 07-27-2006

You may get some placement but I have seen many persons trying to do CIMA for ages & they haven't yet completed it. In addition that placement wont give you good money (if you think that) it wud be more like an internship.

I have seen people getting f****d but they weren't able to complete that qualification. In actual, I have only seen 2 persons who have done that & dozens who weren't able to complete ICMA till their 30's. In the end they left & many of them applied to UK Student visa for CIMA & the rest quietly started their full time jobs & marriage.

And, you can also get placement while doing CIMA. Although, it might not be very easy.
If you start ICMA, then you may regret your decision after 2/3 years. The result is same. After CIMA, you can get whole ICMA exempted, you will have both degrees CIMA & ICMA...

Best of Luck to you.

- Schuaeb - 07-27-2006

I don't have got enough knowledge about all this, so Usman you mean that ICMA is tougher than CIMA, and, ofcourse in terms of reward CIMA is better.

I have also seem a couple of example regretting their ICMA decision.

Where do you place ICMA in terms of reward in Pakistani Market? Also what about ACCA, is it a better option than CIMA?

- FARHAN85 - 07-28-2006

in my opinion

dont do cma
it is time consuming and hardly complete
if u want to do cma then you will do it from karachi lahore or islamabad

in other cities quality of education is not good

- afzal - 07-28-2006

Yes, Brother Farhan, I will be applying in ICMA Islamabad, Inshallah.

Well, can any body tell me about "CMA" and its scope as brother ausmanpak and fsiddiqui.

- ausmanpk2001 - 07-29-2006

CIMA & ICMA are the same quals.
CIMA is the UK version of ICMA.
CIMA stands for Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
ICMA for Institute of Chartered Management Accountants

If you comple CIMA, then you can apply for complete exemption of ICMA. Means you will get the ICMA degree WITHOUT any more hurdle.

No doubt CIMA is a tough but 1 thing that I can assure you, ICMA is 1000 times more tougher than CIMA. The rest is upto you. Give it a think again. Tht cud be the most horrible & time wasting decision of ur life.

- FARHAN85 - 07-31-2006

in my opinion also

dont do icma

do cima
by doing this you will save your time

but last decision is yours