Accountancy Forum
Jobs in Banks (allowed or not allowed) - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Jobs in Banks (allowed or not allowed) (/showthread.php?tid=3921)

Pages: 1 2 3

Jobs in Banks (allowed or not allowed) - KiranFatima - 10-22-2006

Here is a question (and a problem as well) for many ppl out there.
so, anyone there to reply me and make my confusion go away?

The question is
As all the banks have the basement of intreset (this is done, talking abt non islamic banking particulary) then the pays given to their employees are also contain interest amount in them, so these pays are considered as HARAM for the employees working there. In short according to Islamic Point-Of-View, working in banks (particularly non islamic banks) is NOT allowed as the pays given to the employees are must be containing the amount which has been taken from their customers as interest?

is it true? i have heared both the possible answers YES and NO.

- sohalvi - 10-22-2006

I think service in non islamic bank is disallowed by SHRIAH (the teaching of Islam).

- Sarfaraz - 11-06-2006

Same as Sohalvi

Lekin agar ap ko khanay ka masla hai aur koi aur tareeqa nahi jiss se ap apna pait bhar sako to majburi ki halat main ho sakta hai k join kar lo lekin agar ap ko market main 10000 par job mil rahee hai aur ap uss se zindagee guzar sakte ho to bank main 50000 par janay ki koi zarurat nahi

yeh mera apna point of view hai

taqwah is an imortant thing in Islam..

With best Regards

Sarfaraz

- Pracs - 11-07-2006

Who is going to run all the banks, until we have shariah compliant banks / economy,. or are we going to import non muslims from outside ?

Its not as simple as that....

- ausmanpk2001 - 11-07-2006

And the salaries that people get from banks thru their employees are also haram bikoz all the companies & govt departments give their employees pay thru banks & they keep their money in banks getting "mark up" on it.!!!!! how is that?

- Kashif87 - 11-08-2006

Yaar...following this logic that a Bank's income is tainted with "sood", we'll have to quit jobs in businesses and all other such institutions which take loans on interest and invest their undistributed profits with non islamic banks. Guys situation is a lot more serious, the whole system is corrupt, our whole economy is interest based and we can't solve the problem by quitting jobs in banks..

- accountingunlimited - 11-08-2006

Dear Friends
I totally disagree with concept "Islamic Banking" because there is no concept of Banking in Islam. There is concept of "Business" and "Welfare". Business through "Musharika" and "Mudaraba". All the eminent personalities of Islam were business people rather than bankers. I would appreciate if someone can quote any example of "Banker Sahabi" or any other eminent Islamic personality.
This term "Islamic Banking" has been coined by some people for their personal benefit. I would appreciate if someone can provide authentic quotations or other material from Sharia so i can improve my knowledge.
Thank you

- Pracs - 11-09-2006

I would disagree with the thing that there is no such thing as Islamic banking. Musharika and Mudaraba are 'pure islamic financial instruments' and as a general consensus among the Shariah scholars other financial instruments are 'shariah' based as long as these are not tainted by interest and the bank is party to risk.. ie apart from the credit risk re Ijaraj/leasing and Islamic mortgages etc.

- KiranFatima - 11-10-2006

<b>@ ausmanpk2001</b>

The question raised by u is very deep to think ..... lets suppose guys that u quit a job from a bank and join a multinational
company ...... that multinational company would definitly have some shareholders (board of directors, MDs, chairperson and
the president even) will be having their accounts in different banks and use to take interest (which thay normally call
"MARKUP") then how would u sure about that they never ever include the amount of interest given to them by thier banks in ur
pays ??

<b>@ kashif87</b>

i m agree with u on ur saying....
"the whole system is corrupt, our whole economy is interest based and we can't solve the problem by quitting jobs in banks.."

so, there must be a solution to this problem as our Islam hasn't leave any matter without the solution.... OR it should be
cleared explicitly that the JOBS IN BANKS ARE ALLOWED OR NOT with the correct and understandable reasons for both !!

anyways thanks to all for ur concern..
I would WelCome ur posts ever...
Cares... !!

- accountingunlimited - 11-12-2006

I think Pracs need a close look of my mail.I mentioned the same things as Shariah compliant and the remaining are not.

Thank you

- Pracs - 11-12-2006

I think I read your post,right the first time,.. you have said you do not believe in ISLAMIC BANKING and I said you are wrong,.. banks that are these days,. advertising as 'Islamic banks' are the Shariah compliant ones,... as in the one's SBP is granting/granted license as 'Islamic banks'. if by islamic banking you mean the 'profit and loss' crap our main stream banks have paraded as since the ZIA days.. if that is what you meant, you need to be more clear in your communications. becuase people will read and make impressions of what you are saying from your posts..

- noman - 11-17-2006

i think one should avoid job in banks as much as one can.......whatever degree u have...i think u can find another job....mba,bcom,mcom or any other masters or bachelors degree.....i think there are other jobs one can try.....and a person should try all those jobs...if he/she can't get any of those.......then bank job can be done.....but that also only out of necessity....
if a particular female is doing job just for self esteem etc or passing time...then she should definitly not get a job in bank..........

- Pracs - 11-17-2006

noman, that is quite a case of lame logic you make of 'avoiding jobs in a bank', because banks and financial services pay out the best in the market. Your solution is like the urdu idiom...of a 'pigeon closing its eyes on seeing the cat'. you know the Ostrich's head in the ground.. it won't go away just by avoiding it, it should be worked upon and bringing the banking world into the realm of Islam.. ala Shariah compliant

And why oh why should females,. be 'especially' not work in Banks ? heard of sexual discrimination ?

- noman - 11-18-2006

u don't like my reply......ur wish...

- accountingunlimited - 11-18-2006

Once again I would insist that Pracs should read the mail properly. If it is difficult, let me explain
1) Some scholars are of the view that so called Islamic Banking is correct and some are not in favor. So when scholars are not of consensus...........
2) Granting of license from SBP does not mean authenticity of compliance of Sharia. Afterall SBP is working underguidelines of IMF and World Bank.
3) The question remains that is there any example of "Islamic Banking" from Quran or Hadith? Is there any guideline avaiable from Holy Book and other revealed script.
4) Unfortunately people preassume improper interpretations and reflect them through words like "If you mean this" or "If you mean that" etc because of poor knowledge. This also indicates the confusion among themselves that what they are saying is correct or incorrect.
So i would like to conclude by inviting a genuine reponse with reference as I mentioned in my original mail because repeating same things constantly without any support in not convincing.
Thank you.