Accountancy Forum
ICAEW after ACCA - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: ICAEW after ACCA (/showthread.php?tid=3777)

ICAEW after ACCA - irfan2003 - 09-11-2006

salam
a friend of mine is doing acca.he have passed 6 papers
He want to join icaew training firm after passing the 14 papers of Acca,with no training of Acca.
Is it a possible route.Also he is searching for the monthly stipend of
an average ICAEW firm.

Pz help my friend and give me these information.
Thanks a lot i will be waiting for reply.

- ausmanpk2001 - 09-13-2006

It might be possible but its really difficult if he doesn;t have a uk work permit.

If he doesn't have one, then it will beee reallly very difficult & might be impossible.
I think some firms outside the UK also trains for ACA, he could try that but still it might be really very difficult

- Schuaeb - 09-17-2006

Irfan in the light of what I've heard, it is impossible

- Zikria Yamin - 10-01-2006

Irfan 2003
If your friend and you can afford the fee of FTC then move and join the classes of ICAEW on full time basis.
FTC Charges 3900 pounds for a single paper, which is a huge amount.

- irfan2003 - 10-01-2006

IF U R RIGHT THEN WHAT IS MEAN BY THIS.

On the basis of your ACCA examinations you may be eligible to claim
credits from one or more of the Professional Stage papers. Credit is
available on a paper for paper basis.

If you wish to apply for exemptions, based on your ACCA studies, you
will need to complete a Credit for Prior Learning application form. You
can download this form at www.icaew.co.uk/students and by clicking on
the Downloads icon on the right hand side of the screen.

Please call or e-mail if you need further help.

Regards

Marisa Gosling
Individual Client Services
ICAEW
Gloucester House
399 Silbury Boulevard
Milton Keynes
MK13 2HL
Tel no +44(1908) 248040
Fax no +44(1908) 23158
E-mailstudentsupport@icaew.co.uk

-----Original Message-----
From irfan afridi [mailtochocklate2004

- Zikria Yamin - 10-09-2006

Mr. Irfan Afridi
You can claim exemptions on the basis of your ACCA studies, JUST FOR THE PROFESSIONAL STAGE provided that you had studied UK Based,TAX & Corporate Law.
And for the Advance stage, not only you have to pass all the three papers (TATC 1, TATC 2 and ACS )but also have to get training contract.

If you think, You'll get exemptions out of Advance stage also, on the basis of your ACCA then I CANN'T SAY ANYTHING FOR YOU.

- Schuaeb - 10-12-2006

Irfan getting exemptions and a training contract are two different things. And, a work permit is a must for having a training contract in UK. Some of my friends after qualifying ACCA went to UK for the same purpose but were unable to get a training contract.

If you find a chance do try and let us know.

Shoaib

- Zikria Yamin - 10-12-2006

Can anybody explain, Why Pakistani People consider ICAEW more valuable than ICAP ?

I think, Only those people give periority to ICAEW who don't have ability to face and pass the exames of ICAP.

Being a Pakistani we must give prefrence to our ICAP rather than ICAEW.

- Zikria Yamin - 10-15-2006

Mahtab, You are Right.
There is a large group which always tries to trap people by telling them such stories.

Admin should have to take corrective action.

Regards
Zikria

- Pracs - 10-16-2006

The forum is now plagued with adverts and spammers all over, some one needs to do some thing soon

- Schuaeb - 10-17-2006

You are right guyz and something must be seriously done by admin. For all advertisers and spammers; you posts here won't bring any result so please leave.

About the e mail, I've received similar emails more than once. I don't understand the purpose of sending such mails.

- send2mjk - 10-18-2006

Techno Beavers will shortly be offering very limited seats for ICAEW training, hopefully in November 06.

- send2mjk - 11-03-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by irfan2003</i>
<br />salam
a friend of mine is doing acca.he have passed 6 papers
He want to join icaew training firm after passing the 14 papers of Acca,with no training of Acca.
Is it a possible route.Also he is searching for the monthly stipend of
an average ICAEW firm.

Pz help my friend and give me these information.
Thanks a lot i will be waiting for reply.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

If an individual is an ACCA affiliate then he is eligible for ACA training and the reason i am saying this is because currently we are filtering CVs for ACA training on this basis.

As far as stipend is concerned, there is nothing fixed and it can vary based on capabilities.

for more details please visit
<font color="blue"><b>www.icaew.co.uk/careers</b></font id="blue">.

- capricorn_me - 11-12-2006

techno beavers hav started traning for icaew in lahore office