Accountancy Forum
when to apply in firms? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: when to apply in firms? (/showthread.php?tid=3626)

Pages: 1 2

when to apply in firms? - sulemankhawaja - 07-29-2006

what is the best time to apply as atrainee student in big 4?after taking examination of module D or after results.if we apply after result then will it not late our module E attempt by 6 months.

- Schuaeb - 07-30-2006

Best time to apply is after module D results, because most of the firms do not accept CVs before result. And, even if you apply before results you will be registered after results.

- maani - 07-31-2006

After result of Module D...

- Durraiz - 08-19-2006

Well if you are in Karachi, you have to apply right after exams... on tuesday following the IT paper...

- creativemind - 09-14-2006

why da rule for applyin is different in khi n other citiez of pak?
the rule shud b applicable to da whole country.
plz reply in this regard

- Schuaeb - 09-15-2006

There is supposed to be not much difference, but if it really is, no idea about the reasons

- Chase - 09-19-2006

And when should ACCA students apply?

- maani - 09-19-2006

For CA Articles, ACCA qualified students should also apply after CA Inter result, otherwise they can apply at any time...

- Schuaeb - 09-20-2006

One of the best ways for ACCA students to apply for articles is after completing ACCA and getting CA Inter exemptions from ICAP, because CA firms are not very comfortable in recruiting ACCA. This reluctance may be due to that they feel that the student may quit at any time.

If one does not want to do CA articles he can join anytime while ACCA, but big firms won't recruit such students without reference.

- Chase - 09-22-2006

Aren't CA articles the same as ACCA articles?

- Schuaeb - 09-23-2006

Articles, ofcourse, same for both. The differences are that in case of ACCA articles in firm are not mandatory, secondly recruiting criterions of firms are different.

- Sunny84 - 09-23-2006

i've just started my classes for Mod-D. Please tell me when to apply in firms in the following cases
1. if i get even a single subject Ref at the end of Mod-D, may i still apply for articleship or do i need to clear that paper first.
2. in case of hoping to pass all subjects, should i apply for articleship before my result or after the result.
I have a lot of confusion regarding this matter.

- Schuaeb - 09-24-2006

Sunny whole of this thread is the answer of your question. THE BEST TIME TO APPLY FOR TRAINNING IS AFTER MODULE D RESULTS (PROVIDED YOU PASS)

- dhoom - 09-25-2006

Schuaeb can you please tell me that if any student want to do articleship after 2 years of CA Inter,then will the firms recruit such students?Will such person need to submit the CV or fill the form which they issue immediately after Module-D Exams?

- Schuaeb - 09-26-2006

Ofcourse many firms will be willingly to recruit him, and he can apply at any time. However, normally firms recruit students after results. But I would recommend such student should submit his CV with firms the time he decides to start articles