Accountancy Forum
come here students who want join Firm - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: come here students who want join Firm (/showthread.php?tid=3806)

Pages: 1 2 3

- capricorn_me - 10-02-2006

Mr. Flower , i assumed that u r a student and not know what happenes practically, Sarfraz is 100% correct.

i explained it , just some posts above, read it.

- nt_virus - 10-03-2006

a salam a

i just want to confirm the expression of the manager of the ford rhodes that what he wanted me to understand.

he said there is tough competition and we have a no of students and u have a language fluency problem.

i want to know whether language fluency problem might stop me to join sidat hyder.

plz ans

thanx

- Flower - 10-04-2006

nt virus would u like to tell that in how many attempts u have cleared CA enter

- usmangk - 10-05-2006

AOA, I have passed B.Com final from Punjab University Lahore. Now I want to start articleship in CA firm in Islamabad. What can I do to start articleship?

- Abdur.Rehman - 10-06-2006

well i gave CV in both KPMG and PWC one and a half year ago. and without any PAWA i got a call from both. Then i decided to Join KPMG.
and atleast i know in KPMG in my batch more than 10 out of 25 people were those who came without any PAWA watsoever. I think that PAWA works, but if ur previous acedamic record+CA inter attempts and confidence is good, anyone persuant to the growth of his firm would think more than twice before saying you "No". Because everyone wants to grow his firm and no one wants to keep incompetent people in the firm. Yes i agree that if there are two people, one with PAWA and other without of the same calibre then the PAWA can work. But considering the unsaturated market of CA and ever growing demand of it, i think that u dont see many people of good record and confidence even qualified CA inters.
So, if u have the qualities, dont worry, and go ahead. No one can stop u.
and u shud drop the CV with the firm. But u shud keep them reminding and asking until the result is announced.
In my case i got the call from KPMG before result conditional on the result.
Keep the hopes high....

- Flower - 10-06-2006

salam
thanx rehman u have encouraged me a lot i was very diperate after listening so much about pawa.

surely ur qualities cout always. and firms need comptetent persons.

- kamran2k36 - 10-06-2006

Salams to all

well i have <b>call from KPMG conditional on result of mod D</b>, i dont wanna join AFF n have not recieced any call of interview from FRSH AND DELOITE(but test has taken)

wat do all seniors suggest should i join any firm other than Big 4, or wait for result,.....i had <b>refer in BC</b> of Mod C

<u><i>waiting for replies</i></u>...

- noman - 10-07-2006

kamran..yar i called them..kpmg in lahore......they told me they won't accept CV or application before declaration of result........have u used paawa?

- Abdur.Rehman - 10-07-2006

I think u shud Join the firm from which u got call. u can join any other firm later. But u shud join from whereever u get call for time being, as it is quite embarrassing when u dont get call from any other firm and time is passing by after result. But if they retain ur original documents(as FRSH does) then dont join.

- Schuaeb - 10-08-2006

Kamran you should wait for results, and it's just to be declared in weeks

- Pracs - 10-08-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Abdur.Rehman</i>
<br />I think u shud Join the firm from which u got call. u can join any other firm later. But u shud join from whereever u get call for time being, as it is quite embarrassing when u dont get call from any other firm and time is passing by after result. But if they retain ur original documents(as FRSH does) then dont join.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Do you mean to say that they actually retain your documents, so that you are not able to hope on to another firm.. and this I presume is done under pre text that your registration papers are going forth. Which would be all right if you have had your results out.. but certainly not when you are 'temping' for 'peanuts' without it being part ofyour 'training period'

o3k

- Abdur.Rehman - 10-09-2006

yeah its after result that some firms retain ur documents....

- kamran2k36 - 10-10-2006

thankx

well dear fellows i hav an idea that i call KPMG and offer them work voluntarily untill i quilify mod D, since the interviewer at least considered me fit for the firm and my refer is only thing creating doubt in his mind.

wat do u suggest will it work..... or should i do sth else...

reply asap plz..

Allah Hafiz

- Schuaeb - 10-12-2006

It's a good idea if the management of Kpmg is willing but I think they wont be.

- omarr - 10-17-2006

Thanks everyone for the very useful info. )
Now we all know about the Big Four firms and their affliates in Pakistan. Can anyone tell about other good firms (especially in Lahore) that offer internees good exposure and learning opportunities.