Accountancy Forum
Change in syllabus contents - Is it true? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Change in syllabus contents - Is it true? (/showthread.php?tid=3988)

Change in syllabus contents - Is it true? - zafar - 12-02-2006

I heard one of my friends about some change/revision
in module D syllabus which would be tested from
spring 2007 attempt, while I have not received
any formal notice about any such change.

Is it true or just a rumor?

Please put me out of this confusion.

- insaan - 12-03-2006

its 200% correct
new syllabus avalible at ICAP website & effectice from curent attempt on each and every student regardless of whether he is a repeater or not

- Sunny84 - 12-03-2006

Ya its true.

- wiki - 12-04-2006

AoA,
any one know about whatss the fee will be chargee for 1st 5 papers(moduleA+b).examination fee bye the icap.
i think it is 1000%correct the change in syllabus and it will be downloaded from icap website in PDF format

- zafar - 12-04-2006

Thanks all of you

I have also watched this on Icap website
but I found no singnificant change in syllabus
contents of module D especially of CLAW and CAC.

However there is some change in marks weigtage and
contents presentation but there is nothing added in or
nothing removed from old syllabus contents.

If u know anything added or removed from syllabus contents of
above 2 subjects please tell me.

Againg thanks

- insaan - 12-05-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by wiki</i>
<br />AoA,
any one know about whatss the fee will be chargee for 1st 5 papers(moduleA+b).examination fee bye the icap.
i think it is 1000%correct the change in syllabus and it will be downloaded from icap website in PDF format

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
yaar y not u call ICAP in this regards???

@zafar
yes u r rite ..the major change is only in IT of module D and FA2 of module C

- wiki - 12-05-2006

AoA,
Dear insaan i will call ICAP office and reached the matter but i want to check your knowlegde..?

- DoWnToWnBoY - 12-07-2006

yeah syllabus has been changed Intermadiate and Foundation

<b>For Intermediate</b>
In Module D significant changes have been made in <u>IT-2</u>
40% of the paper would be practical
60% of the paper would be theoratical which would include course of both module B aswell as D.

<u>In module C [Financial Accountings II]</u> IAS 12 , IAS 18 , IAS 24 , IAS 37 and IAS 38 have been added <i>Completely</i>.

<b>For Foundation Stage</b>
Total papers for Module A & B are now 5

<u>In module B [Financial Accountings I]</u> Cashflow for sole-proprietorship and Partnership has added. and they have deleted Consignment and Royalt from Course Outline.

<u>In module B [Mercantile Law]</u> Insurance Act has been deleted
aswell as IT course have been removed. However, instead of IT Economics has been included in Module B.
Now module B consists of [FA-1 , M-Law & Economics]

<u><i><b>Besides Syllabus MAJOR change would be DATESHEET</b></i></u>. (not officaly confirmed but i called ICAP they said yes there would be a change) which would be GAP between papers. now papers of Module D & B would start from monday than GAP of one day then Wednesday and so on. while papers of A & C would start from Tuesday then Thursday then Saturday..

- wiki - 12-08-2006

AoA,
thank you very much to Downtownboy.....?i think you have much knowledge about ICAP .
i am appearing as pfc candidate in march papers .what you suggest for me to appear in moduleA+B together or only for module A.i m a b.com qualiffied.
Whats the fee will be paid for me as a private candidate for module A+B.

- wiki - 12-08-2006

AoA,
Again ,i m doing MBA also .are it will be possible or CA will be done as only.explain kya registration main koyee objection tu nahi laga ge na .double registration pa?

- DoWnToWnBoY - 12-08-2006

You are doing MBA and you want to join CA?
You can do it.
get yourself registered for PFC scheme on the basis of Graduation. i cant see any problem in it.