Accountancy Forum
How much stipend should be? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: How much stipend should be? (/showthread.php?tid=3766)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Sarfaraz - 09-16-2006

As far as the matter of stipend is concerned now I think it should start from 5,000/- with an increase of 750/- quarterly and a bonus and increment on passing of papers that should decided by you ppl. Wink

- Schuaeb - 09-17-2006

Ahmad you are the one who is to make his decisions, but not very pleasing that you did not start articles after completing Inter.

Different people have different views about articles, there are many who thoroughly enjoy their articles and these constitute the majority.

Definitely, article ship is a very diversified training, and CA Inter is useless without articles.

However, everybody has his own views.

The concept of quarterly increment seems somewhat impracticable; however, annual increments must be there.

And for those who have not experienced article ship, a trainee's income is not only confined just to his stipend. A trainee spends most of his time at clients and gets daily allowances ranging from 100 to 300 or even more in various cases, 150-200 may be a fair guess. The remuneration a trainee gets in kind goes much beyond.

Some two years of my articles have passed, and I'm enjoying this period. No doubt I've much complains about stipend rate and have to depend upon my family to fulfill my monthly expenses.

One more thing, ICAP's president was also once a student, so when he did not show much concern about stipend rates, why should I!!!hahhahah

And, Pracs, if there are not many, quite some firms exist who dare to pay more than ICAP's prescribed minimum rates and most of them are not among top 5 or 10.

Shoaib

- Muhammad Ahmad - 09-18-2006

Dear Sarfraz & Shoaib,

Thanks for your Suggestions for Joining articles. In fact both of you are very right that one should must Join Articls after doing Inter. But you know, " Aur bhi gham hain Zamane main CA Kerne ke Siwa".
Further, To me it is not important that I donot have the eXposure that a trainee has. But, what i had Extreemly felt was that i could not be going to Qualify CA.

Dear Shoaib,

I withdraw my Recommendation after knowing your "Khaiylat". AAp aisa hi theek hain!!!!!!!!!!

- Schuaeb - 09-19-2006

Hmm,Ahmad I've smelled some TANZ in your last statement, but just to be enjoyed.

Sir, I emphatically stated that I'm a very strong HAAMI of your recomendations. Just wanted to say there is not all negative, I tried to highlight the slightest of positive things in the career of a trainee.

- Muhammad Ahmad - 09-19-2006

There was no TANZ yar! I enjoyed your remarks & just replied in the same manner.
But you see that approx all of us are of the opinion that stipend should be revised so as to enable trainees to manage his/her life with in this and reduce his/her dependence on family. So some one amongst us will have to take some steps even when he would become the president of ICAP!

- Schuaeb - 09-20-2006

But my question is still there, all who had been or who are in management of ICAP had been students. So, how can we assure that one of us will think about increasing the stipend if given a chance when previous ones haven't?

- zain_zk - 09-30-2006

people u have to see this with another point of view too. If renumeration and salaries for trainee students is increased, then the vacations for entering into articleship will decrease in the same proportion. The firms hire CA trainee students in a large quantity as it will help them to complete a lot of work for a lesser amount. Now if the salaries for trainee students r increased then automatically for adjusting firm profits, they will admit fewer students. This will affect students drastically. N moreover articleship is a part of CA education, n when doing articleship u dont have any such qualification too with urself. So we CA students have to pass through this hard time. N once u pass through this time then after articleships, ur salaries n facilites will show a completely opposite position.

- dhoom - 09-30-2006

I have one question to Mr Muhammad Ahmad.Did you immediately go for the job after passing CA Inter?Do you intend to do articleship in future?Please reply.

- Sarfaraz - 10-01-2006

Dear zain

I was doing Job at 14K before joining my articles and when I joined articles they offered me at 20K but to be a Chartered Accountant I joined articles at 3.2K.

The point is that at the age of almost 22-26 you cannot support your families or even urself in this field despite of the fact that your work is the highest paid. (

- noman - 10-06-2006

there are a lot of firms........as far as requirement of articles is considered...u can do it from less famous firms also......
smaller firms have posted ad type notices in places...offering higher than stipend and more leaves than icap rules....

- Schuaeb - 10-08-2006

No firm I know offers a stipened more than Rs. 500 than prescribed rates. And, students of big firms earn more (in the form of daily allowances)

- capricorn_me - 10-13-2006

daily allowences in AFF,

he he he he... lolz

- insaan - 10-13-2006

yah shueb i agree with u..e.g conveyance allowance of Rs30/km is given by AFF,additional conveyance allowance is also given in case of late nite sitting i.e after 9 by AFF n etc etc.

- insaan - 10-15-2006

mahtab bhai .. yeh admin aik dum lazy hai .... koi faida nahin ho gaa admin ko alert karnay kaa .... aisa lagta hai they just made this forum and hav never visited again....
Is accountancy forum per pata nahin kia kia ho raha hai ???

- accountant1 - 10-15-2006

muja tu yah MOBILE SHOP laghti hai,,,,,,, sub forum mobile ki adds sah fill hai