Accountancy Forum
Procedure of Getting Internship in A.F. Ferguson - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Procedure of Getting Internship in A.F. Ferguson (/showthread.php?tid=381)

Pages: 1 2 3

- chaser - 04-20-2006

hi,
everybody want to join big 4 firms but can u tell me why u want to join big 4 and where u stand after compeleting the article from these firms?
[V]thanks

- Muhammad Adnan Arshad - 04-20-2006

Why should not we talk about the big threes or fours (like PwC, KPMG, E & Y etc)? & we've not declared all other firms as useless & also have not said that these threes or fours are the future of the accountancy students.
Moreover, it is an obvious fact that the name of the training firm(s) do matter or play a very vital role in the career development. And also the students' own abilities & professional skills do matter.
About the success of any chartered accountant, I can't say anything about anybody.

- 786 - 04-29-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by 786</i>
<br />can a person doing CIMA manegerial level start articleship in ferguson

waiting for reply
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

<br />can a person doing CIMA manegerial level start articleship in ferguson??????????????????????????????????

- accountant1 - 04-29-2006

yes you can start it but u need strong refrence also

- chaser - 04-29-2006

dear accountant1,
everybody says you can get admission in AFF or KPMG through reference.
can explain the type of reference and how much these big4 firms in pakistan help you in getting a good job after compeletion of training can u please explain this delimma.
thanks

- 786 - 04-29-2006

yes exactly i also want to ask the same question
can some one explain it plz

- tajwar - 05-07-2006

salam all
well guys i dont know who says that u need refrences for AFF... this is absolutely wrong... AFF need a trainee with good study background i mean to say that modules r clear in 1st or 2nd attempt...also... he or she must be confident and commited thats all
i m in AFF karachi without any refrence.... aur yeh sab stupid batien hai refrences ki... haan jis ka selection nahi hota wohi yeh sab bahaney banata hai
stop these excuses guyzz trust allah n apply to AFF... it is really the best firm for all auditors
allah hafiz

- chaser - 05-07-2006

tajwar.kaun kehta hai kai us ke job safarish pay huwi hai.
4year ago i met someboy in AFF lahore and he told me that he has cleared paased the ACCA foundation in 4attempts and he had a reference therefore he got the job and i have seen that guy giving exams with me.
there is nothing like reference i have seen loads of guys in big firms with reference there are only 25% of the total guys who come on solid academic backgroung rest on reference this my own personal experience.
i have seen guys who completed ACCA in 6 to 7years and are in good jobs just because of reference same with ca too.

- tajwar - 05-16-2006

ok may be sometimes refrences count but i said this is wrong that ferguson selects on the basis of refrences rather than academic background. if u have a good academic background n good communication skills then i can challenge anybody that ferguson will select u rather then selecting a guy with good refrence and Mr. chaser firm mein aisi refrences ki baat nahi chupti seniors ko pata lag hi jata hai k kaun refrence se aiyaa hai so how did u say k "kaun kehta hai mera refrence se hoaa hai"" may i know wht r u doing now a dayzz?? r u in any firm ???

- gulnaranjum - 03-13-2009

plz guide me about the procedure 4 getting internship in firms @ islamabad.. wht is da last date for submission of forms?
regards

- Sunny84 - 03-19-2009

Well! Gulnar, the firms hav different dates for induction of students for the purpose of internship/articleship, but its usually around CA-Inter Results. AFF has already given out forms in isb for aspirant students, and i think other firms too r in the same process. infact, induction period for isb firms is a little different from that in other cities. tc.

- oscar - 03-20-2009

If u get accepted at ferguson after second interview do they ask for ur original documents?

- kemo - 03-20-2009

Thank you very much

- Muhammad Ahmad - 03-21-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sunny84</i>
<br />infact, induction period for isb firms is a little different from that in other cities. tc.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dear, Please elaborate how the induction period for ISB firm is different from that in other cities? Do they hire students before the result?

- A.S - 03-27-2009

yar tajawar

can u tel me ..how far is this true that ..ferguson doesnt send ppl on secondment and secondly at AFF they keep a trainee in one department ...rather than rotating him/her