Accountancy Forum
cfa after CA/ACCA or after MBA from PUNJAB COLLRGR - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: cfa after CA/ACCA or after MBA from PUNJAB COLLRGR (/showthread.php?tid=4079)

cfa after CA/ACCA or after MBA from PUNJAB COLLRGR - rambo - 01-08-2007

My name is Fozia Butt .I am an MBA qualified girl from PUNJAB COLLEGE RAHIM YAR KHAN.I want to start CFA some friend of mine has told me that it would be difficult for me to go ahead with my base of mba,it would be better to go for CFA after ca or acca,I am very confused,please also tell me about the members of cfa from pakistan.also about Mr.KAMRAN RASHID of CFE college

- mmudassir - 01-09-2007

salammy name is mudassir from karachi.i m doing CA inter and MBA 3rd semeber.this is true that if u want to go for cfa with the basis of MBA it would b quite diffiult to u.i humbly advice u to that if u r intersted to join cfa then b4 this u have to join ACCA or CA bcoz CA make itself strong base for u to join in the cfa.the MBA is not quite sufficient bcoz the course is not advance as CA or ACCA.or ICMA.
thanks

- rambo - 01-10-2007

this is the same thing what I have been saying to my class mates specially Zubair and Shafique.Is there any requirement of having us bachelor degree to admit oneslf in cfa?

- sportyspice - 01-16-2007

mudasir sahab kis duniya mai reh rahe ho...yaar agar knowledge nahi to logon ko aise mushware na do please....request hai mind na karna....
rambo whoever told you that CFA is difficult after MBA, he is as ignorant as mudasir bhai...infact MBA is one of the ideal degree for CFA provided that u r majors in finance...doing MBA is not enough...u better do it from some institute or university of repute such as IBA, CBM, LUMS....fozia wat r your majors? if u think u r not capable enough for CFA after MBA than u wasted ur time i guess...
CA or ACCA are totally accounting related fields...sound knowledge of accounting no doubt is a huge advantage in finance but its not sufficient...CFA is hardcore Finance....wat ever u study in MBA u cover CFA level 1 and to quite an extent level 2 aswell....but again the question is that how and where uve done ur MBA from? most CFA;majority cfa's in PAkistan are MBA degree holders....u stand a better chance if u r MS finance, though MBA alone with good electives is enough..

- capricorn_me - 01-23-2007

well,
Mr. Kamran is an excellent personalty and working with so much famous co.s and having a knowledge compareable to 100,s of CA's.
last time result of Dec. attempt for CFA-1 is 8 students pass out of 9(of MR. Kamran class)

- rambo - 01-24-2007

Mr capricon would you please tell me how much of them were ca`s and how many of them were mba`s.Can we have such a comparision betweeen those who have passed in that paper?

- sportyspice - 01-24-2007

for God sake be practical and stop this comparison of CA 's and MBA's.
rambo u already are a mba isnt it?so just go for cfa straight away if u want to....u know how much time it will take if u do your CA first and CFA afterwards. puri zinadagi agar sirf parhna hai to phir theek hai..but believe me even if u decide to study for your entire life u wont be able to complete CFA after CA...waise bhi one need not do CFA after CA or agar koi karta bhi hai to kuch saal kaam karne ke baad....tum easily CA karke hi itni fed up hojao gi ke CFA ka mood nahi bane ga...be practical...talk sense...think rationaly...

meri samajh mai nahi ata ke is forum par log itni immature bate kiyoon karte hain...i know a person thinks like that when he is in inter or bachelors...it is least expected from a masters..

- Sufyanaamir - 11-22-2007

I have also been graduated from Punjab College and intends to do CFA. I have planned to sit in June 2008 exams.. I have a great deal of information regarding CFA. If u feel any need regarding this matter u may like to contact me regarding any particular problem, may be i can be helpful in this way.

- khani - 11-24-2007

Mere money,log CA kar k CFA k bare mein sochna shoro karte hain.Tum ne bahut jaldi kar di hai bachee.

- um@ir - 11-25-2007

Just go for CFA if you have MBA-Finance !

Simple.