Accountancy Forum
need some information on ICAEW - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: need some information on ICAEW (/showthread.php?tid=4120)

need some information on ICAEW - irfan2003 - 01-22-2007

salam all brothers and sisters.
I need some information about icaew. That are if some one pass all 14 papers of ACCA+one yrs experience of acca training firm in london,then how much minimum time he will do CA from ICAEW.
I think my question is straight forward but i want a detailed answer.

pz detailed one.
Thank u very much reply as soon as possible.
Take CAre Allah Hafiz.

- ausmanpk2001 - 01-23-2007

You'll need to clear 2 papers and a case study of the final stage of icaew. Sometime ago i read on the icaew website that the exemption is only applicable to those who have passed UK variant of the acca papers. But you can check it with them, probably its only for tax & law papers exemptions.

You'll also need to complete 3 years training at an ICAEW qualified firm. But if you have prior experience at an ICAEW qualified firm than you can get exemption of upto maximum 1 year training. i.e. you'll then have to complete 2 years training.

I hope this satisfies you, if you have any other queries, then post here & send me a message too ) so i can reply on this post because i donot come on this forum very often.

- irfan2003 - 01-23-2007

Can a student of ACCA attach with ICAEW firm for his internship.I mean if he has passed 6 papers of ACCA.

- irfan2003 - 01-23-2007

will i m goona tell now the whole story.i have passed the first six papers of ACCA. Now i m loking forward to transfer my cradit hours to london.i m planning to do CA from ICAEW in future.So is it possible to join CA firm there on the basis of my these six papers.If possible
then in my thinking i will do i yr intership from ICAEW on the the basis of my ACCA studies.And then in this one yrs inshallah when i pass remaining papers of acca i will start CA studies + remaing 2 yrs internship.
So what do u think it is a possible way or i m wrong.
Waitng for ur reply.
Take care all brothers and sisters.
May allah give successes to all of u.
AAMIN.

- ausmanpk2001 - 01-23-2007

Yes, you can join a firm on the basis of your passed papers as an ACCA student. But if you want to use your experience towards ICAEW training too then you should find internship at a firm which is also an ICAEW approved training firm. In this way you'll be able to use your 1 year towards both ACCA training & ICAEW too.

But there are some potential problems. You'll need a work permit to work in london based firm. If you donot have then a firm will have to sponsor you. It is quite common in the UK for ACCA students to work but its not quite common for firms to sponsor foreign students for work permit. There is a very little qouta for work permits for accountancy firms.

It is possible but quite difficult.

- irfan2003 - 01-25-2007

well there come some more questions in my mind relating to this topic.
What is the way to get working permit.I mean efficiency or soemthing elce.I mean if one is very very efficient and hardworking and so and so,then he will get his way,or things like approach are important.
I mean tell me in detail to how could i get my goal.
2- second questions is what is the average stepind of an Icaew trainee,in other words how much can he earn in a month.
Thank u very much dear brother for ur replies.
May God help all of us in achieving our goals.AAMIN.

- ausmanpk2001 - 01-27-2007

ok... welll

Ofcourse you have to be efficient. its mandatory in every kind of job!

you need some experience in big4 accounting firms.

and a good academic record (of ACCA) might be helpful too.

Get some experience in a big4 firm.

big4 firms have positions for work permits annually. Apply for the posts.
Getting a 1st div bsc hons (which u can get after acca part 2) might be helpful too.

But still no one can guarantee you a position.

the stipend of acca is good. it increases with the papers you clear. around 20-24 thousand pounds per for CAT & it increases ending up at around 40,000 for a complete acca. anyways, its good enough for you to survive & save some money too.

- irfan2003 - 01-27-2007

u means i cannot join icaew firm directly over there.which means i cannot complete CA in comming three years.
Ok but i asked about stepind of ICAEW trainee measn CA trainee.And also u didnt mention currency i mean is it rupees and per year or per month.
thanks alot pz tell me clearly what should i do if i want to do CA in comming 3 years i mean to minimise time.