Accountancy Forum
plz tell me abt CPA in pakistan - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: plz tell me abt CPA in pakistan (/showthread.php?tid=375)

plz tell me abt CPA in pakistan - the_farhan - 10-30-2003

<font face='Verdana'>
hi all ... AOA

can ne1 tell me some thing abt CPA (certified public accountants)??? i have already vizited the sites if CIPFA.org.uk ... i wanna know wht is the scope n job market of CPA in pakistan? which institutes r offering CPA tutions here?

salaam (Y)
</font id='Verdana'>

FARHAN

- sumaaan - 10-30-2003

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
<font face='Verdana'>
hi all ... AOA

can ne1 tell me some thing abt CPA (certified public accountants)??? i have already vizited the sites if CIPFA.org.uk ... i wanna know wht is the scope n job market of CPA in pakistan? which institutes r offering CPA tutions here?

salaam (Y)
</font id='Verdana'>

FARHAN
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

CPA or Certified Public Accountant is not what you become after doing CIPFA... CIPFA or Chartered Institute of Public and Finance Accountants is a UK Accountancy Body, and the most expensive qualification amongst other accountancy qualifications (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, etc.)...

Whereas, CPA is an American based qualification... www.aicpa.com (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants)

It would be easier to give you appropriate information if you can clarify which qualification you're talking about.

Note Someone would have answered in the first place if you wouldn't have posted your question on all the sections of the forum. Please try to post your question only once.

- the_farhan - 10-31-2003

<font face='Verdana'>
hi all, AOA
thnx sumaan, for responding, i shall take care 2 post the msg only once ... actuall, i wanted all the ppl 2 read it n i dont know whether all the membrs vizit all the forums or not ...
newayz, yes u got it right, i m inquiring abt CPA ... thnx 4 correcting me tht it is AICPA for CPA, otherwise, i thought tht CIPFA is also for CPA ... can u plz tell me wht CIPFA is all about???
one more question, can u tell me abt CFA in pakistan??? i have searched the entire pakistan (by google.com.pk)2 chk the job opportunities n career progress for CFAs but couldny get some big deal ... one thing i wanna know is tht is CFA only for investment sectors n portfolio mgmt??? r they working in banking n insurance sectors only??? or wht other fields they can go ??? can they work in other big national/international companies??? or they r just in investment field???

thnx 3 replying, once again
salaaaaam
(Y)
</font id='Verdana'>

FARHAN

- sumaaan - 11-02-2003

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
<font face='Verdana'>
hi all, AOA
thnx sumaan, for responding, i shall take care 2 post the msg only once ... actuall, i wanted all the ppl 2 read it n i dont know whether all the membrs vizit all the forums or not ...
newayz, yes u got it right, i m inquiring abt CPA ... thnx 4 correcting me tht it is AICPA for CPA, otherwise, i thought tht CIPFA is also for CPA ... can u plz tell me wht CIPFA is all about???
one more question, can u tell me abt CFA in pakistan??? i have searched the entire pakistan (by google.com.pk)2 chk the job opportunities n career progress for CFAs but couldny get some big deal ... one thing i wanna know is tht is CFA only for investment sectors n portfolio mgmt??? r they working in banking n insurance sectors only??? or wht other fields they can go ??? can they work in other big national/international companies??? or they r just in investment field???

thnx 3 replying, once again
salaaaaam
(Y)
</font id='Verdana'>

FARHAN
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I'm still confused as to what you're trying to inquire about... CPA, CFA or CIPFA...

CPA as mentioned before, is an American Accountancy Body... Remember this, our country is the United States of ICAP... ICAP is the President and ICAP is the King... In our market, there is monopoly of ICAP...

So in the accountancy and related markets, you cannot to a certain level appraise a foreign accountancy qualification with ICAP (with the exception of ICAEW)...

CFA or Chartered Financial Analyst (www.aimr.org) too is an American originated qualification known worldwide... CFAs practice in Investment Companies, Insurance sectors, etc etc... The official statistics are as follows

Investment Companies 25%
Investment Banks 19%
Investment Management Counselling Firms 14%
Banks 13%
Consulting Firms 6%
Insurance Companies 5%
Others 18%

The study of CFA is more like that of an Actuary.

CPA as mentioned before, governs American markets... The monopoly of CPA is such great in USA, that negligible or no exemptions are offered for other accountancy qualifications such as CA's from ICAEW and ICAP and ACCAs.

- safi - 11-08-2003

i wud like to know about cpa certified public accountancy which is a usa based accountancy degrees is it recognised degree and wat is the time process im planing to go to usa to do cpa but some more information wud definately help
thank u
safi ali

- Paki - 11-11-2003

pakistan may sirf CA (ICAP wala) chalta hay, kia!!!! now there's a good demand for ACCA aswell.
but bottom line is that if you wanna venture the local market with a foreign qualification and want people to give you a red carpt treatment, then its not just the qualification but the foreign work experience that counts,,, kia!!!

Me rulz